First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
As far as the quality of fit and finish when they're pumping them out at 1 every 52 seconds it's not likely to be very good. I don't like that it's not top notch. Sure, it takes longer than that to build them but I don't care how good anyone is, even with robots it's just asking for trouble when they build them so fast.
Sponsored

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That paint is disgusting,and I would think that the dealer would at least deal with the scuff.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
The more time I spend on here reading, the luckier I feel. Sorry you are having to settle
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ANYONE THAT HASN’T GOTTEN THEIR 2021 F150 YET:
If you are super detail oriented and expect a perfect truck when you are paying for a brand new truck DO NOT get a 2021 F150.

As Wolf Man said, they’re pumping these trucks out faster than pizza.
But that is an absolute bullshit reason to be selling poor quality products at an increased price.
This is just another confirmation that Ford does not give any F***s about you, me or anyone. It’s business.

I just had my first 5+ consecutive hours of sleep in over two weeks so my brain is a little better than yesterday and I’m just trying to ignore all the flaws on my new truck. And there are quite a few.
It’s a shitty feeling the way I have to program my brain into covering all the bad stuff with the good so I hope you guys can just learn from my shituation.

I’m comparing the fitment and quality and finish to my 2018 f150. Very big difference. And that 2018 was not perfect at all.

I know I’m rambling so here’s a short story from the dealership yesterday to end this.

The first two pics show the fitment difference between the fender and that narrow trim piece between the grille and bumper.
On the passenger side the corner of the fender overlaps the trim piece.
On the driver side the trim piece sticks out further. NEITHER SIDE IS LINED UP ☹

The third and fourth pics are of a Lincoln(I think Aviator) that should be perfect as it’s on display inside the dealership. But same thing thing, nothing lines up.
My trucks sticker says $59k CDN. This Lincoln was on sale for $76k.

Remember when I told my dealer about My fitment issues and he said that it’s a Ford truck not a Lincoln, implying that a truck is supposed to be rugged and manly, not perfect and pretty like a city boy car.
Well when I mentioned that their display Lincoln was just as fudged as my truck he just smiled.
Lesson of the day: I actually don’t even know. I’m so perplexed right now lol. Someone please help me with the lesson of the day.
Ford F-150 Getting my truck today 03E664D1-87CA-4765-9B23-BCFC6940F13D
Ford F-150 Getting my truck today 3EFCA543-7D15-421F-871E-B31235435810
Ford F-150 Getting my truck today 05F37FB6-22E7-4252-963C-B0BB6EF42534
Ford F-150 Getting my truck today 7F0EB9A7-0653-433A-90B2-D652FD03498F

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Eric, I do enjoy your posts. But since you asked, I'll formulate a "lesson of the day" for you, take it with a grain of salt.

Lesson 1a - get more sleep
Lesson 1b - though we all agree with what we'd like to see for our $70k+, and I do understand JS's ire at his really nasty rusty truck issue, this is small stuff and not worth the blood pressure you are putting into it
Lesson 1c - I bet with a moderate palm slap on both sides of the truck on the piece sticking out, you can line them up
Lesson 1d - I willing to take the bet if this is going to be your daily driver within 6 weeks some idiot in a parking lot is going to give you a dent or least a paint ding that, at least in my opinion, would get you madder

Just trying to help.... :)

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Anyone who is expecting “absolute “ perfection in anything (car, house, wife, husband, you name it) is just going to be greatly disappointed. These are just vehicles, in 3-7 years they will be traded or sold (replaced). Yep, there will be problems to sort out, just hope you have a good dealer (marriage counselor) to help you through this life altering situation!

Sponsored

Rapid Red

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Test driver
On the paint imperfection, looks like it could be rubbed out with some polish compound. The rust on the cast iron flange & carrier is cosmetic, will not effect the operation of it. My Two tone is just as bad. Considering you pay extra for the Two Tone & extra for the Rapid Red paint.

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
i guarantee you that I’m as particular, probably more so, than anyone on this forum......my new F150 is very, very close to perfect.....I wouldn’t change a thing about the truck or it’s condition as delivered.

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
i guarantee you that I’m as particular, probably more so, than anyone on this forum......my new F150 is very, very close to perfect.....I wouldn’t change a thing about the truck or it’s condition as delivered.
Congratulations

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I consider myself VERY particular, and fortunately my truck seems pretty solid so far even with as OCD and detailed oriented as I tend to be. I know people are trying to discount it as flaws in mass production, but I’m +1 for if trucks are surpassing $80,000 they better step their game up for asking that much money.

I know it’s probably not worth much, but if I was going over your truck, or that Lincoln i probably wouldn’t have noticed those fitment issues. Besides that scuff on the left headlight, I wouldn’t have been able to see those those other issues unless you deliberately pointed them out to me. At my first glance, it seems like a decent truck. Keep enjoying it!

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
What plant was this truck built at? I have had several from both plants and I have noticed that Dearborn generally does a better job of fit & finish. My 18 and 20 KC Lariats were both pretty messy but my 2017 and 2019 dearborn build trucks were as flawless as a mass made american truck gets. Not sure if that's an anomaly or not but it seems oddly coincidental.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
What plant was this truck built at? I have had several from both plants and I have noticed that Dearborn generally does a better job of fit & finish. My 18 and 20 KC Lariats were both pretty messy but my 2017 and 2019 dearborn build trucks were as flawless as a mass made american truck gets. Not sure if that's an anomaly or not but it seems oddly coincidental.
That’s odd. I experienced the exact same thing.
My 2018(Dearborn) had minor paint flaws but was massively better in fit and finish than this 2021(Kansas). Maybe that’s why the Kansas windshield sticker is a lot nicer than Dearborn’s, to make up for the shitty finish.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I’m still at the dealership waiting my turn to finalize everything.
I’ve already gone over the entire truck inside and out and it’s pretty shitty quality.
But it is also pretty awesome, especially coming from a 2018.

A lot of poorly finished areas. Hood and other panels not aligned. Interior has a lot of cheap plastic. That’s all I can say for now. I worked from 11pm last night and headed straight here when I finished at 7am so I’m pretty tired and too lazy to do a full inspection with the checklist I got from this forum.
Not advisable but I’m taking the truck regardless and this dealership is not going to be giving me any deals or discounts. They’re not even filling the tank.

We’re all aware of the level of demand on this truck so if I don’t want it they don’t care.

I told showed my dealer the imperfections I found and he said it’s a Ford truck, not a high end luxury vehicle so Ford makes them like that lol.

Aside from all those sad feels I must say that it is an awesome truck. Everything is much bigger and better in real life. Shit quality but like I’ve said from the beginning, hands down best looking truck and already turning all the heads at the dealership.

1)a little underbody rust
2)scuff/scratch above the headlight
3)really really really shitty paint job on the two-tone. Looks like a child did it. Free handed without taping anything off lol fml.

59824831-1D4E-42AD-A963-104233D22145.jpeg

4B4F0E1C-A36D-4193-BBF9-55663B86A2E4.jpeg

0FE97DBE-E1CF-4513-B216-4EFED95CAF29.jpeg
@fordmotorcompany can you please look into this as well
Sponsored