Sponsored

Good aftermarket exhaust for the Powerboost?

RB82

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PB, 4X4, LB, Iconic Silver
Occupation
LE
Has anyone found a good aftermarket exhaust for their Powerboost?
Sponsored

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
Maybe I’m psycho, but I’m one of the few it seems to actually like how the ecoboost’s sound with exhausts..

Im curious to how this will sound cruising with the engine turning off and on when going into electric mode.

That being said, I’m almost certain there is some sort of electronic device (exhaust brake??) in the exhaust system that makes the PB’s exhaust physically different than the 2.7/3.5/5.0. Which unfortunately means less support from the aftermarket being that it is so new.

Please post a video if you do find something for it!

OP
OP
RB82

RB82

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
LE
Maybe I’m psycho, but I’m one of the few it seems to actually like how the ecoboost’s sound with exhausts..

Im curious to how this will sound cruising with the engine turning off and on when going into electric mode.

That being said, I’m almost certain there is some sort of electronic device (exhaust brake??) in the exhaust system that makes the PB’s exhaust physically different than the 2.7/3.5/5.0. Which unfortunately means less support from the aftermarket being that it is so new.

Please post a video if you do find something for it!
I talked to Roush, they are coming out with an exhaust kit for the PB later this summer early fall. You can also get a tuner and/or a CIA with it, or just the exhaust. I will wait for that kit to come out.

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
I talked to Roush, they are coming out with an exhaust kit for the PB later this summer early fall. You can also get a tuner and/or a CIA with it, or just the exhaust. I will wait for that kit to come out.
??Sounds like you already had your answer. ??‍♂

oldrayseasoning

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost XLT
Occupation
Chef
I recently reached out to them about this but nobody would confirm it…

Sponsored

OP
OP
RB82

RB82

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
LE
I recently reached out to them about this but nobody would confirm it…
Weird. I’m still surprised they aren’t available after the engine has been out this long already. Thanks for checking.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I may be a rare one here, but I kinda like the sound of the stock exhaust. While it isn't as burbley as a V8, it has a subtle idle growl.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I may be a rare one here, but I kinda like the sound of the stock exhaust. While it isn't as burbley as a V8, it has a subtle idle growl.
I'm pretty sure that is the piped in music you are hearing, from outside the truck it's almost silent. I had MBRP exhaust on my EcoBoost and liked it, but I think it's too loud to be hearing it cut in and out all the time as a PowerBoost flips between electric and ICE.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I'm pretty sure that is the piped in music you are hearing, from outside the truck it's almost silent. I had MBRP exhaust on my EcoBoost and liked it, but I think it's too loud to be hearing it cut in and out all the time as a PowerBoost flips between electric and ICE.
I was actually listening outside near the pipe when running propower with a vacuum cleaning the carpet mats and noticed the sound when I turned off the vacuum and thought, oh, that sounds subtle but nice.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/weathertech-hp-floorliners-installed.7439/

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
If you want exhaust noise.......don't buy a Powerboost. Buy an Ecoboost or 5.0l.

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
The only exhaust note that a Powerboost can make IS an Ecoboost exhaust note. :)
Really? Gosh learned sumpin new today.

The point is, it'll sound like it's farting going down the road.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
Hey, you were the one suggesting the Ecoboost
Geesh.... I guess I have to completely explain myself..... I know the Powerboost is a 3.5l Ecoboost engine. Duh. I have heard some ok aftermarket exhausts on the Ecoboost. So.... Put a loud exhaust on a Powerboost and it will sound like it's farting going down the road when it shuts off and starts back up. Hopefully I was able to splain my initial comment concisely for you to understand.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
You actually don't have to explain anything.
That's entirely up to you.
Sponsored