Getting cold feet about buying a 2021 PowerBoost

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I absolutely love my PB Platinum. 6,000 miles in and I am excited every single time I drive it. I also still enjoy parking it out where I can either see it from afar, so I can admire it as I walk back to it. I have owned 18 cars in my lifetime and, currently, this is the best all-around vehicle I have ever had. You are not making a mistake, in my opinion. You are going to really be happy.

I don't know what price you settled on, but KBB lists my truck as worth more than what I paid, which is a unique position to be in. That will change, of course.

MikeG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Vehicles do not depreciate like they used to. Even pre-pandemic like 2018, used 2016 trucks were only a few grand under new pricing. That whole "as soon as you drive off the lot" idea is dead. Go ahead and buy it.

Sponsored

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
I love Ford F150 Powerboost idea but, if Toyota drops info soon an onboard generator is available in the '22 Tundra before my retail PB order arrives, I will be seriously considering dropping my f150 order. Sorry, I know this is an f150 forum.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I love Ford F150 Powerboost idea but, if Toyota drops info soon an onboard generator is available in the '22 Tundra before my retail PB order arrives, I will be seriously considering dropping my f150 order. Sorry, I know this is an f150 forum.
Why would you buy a Toyota truck? Do you want the worst economy in a pickup truck?

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
Why would you buy a Toyota truck? Do you want the worst economy in a pickup truck?
Has Toyota posted EPA numbers yet on the '22 Tundra hybrid max? May be better or worse than powerboost.

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I got it last night! It's pretty much amazing and I'm so glad I pulled the trigger!
you mentioned earlier that you intend to keep this thing for a long time.
Depreciation should not even enter the concerns you may have had about purchasing.

I paid cash for my special order XLT in Feb.
I frankly don’t even care about its value right now.
I am content with it, it runs and drives nice, and I plan on keeping this for a very long time. (Still have 79 C10 I bought new at 18, just sold a Ranger I bought new in 05, and still drive the old 98 k1500 regularly)

if you are still happy with it in 6mo to a year, and you have the funds handy to so, pay it off and be done with that aspect.

Ive only had one vehicle that I financed (05 Ranger).
Annoyed the hell out of me and her to no end.
Those payments did not last too long before aggravation took over and we paid it off.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I got it last night! It's pretty much amazing and I'm so glad I pulled the trigger!
Post Pictures so we can see you new ride!

Very happy you are happy with it.

Did you play with the lane centering on the way home? It’s magical IMO.

EVT Tech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost
I'm on my second Platinum. first was a 2019 EB now a 2021 PB. once you get used to all the awesome features you will be hooked forever. Before I found this Platinum, I was offered a Lariat that fell through and I'm glad because it was missing some features the previous truck had and I felt like I would regret it.

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
I've been waiting to upgrade my vehicle for a couple of years now, and just so happens that this year I got a new job that pays almost $20k more and I sold a house I owned in another state because prices were so high, so I have more money than last year and thought "now is the time to get a new truck!". I did all the research and realized that right now buying any vehicle is harder/more expensive than usual, but especially things like late model trucks, ugh. So that led me to think maybe buying a new vehicle for the first time ever wouldn't be a bad idea due to the market, and I discovered the fresh 2021 F-150 model and specifically the amazing PowerBoost. At first I thought I was crazy to want to spend $50k minimum for a truck, but then I test drove one, a Lariat (it's all the dealership had) and I LOVED it! So I started building mine online and realized that I don't want a $50k truck...I really want a $70k truck! After all I want to keep this thing for like 5 - 10 years, why not get something I'm excited about? That amount of money is absolutely insane to me, but I ran the numbers and surprisingly I can afford it, honestly fairly easily. So after keeping an eye on the market and looking into ordering one I found out that ordering a truck would take months, which isn't ideal for me because I have a list of projects I need to get done by the end of the year that could really benefit from having a truck on hand. So I looked into existing inventory and after searching and searching, calling dealerships and daily checking ford.com I finally found one with all the options I want (PB, FX4, Lariat, Tow Package, Blue Cruise Prep, 360 camera etc.) and I called and put a refundable deposit down on the truck and it had an ETA of about 3 weeks. Great, now I have time to think about it and decide if it's truly what I want to do...

Well it's been 3 weeks now and the truck has finally arrived! Oh joy! I'm scheduled to go pick up tomorrow, a 3 hour drive away from home. HOWEVER - now that things are about to get real, I am FREAKING OUT. Am I making a huge mistake? A $70k truck is going to depreciate so fast, and what if I lose this new job I have in a year? Do I really need a truck that nice? (obviously not, I want it!). Will the excitement I had while test driving it go completely away and I won't care about having a nice truck in a month or so, but still be stuck with $900 payments? (I can pay for it in cash, but will be financing if I go through with it because it's so cheap to do that right now). I do need a truck at this point, I do a lot of home improvement and a lot of outdoor adventuring and I've been itching to get one again for years, but am I making a mistake by being convinced by all the shiny options of modern vehicles? Should I have some patience and wait for the 2022 models, or will they just be the same but more expensive? What about Toyota - aren't they refreshing their pickups in 2022? I would really love an electric vehicle as well...should I wait for one of those?! Oh man, I don't know what to do any more and I'm over analyzing everything. I guess I'm just here hoping someone on here can relate and tell me their story - do you regret spending so much? Do you still love the PB months after owning it? HELP!
Get it i did and love it. You will have this for long time and get the value out of it.
Sponsored