Getting a truck just got harder!

Roll.Tide

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
So I ordered my truck June 16th, on July 8th the scheduler notified the dealership that they are out of Kodiak Brown paint and I need to select a new color if I want my truck built. Picked smoked quartz, new order placed July 9th but it doesn’t show up as ordered in my “my Ford” account, should I be concerned?
Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
So I ordered my truck June 16th, on July 8th the scheduler notified the dealership that they are out of Kodiak Brown paint and I need to select a new color if I want my truck built. Picked smoked quartz, new order placed July 9th but it doesn’t show up as ordered in my “my Ford” account, should I be concerned?
One of the reasons my build took so long was because they kept running out of Smoked Quartz. Never understood why, maybe it's a hard color to make but at an extra $510 for the color you'd almost think they'd keep it in stock. Also Kodiak Brown was originally only available on Claycomo builds but don't know if that's still the case. Same with SQ, it was originally only available on Dearborn builds.

OP
OP
Roll.Tide

Roll.Tide

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
One of the reasons my build took so long was because they kept running out of Smoked Quartz. Never understood why, maybe it's a hard color to make but at an extra $510 for the color you'd almost think they'd keep it in stock. Also Kodiak Brown was originally only available on Claycomo builds but don't know if that's still the case. Same with SQ, it was originally only available on Dearborn builds.
Dang, I hope I don’t run into the same problem with smoked quartz

Lsucrna

First Name
KG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Over educated professional bartender
Not sure if this is relatable..
My buddy is the Behr paint rep for my area. They were having problems getting colorant to make paint colors. Any color. The plants that manufacture the colorant were running at reduced capacity or had even shifted a lot of manufacturing to masks/gloves/etc for the pandemic. With most people at home and painting their houses, it created quite the shortage. Might be similar situation

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Wow that sucks. Maybe they should go back to the Model T days and just offer Black. Buy lots and lots of that one color and you'll be all set :p

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roll.Tide

Roll.Tide

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Not sure if this is relatable..
My buddy is the Behr paint rep for my area. They were having problems getting colorant to make paint colors. Any color. The plants that manufacture the colorant were running at reduced capacity or had even shifted a lot of manufacturing to masks/gloves/etc for the pandemic. With most people at home and painting their houses, it created quite the shortage. Might be similar situation
This makes sense, there seems to be a shortage of just about everything…

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Who ever heard of running out of paint? What is going on in this country?!

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
just a thought -

I ordered Stone Grey (the least popular color, I was told) and my truck arrived exactly ontime. It looks good, & gets plenty of compliments. I describe it as "dirt with a clear-coat"

The manager at my dealership told me his own F-150 (don't remember the color) is 3 months late, and Ford told him it's because the paint he requested is in short supply.

We've had a house under construction since last December. A lot of materials and supplies are in short supply, and we've made concessions on some things (like paint color) to avoid more delays in the project.

Shortages are are everywhere. It's not the govt administration, nor Ford, nor alien intervention, it's just a fact of life today.
Sponsored