islandboy47

islandboy47

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost Lariat FX4
Ford F-150 Getting cold feet about buying a 2021 PowerBoost PXL_20210812_000736617
Ford F-150 Getting cold feet about buying a 2021 PowerBoost PXL_20210812_000727636
Ford F-150 Getting cold feet about buying a 2021 PowerBoost PXL_20210812_000801810
Ford F-150 Getting cold feet about buying a 2021 PowerBoost PXL_20210813_215256564
Ford F-150 Getting cold feet about buying a 2021 PowerBoost PXL_20210813_223403095

She's beautiful and such a blast to drive. I'm addicted to the lane centering features and the Unleashed sound system is crazy good!
Sponsored

FORDfan1

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Marketing
I've been waiting to upgrade my vehicle for a couple of years now, and just so happens that this year I got a new job that pays almost $20k more and I sold a house I owned in another state because prices were so high, so I have more money than last year and thought "now is the time to get a new truck!". I did all the research and realized that right now buying any vehicle is harder/more expensive than usual, but especially things like late model trucks, ugh. So that led me to think maybe buying a new vehicle for the first time ever wouldn't be a bad idea due to the market, and I discovered the fresh 2021 F-150 model and specifically the amazing PowerBoost. At first I thought I was crazy to want to spend $50k minimum for a truck, but then I test drove one, a Lariat (it's all the dealership had) and I LOVED it! So I started building mine online and realized that I don't want a $50k truck...I really want a $70k truck! After all I want to keep this thing for like 5 - 10 years, why not get something I'm excited about? That amount of money is absolutely insane to me, but I ran the numbers and surprisingly I can afford it, honestly fairly easily. So after keeping an eye on the market and looking into ordering one I found out that ordering a truck would take months, which isn't ideal for me because I have a list of projects I need to get done by the end of the year that could really benefit from having a truck on hand. So I looked into existing inventory and after searching and searching, calling dealerships and daily checking ford.com I finally found one with all the options I want (PB, FX4, Lariat, Tow Package, Blue Cruise Prep, 360 camera etc.) and I called and put a refundable deposit down on the truck and it had an ETA of about 3 weeks. Great, now I have time to think about it and decide if it's truly what I want to do...

Well it's been 3 weeks now and the truck has finally arrived! Oh joy! I'm scheduled to go pick up tomorrow, a 3 hour drive away from home. HOWEVER - now that things are about to get real, I am FREAKING OUT. Am I making a huge mistake? A $70k truck is going to depreciate so fast, and what if I lose this new job I have in a year? Do I really need a truck that nice? (obviously not, I want it!). Will the excitement I had while test driving it go completely away and I won't care about having a nice truck in a month or so, but still be stuck with $900 payments? (I can pay for it in cash, but will be financing if I go through with it because it's so cheap to do that right now). I do need a truck at this point, I do a lot of home improvement and a lot of outdoor adventuring and I've been itching to get one again for years, but am I making a mistake by being convinced by all the shiny options of modern vehicles? Should I have some patience and wait for the 2022 models, or will they just be the same but more expensive? What about Toyota - aren't they refreshing their pickups in 2022? I would really love an electric vehicle as well...should I wait for one of those?! Oh man, I don't know what to do any more and I'm over analyzing everything. I guess I'm just here hoping someone on here can relate and tell me their story - do you regret spending so much? Do you still love the PB months after owning it? HELP!
Classic case of buyer's remorse, before you've bought!! I bought the Powerboost Lariat last January with the same feeling but have never regretted it since. Absolutely love the truck. I've owed Ford F-150's for 30 years but this is my favorite by far. Traded in my 2017 XLT because of all the new safety features and fuel economy/ power . Only you can make a decision whether it's right for you. It was certainly right for me!

Ford F-150 Getting cold feet about buying a 2021 PowerBoost 20210120_155401

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
A wealthy friend built a yacht that cost him many millions of dollars. Its name is Mitseah, which means "bargain" in Yiddish.

I asked Leo how anyone could justify spending that much money on a boat, which no one needs, given the alternative uses for the money. He replied, "David, you may have noticed that I walk a little crooked due to a stroke. You may have also noticed that I am getting up in years. I have the money and I plan to be dead for a very long time." Every time I think about whether to splurge a little I think back to that conversation.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
A wealthy friend built a yacht that cost him many millions of dollars. Its name is Mitseah, which means "bargain" in Yiddish.

