Sponsored

Getting undercoat done tomorrow. Any guidance?

Ryanhdd

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 150 Crew
Occupation
Audio Producer
Line x will be doing the undercoat tomorrow on my truck. Cost 600.00 anything I should be aware of?
Sponsored

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Make sure they tape off the back of the rims so you don't get overspray in them. Otherwise, Line-X should undercoat around everything.

Ford F-150 Getting undercoat done tomorrow. Any guidance? 2021 F150 Undercoating 6

Ford F-150 Getting undercoat done tomorrow. Any guidance? 2021 F150 Undercoating Back Wheel 2 - 21_05 29

Ford F-150 Getting undercoat done tomorrow. Any guidance? 2021 F150 Undercoating 1

Ford F-150 Getting undercoat done tomorrow. Any guidance? 2021 F150 Undercoating Differential 1 - 21_05 29

OP
OP

Ryanhdd

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 150 Crew
Occupation
Audio Producer
Yeah that’s real nice. Pictures make me even more glad I’m getting this done. Mines a 2022 and there is already rust on a few of the parts underneath. Thanks for the Picts also

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I'm going to try to do my own when I get my truck. I want to use Cosmoline and I cannot find anyone that uses that. I would gladly pay $600 for the undercoating and that is "best spent money" item for your truck. Not flashy but functional.

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Bumping this back up.
I asked the dealer to undercoat my truck prior to delivery. I have to crawl under to double check but so far it just looks like they sprayed the inside of the rear wheel wells. Would undercoating typically include the frame, rear axle etc? Those were def not done.... What would a normal undercoat package from a dealer include? $850 to spray the inside of the rear wheel wells seems like highway robbery to me.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That sounds pretty bad. Most of the undercarriage should be done, except for exhaust and wheel assembly. Especially the frame should be done and actually the most important part is the inside of the frame. They need to go into all the holes of the box frame with a 360 degree spray and work the inside like there is no tomorrow.

Just to touch on my previous post. I did a lot research into LineX for undercoating and they use a product Valugard 104. This is not Cosmoline but it is something like Cosmoline. A wax based material. I think I am going to have them do it and then I will just have to go over it with the Cosmoline as needed. Especially the inside of the frame.

Reactions: 780

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That sounds pretty bad. Most of the undercarriage should be done, except for exhaust and wheel assembly. Especially the frame should be done and actually the most important part is the inside of the frame. They need to go into all the holes of the box frame with a 360 degree spray and work the inside like there is no tomorrow.

Just to touch on my previous post. I did a lot research into LineX for undercoating and they use a product Valugard 104. This is not Cosmoline but it is something like Cosmoline. A wax based material. I think I am going to have them do it and then I will just have to go over it with the Cosmoline as needed. Especially the inside of the frame.
Okay. I'm going to reach out. But, thinking they'll just tell me they normally don't do the frame and axle assembly. Again, still have to crawl under the truck to see if anything else was done. But the frame and axle definitely weren't. Feeling ripped of that it cost $850. Maybe they were trying to rush it out for delivery?

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The frame is the most important part. Other stuff can rust away and be replaced but if your frame rusts through, the vehicle is severely compromised. Good luck and I hope they give you that money back. Sounds like they just took a rattle can of undercoating and sprayed some visual areas hoping that would satisfy you.

Reactions: 780

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
I had Krown rust proofing done on mine. Too many horror stories of coating cracking and rust occurring underneath, which can't bee seen.

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sounds like they just took a rattle can of undercoating and sprayed some visual areas hoping that would satisfy you.
That's kind of the feeling I'm getting...

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just talked to the dealer and they said the only things that get undercoated are the wheel wells and belly of the truck.

I'm not really worried about those Aluminum parts rusting. It's the frame and axle I'm worried about. They said no dealers put undercoating on the frame or axles as it's a safety issue. Anyone ever heard this before? News to me?

SportySpace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 3.5
After some extensive research, I went with Krown undercoating as well. Had the first application done last fall and will continue to have it sprayed every year before winter. Made it through one Canadian winter so far with no rust anywhere so worth it so far. Price point is also quite reasonable at ~$150 per spray.
Sponsored