Sponsored

GAWR (axle) stickers for regular/max tow and EB/PB

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
@Roger350 - The trailer tow mirrors are a standalone option. They should be available without max tow...
Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
@Roger350 - The trailer tow mirrors are a standalone option. They should be available without max tow...
But to order the tow mirrors you have to either order the Tow Package or the Max Tow Package, you cannot get them without one or the other, and the regular tow package used to be $1000 for even less equipment than you get in the Max Tow, making the old price of $1350 for Max Tow almost palatable. Almost.

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Yeah the 8.8" Axle pumpkin is a squarish shape pretty symmetrical from left to right, whereas the 9.75" Axle pumpkin is not the same left to right. It's hard to describe the shape. I was hoping Crapblaster got a shot of the pumpkin.

I'd really like to see if the axle part number on the stickers in Crapblaster's pictures is the same as the Max Tow axle. I guess if you can get a pic of those stickers for a truck with an EB or PB with Max Tow we'll know if the axles are the same with and without Max Tow.

That way, if I call my dealer and find out my truck still hasn't been scheduled, and that I'm getting hit with the $650 price increase for Max Tow, I can at least decide If I'm willing to ditch it to save money. We're already paying double for almost all of the content of Max Tow on a Powerboost Truck. And with the low payload numbers most of the 1,400 lb increase in trailer weight for a Max Tow truck cannot even be realized because the tongue weight is eating up all the payload, so Max Tow looks even more expensive and useless. It basically just becomes slightly larger rear brakes and the ability to get the tow mirrors. Those are some very expensive brakes and mirrors.
Ok Roger, here's a pic of my pumpkin. I'm also throwing in a picture of my differential. I also found this sticker on the receiver hitch.

Ford F-150 GAWR (axle) stickers for regular/max tow and EB/PB external-content.duckduckgo.com

Ford F-150 GAWR (axle) stickers for regular/max tow and EB/PB 20210113_153746[1]

Ford F-150 GAWR (axle) stickers for regular/max tow and EB/PB 20210113_153759[1]

Sponsored

HandyMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F350 Powerstroke
Thanks for this data point! It matches the King Ranch 3.5EB maxtow that I physically saw. It is making me question the other data point in my sheet that says 3.5EB but rear was only 3800#. I want to go try to find that source, as it is mind boggling there are 2 rear axles for 3.5EB max tow....

1610051938647.png
I think I found the source for your mystery data point, and I think it was logged incorrectly. It looks like that data point was from Smitdog's post (post #11 on page 1 of this thread) and his window sticker shows that he actually has the regular tow package, not the Max Tow.

What's interesting is that he still has the 7050 GVWR, even though his rear axle weight rating is lower... which further emphasizes the lack of value in the Max Tow.

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I think I found the source for your mystery data point, and I think it was logged incorrectly. It looks like that data point was from Smitdog's post (post #11 on page 1 of this thread) and his window sticker shows that he actually has the regular tow package, not the Max Tow.

What's interesting is that he still has the 7050 GVWR, even though his rear axle weight rating is lower... which further emphasizes the lack of value in the Max Tow.
Oh yes, it is pretty certain that the rear axle ratings are not what is used in the GVWR calc directly as the limiter alone. They seem to make sure that the axles have a given amount of margin over the curb weight for the vehicle, but the EB's get the 7050# rating anyway. Then the PB gets a bump over EB just by putting another 300# rating on the FRONT axle only vs EB max tow. Go figure.

Regardless I gave up on the tracking when my machine rebooted to install updates and didn't save my excel.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My head is spinning ?
Such a big mystery, shocked ford is not able to provide some sort of guidance on the payload.

Sponsored

clifford

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Subaru Outback
I think I see then issue here:

-Google

So the 20" wheels and/or tires are most likely reducing the rating. Maybe the axle could be the HD version, but without the wheels equipped with the HDPP, it can't get that rating?

The old 20" sport wheels on Lariats used to lower the payload by 250-300lbs.
With PB XLT/302/chrome package(or probably anything with chrome package) adding max tow REQUIRES 20”.

I see on the above pictures, the PB with only the technology package has a lower hitch rating.
Does the receiver with the normal tow package have the same 1400lb tongue weight rating as the max tow?

Wrf61

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT
With PB XLT/302/chrome package(or probably anything with chrome package) adding max tow REQUIRES 20”.

I see on the above pictures, the PB with only the technology package has a lower hitch rating.
Does the receiver with the normal tow package have the same 1400lb tongue weight rating as the max tow?
My Lariat PB with the Regular Tow Package:
Ford F-150 GAWR (axle) stickers for regular/max tow and EB/PB Blue Devil Hitch Receiver

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercrew 4x4 XLT Sport Powerboost
Occupation
Energy
Powerboost Screw XLT Sport 302a 157”

Ford F-150 GAWR (axle) stickers for regular/max tow and EB/PB A453F6C6-F40B-4889-A253-82EFBCA6DC63

Ford F-150 GAWR (axle) stickers for regular/max tow and EB/PB A3EC7810-B604-41F9-ADBF-7B3FD4EE7BBB

Ford F-150 GAWR (axle) stickers for regular/max tow and EB/PB 6E91F8CC-B8C2-4B26-9A87-E0A33C0CC8EF

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover
Oh yes, it is pretty certain that the rear axle ratings are not what is used in the GVWR calc directly as the limiter alone. They seem to make sure that the axles have a given amount of margin over the curb weight for the vehicle, but the EB's get the 7050# rating anyway. Then the PB gets a bump over EB just by putting another 300# rating on the FRONT axle only vs EB max tow. Go figure.

Regardless I gave up on the tracking when my machine rebooted to install updates and didn't save my excel.
I pretty much ordered the same truck as you - Powerboost SCrew 7350# GVWR Max Tow Package except mine is a Lariat. Can you post pictures of your stickers - payload and the towbar that shows the max distributed weight. I tow a trailer and MiniEx occasionally that = 9000. Thx. Also like the looks of your Lomax. Mine hasn't arrived yet, but neither has my truck.

Boone

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost SCrew
Occupation
Retired
Platinum SCrew, PB, Max Tow. Just took delivery. Love the truck!

Ford F-150 GAWR (axle) stickers for regular/max tow and EB/PB Window

Ford F-150 GAWR (axle) stickers for regular/max tow and EB/PB GVWR

Ford F-150 GAWR (axle) stickers for regular/max tow and EB/PB Payload
Sponsored