I asked Leo how anyone could justify spending that much money on a boat, which no one needs, given the alternative uses for the money. He replied, "David, you may have noticed that I walk a little crooked due to a stroke. You may have also noticed that I am getting up in years. I have the money and I plan to be dead for a very long time." Every time I think about whether to splurge a little I think back to that conversation.
this one ? :oops:

https://pendennis.com/yachts/mitseaah/

https://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/luxury-charter-yacht-22501/mitseaah-photos.htm#yacht-tabs

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired

Biocast

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Hybrid 7.2kW
Occupation
Property Mgt
I've been waiting to upgrade my vehicle for a couple of years now, and just so happens that this year I got a new job that pays almost $20k more and I sold a house I owned in another state because prices were so high, so I have more money than last year and thought "now is the time to get a new truck!". I did all the research and realized that right now buying any vehicle is harder/more expensive than usual, but especially things like late model trucks, ugh. So that led me to think maybe buying a new vehicle for the first time ever wouldn't be a bad idea due to the market, and I discovered the fresh 2021 F-150 model and specifically the amazing PowerBoost. At first I thought I was crazy to want to spend $50k minimum for a truck, but then I test drove one, a Lariat (it's all the dealership had) and I LOVED it! So I started building mine online and realized that I don't want a $50k truck...I really want a $70k truck! After all I want to keep this thing for like 5 - 10 years, why not get something I'm excited about? That amount of money is absolutely insane to me, but I ran the numbers and surprisingly I can afford it, honestly fairly easily. So after keeping an eye on the market and looking into ordering one I found out that ordering a truck would take months, which isn't ideal for me because I have a list of projects I need to get done by the end of the year that could really benefit from having a truck on hand. So I looked into existing inventory and after searching and searching, calling dealerships and daily checking ford.com I finally found one with all the options I want (PB, FX4, Lariat, Tow Package, Blue Cruise Prep, 360 camera etc.) and I called and put a refundable deposit down on the truck and it had an ETA of about 3 weeks. Great, now I have time to think about it and decide if it's truly what I want to do...

Well it's been 3 weeks now and the truck has finally arrived! Oh joy! I'm scheduled to go pick up tomorrow, a 3 hour drive away from home. HOWEVER - now that things are about to get real, I am FREAKING OUT. Am I making a huge mistake? A $70k truck is going to depreciate so fast, and what if I lose this new job I have in a year? Do I really need a truck that nice? (obviously not, I want it!). Will the excitement I had while test driving it go completely away and I won't care about having a nice truck in a month or so, but still be stuck with $900 payments? (I can pay for it in cash, but will be financing if I go through with it because it's so cheap to do that right now). I do need a truck at this point, I do a lot of home improvement and a lot of outdoor adventuring and I've been itching to get one again for years, but am I making a mistake by being convinced by all the shiny options of modern vehicles? Should I have some patience and wait for the 2022 models, or will they just be the same but more expensive? What about Toyota - aren't they refreshing their pickups in 2022? I would really love an electric vehicle as well...should I wait for one of those?! Oh man, I don't know what to do any more and I'm over analyzing everything. I guess I'm just here hoping someone on here can relate and tell me their story - do you regret spending so much? Do you still love the PB months after owning it? HELP!
Best F150 I ever owned! Go get it!! Got mine Lariat Powerboost w/ 7.2 kW in June, ordered it in Feb! Ran my whole house for for days power out on 1/2 tank!!

Ford F-150 Getting cold feet about buying a 2021 PowerBoost A0D9C65E-0CA9-4880-8501-6B0B3AC8BA9D

Ford F-150 Getting cold feet about buying a 2021 PowerBoost 477996A5-5F32-4852-8BEF-82DEE8A2C1F5

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
PXL_20210812_000736617.jpg
PXL_20210812_000727636.jpg
PXL_20210812_000801810.jpg
PXL_20210813_215256564.jpg
PXL_20210813_223403095.jpg

She's beautiful and such a blast to drive. I'm addicted to the lane centering features and the Unleashed sound system is crazy good!
I told you so ???

emersonloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Best F150 I ever owned! Go get it!! Got mine Lariat Powerboost w/ 7.2 kW in June, ordered it in Feb! Ran my whole house for for days power out on 1/2 tank!!

A0D9C65E-0CA9-4880-8501-6B0B3AC8BA9D.jpeg

477996A5-5F32-4852-8BEF-82DEE8A2C1F5.jpeg
i may have missed it but are there any good threads on the electrical work that needs to be done for a house to be able to receive power from the generator? Thanks

Sponsored

RT21KRH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 2013 Lariat
Occupation
Physicist

I think you captured what a lot of us were thinking, man this is an expensive pick up! My KR PB came in at about $75K which is the second most expensive car I’ve bought just behind a 911 Carrera4S. 9,000 miles later after 4 months and no issues really a pleasure to drive. Right now what stands out the most is how it will eat highway miles, I see no issue with 800-900 miles per day loaded with energy to spare. It’s just great yours looks fantastic too.
Sponsored