First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tremor
Occupation
Truck Driver
Is anything , when talking trucks more controversial than tires? I think I’m going to have dealer put on same general grabbers but E-rated. Thoughts? Then I need to know what to inflate them at. Another bit of controversy. Thank you all in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Yeti

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Ether Graboid
Is anything , when talking trucks more controversial than tires? I think I’m going to have dealer put on same general grabbers but E-rated. Thoughts? Then I need to know what to inflate them at. Another bit of controversy. Thank you all in advance.
Yeah, I've been impressed with the grabbers performance-wise. when these spin down, I'll probably do the same for my towing and DD use.

driniv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
I act like I use my truck for something more than mall crawling and have been for the better part of 20 years and made multiple bad decisions based on feedback from people that spend more time polishing their trucks than pushing them to their limits. An SL rated tire is not meant to endure even moderate side wall abrasion. If you care to take your oem tires for your next 400 mile adventure off road, I wish you luck. For me, I'm happy to know that these tires aren't something I can rely on before I need to rely on them.

I'm sorry if I popped your fanboy bubble but off road and SL aren't something that belong together, not even from Ford.
Tremor is an expensive truck, ford knows what their doing. Majority of tremor owners will not use it to go off-road and the little off-roading they will do won’t be intense. Again ford knows what their doing, go buy after market, 9/10 tremors will barely see a trail. People will choose better mileage and comfort over going off-roading. You really think ford would rather satisfy the 10% instead of the 90% by offering a worse ride quality and worse mpg. Think dude Then you won’t be so surprised.

klvanzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I'm hoping some of you can help me out with a couple of questions. I bought a set of these for my Powerboost, thinking they'd be a good set since Ford puts them on the Tremor, but noticed that when I'm turning at full lock on pavement they really lose traction. It seems like they ride on the edges and into the sidewall in the front when turning that much, and the aggressiveness of the tread edge causes the them to hop and lose grip. Is this normal? I don't normally run more aggressive all-terrains or mud tires so maybe it is and I'm just not used to it? All tires are at 40 PSI.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Not everyone should be using the same PSI. Trucks weight different. Different wheelbase, etc.

They best thing to do is chalk 'em. Best way to the the optimim PSI four your truck.

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I'm hoping some of you can help me out with a couple of questions. I bought a set of these for my Powerboost, thinking they'd be a good set since Ford puts them on the Tremor, but noticed that when I'm turning at full lock on pavement they really lose traction. It seems like they ride on the edges and into the sidewall in the front when turning that much, and the aggressiveness of the tread edge causes the them to hop and lose grip. Is this normal? I don't normally run more aggressive all-terrains or mud tires so maybe it is and I'm just not used to it? All tires are at 40 PSI.
Drop the PSI some.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Just saw this and went out and checked. In this tiny ass little print on the tire:
Plies Sidewall: 2 Polyester.

I had no idea. I thought I was getting an actual tire on this and not something off of a Fisher Price kids toy. Definite failure on my part though for not fully inspecting the tire and reading the fine print. I just went to the GG website and looked up the specs of the ATx and called it good. I now consider myself lucky after logging all those miles offroad in the Comb Ridge area of Utah the day after we took delivery. Time to get rid of this sorry chunk of rubber and put something worth a damn on them. My plan was to wait until the ATx were worn and replace with KO2s but I already have 3 Overlanding trips planned including one over New Years Eve through Lippincott Pass in Death Valley so not a chance in hell I am risking it with these.
Sounds like the tire has done what you needed. Real world trumps specs everyday of the weel.

Luck plays no part. They performed as expected.

DirtFreak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Ford F250
Occupation
Retired ( paper maker )
Does Ford put subpar tires on the Raptor ?

nitewolfgtr

First Name
Jin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 GMC Canyon Duramax
Good to know tires on Tremor are lite SL-rated version of Grabbers.

But it would not have changed my mind had I known this prior to ordering my Tremor.. so this PSA is kinda pointless. Ford knows this and that’s why they can get away with it. 🤣

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
EPA
Manufacturers are incentivized by $MILLIONS to squeeze even a mile per tankful. They design and outfit our trucks with components and features that we would never realize the advantage at the pump, but they get to factor that against a multiplier of thousands per day.

The Tremor F150 is an amazing offer that is not pure poser. So it's not just a marketing job. But the oem tires? The bean counters win that argument and I'm not the least surprised.
Sponsored