Getting my truck today

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I’m still at the dealership waiting my turn to finalize everything.
I’ve already gone over the entire truck inside and out and it’s pretty shitty quality.
But it is also pretty awesome, especially coming from a 2018.

A lot of poorly finished areas. Hood and other panels not aligned. Interior has a lot of cheap plastic. That’s all I can say for now. I worked from 11pm last night and headed straight here when I finished at 7am so I’m pretty tired and too lazy to do a full inspection with the checklist I got from this forum.
Not advisable but I’m taking the truck regardless and this dealership is not going to be giving me any deals or discounts. They’re not even filling the tank.

We’re all aware of the level of demand on this truck so if I don’t want it they don’t care.

I told showed my dealer the imperfections I found and he said it’s a Ford truck, not a high end luxury vehicle so Ford makes them like that lol.

Aside from all those sad feels I must say that it is an awesome truck. Everything is much bigger and better in real life. Shit quality but like I’ve said from the beginning, hands down best looking truck and already turning all the heads at the dealership.

1)a little underbody rust
2)scuff/scratch above the headlight
3)really really really shitty paint job on the two-tone. Looks like a child did it. Free handed without taping anything off lol fml.

Ford F-150 Getting my truck today 59824831-1D4E-42AD-A963-104233D22145

Ford F-150 Getting my truck today 4B4F0E1C-A36D-4193-BBF9-55663B86A2E4

Ford F-150 Getting my truck today 0FE97DBE-E1CF-4513-B216-4EFED95CAF29
Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
What the fuck! I get there are some things we all just deal with.. but that scuff on the front and shitty paint job. Yikes!

So sorry you’re dealing with that. The dealer should 100% be fixing that stuff.

would love to see more pics of the truck!

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
What the fuck! I get there are some things we all just deal with.. but that scuff on the front and shitty paint job. Yikes!

So sorry you’re dealing with that. The dealer should 100% be fixing that stuff.

would love to see more pics of the truck!
More pics soon bro. But yeah the reality of it is that it’s a big take it or leave it game. He’s a nice guy but that’s just the culture of a dealership that focuses on volume. I’m honestly just too tired to be sad about it right now.
But when I do get some rest and re-evaluate the whole truck all the sad feels will take over but hopefully be washed away with the awesomeness of the truck.
I should’ve frickin got the space white XTR. I saw one at the same lot today and it was really nice, even in the shitty cloudy day.

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
Congratulations Eric!!! Got mine last Saturday... looked over my Leadfoot paint everything was good... but check for your chrome exhaust tip caise apparently they forgot mine at the factory... I had to drag salesman out to look at every 302A XLT to prove they all came with a Chrome Tip

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Good stuff Broski, leadfoot is also very amazing in person. A lot of people were all over that one at the dealership. I got the tip no homo. It also looks a lot nicer in person.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
Wow! Thats terrible, makes me rethink waiting for this Truck for possibly 6 months. Is there no way for them to take are of all this?

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I wish. And I’m sorry to tell you my dude, from here on out the wait is going to be a lot longer than anyone anticipated. This dealer told me that Ford notified them of super hefty delays and that anyone that’s waiting will have at least a few more months added to the wait. That’s a big reason why I just said fudge it and took it

JGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
at least you are not buying it with the lease drive it like hell and take it back in a year and get a new one, the dealers in Toronto are alway buying you out early

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
More pics soon bro. But yeah the reality of it is that it’s a big take it or leave it game. He’s a nice guy but that’s just the culture of a dealership that focuses on volume. I’m honestly just too tired to be sad about it right now.
But when I do get some rest and re-evaluate the whole truck all the sad feels will take over but hopefully be washed away with the awesomeness of the truck.
I should’ve frickin got the space white XTR. I saw one at the same lot today and it was really nice, even in the shitty cloudy day.
Jesus! if that's your experience with your salesman with a vehicle that you ordered, what are your service experiences going to be like?

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Jesus! if that's your experience with your salesman with a vehicle that you ordered, what are your service experiences going to be like?
Surely it will be very ass-like. On the plus side, there were only 6km’s on it. That feels good since my 2018 came with over 60kms. And it does have the godly new car smell.

Sponsored

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 2013 Subaru BRZ
at first I thought you were being overly dramatic about the two tone paint.... then I saw the picture. Wow thats bad!

Isn't that something they could have repaired under warranty?

RT21KRH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 2013 Lariat
Occupation
Physicist
at first I thought you were being overly dramatic about the two tone paint.... then I saw the picture. Wow thats bad!

Isn't that something they could have repaired under warranty?
Eric fantastic you are finally getting your truck! But the paint issue and any issues with uneven gaps would be a non-starter for me. That suggests it was damaged in transit??

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assembler
I wish. And I’m sorry to tell you my dude, from here on out the wait is going to be a lot longer than anyone anticipated. This dealer told me that Ford notified them of super hefty delays and that anyone that’s waiting will have at least a few more months added to the wait. That’s a big reason why I just said fudge it and took it
100%% Truth!!! Why when mine showed up on the lot last week and debating ordering a Loaded Platty with PowerBoost, and seeing how messed up the dealership order banks were with delays I just took my XLT the way I liked it and smiled!!! Love my 5.0 Rumble on the highway too!!

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assembler
Eric, what Trim did u get?

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Eric, what Trim did u get?
XLT 302A with the 2.7. I had the 3.3 in my 2018 and this one is a lllooootttttt faster. That 5.0 of yours must feel as good as it sounds. You definitely made the right choice
Sponsored