Gas tank size?

grant4514b

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
From what I’ve read, all pbs have a 30.6 gal tank. Just did my 1st fill up at 23 miles to empty. Took 31.5 gallons without topping off.
Ford F-150 Gas tank size? 2DA35BF0-8B71-4E08-A1D3-AB3D70D5807E
Sponsored

Robbie Racer

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I have noticed the same exact thing 2 or 3 times when I let the tank get that low. I'm thinking that I will be filling up sooner from now on. ;)

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Pretty sure the published fuel tank size VS the quantity of fuel that can be poured into the vehicle don't always match exactly.
Nor will every pump at every station have the same sensitivity for shut-off.
Having said all that, I've had a couple of Powerboost over the last couple of years and I still don't know what they actually hold since I usually fill up at around 100 miles to empty.

Ironically the range of this truck is pretty much the same as my previous 3.5 Ecoboost with a 36 gallon tank. So when asked "how much better fuel mileage are you getting with that Powerboost?", I respond "it appears about 6 gallons better" :)

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Pretty sure the published fuel tank size VS the quantity of fuel that can be poured into the vehicle don't always match exactly.
Nor will every pump at every station have the same sensitivity for shut-off.
Having said all that, I've had a couple of Powerboost over the last couple of years and I still don't know what they actually hold since I usually fill up at around 100 miles to empty.

Ironically the range of this truck is pretty much the same as my previous 3.5 Ecoboost with a 36 gallon tank. So when asked "how much better fuel mileage are you getting with that Powerboost?", I respond "it appears about 6 gallons better" :)
Of course if you tow a lot, you can't quite make up the difference in the tank size.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
While you are towing, a Powerboost IS an Ecoboost.
But once you arrive?
No comparison. 😁

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
While you are towing, a Powerboost IS an Ecoboost.
But once you arrive?
No comparison. 😁
Anecdotally, I believe I'm getting about a mile per gallon better towing with the PB vs the straight up Ecoboost.

Meathead

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Edge, 2017 Transit. 2019 F150, maybe 22 F150
I have this question also. When I placed my order a year ago the sales manager told me I could not get a 36 gl tank with PB. I was disappointed as I love having that big tank. When I did finally get my truck, two days ago the salesman told me all KR have a standard 36gl tank. I will just have to wait until I burn through this tank to find out. I was shocked that they gave me a full tank of gas when I picked it up.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You don't believe all us Powerboost'rs that have the trucks? 😁
It has an exclusive fuel tank because neither of the ICE F150 fuel tanks can fit.

You're salesman probably drives a Mustang.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I have this question also. When I placed my order a year ago the sales manager told me I could not get a 36 gl tank. I was disappointed as I love having that big tank. When I did finally get my truck, two days ago the salesman told me all KR have a standard 36gl tank. I will just have to wait until I burn through this tank to find out. I was shocked that they gave me a full tank of gas when I picked it up.
PB or not? If a PB, it's definitely a 30.6 tank. All PB regardless of the level get the 30.6. That's because extra room is needed for the lithium battery.

Meathead

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Edge, 2017 Transit. 2019 F150, maybe 22 F150
You don't believe all us Powerboost'rs that have the trucks? 😁
It has an exclusive fuel tank because neither of the ICE F150 fuel tanks can fit.

You're salesman probably drives a Mustang.
I do believe you guys, way more than any salesman.
I'm glad I found this forum, its way more informative than any salesman.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
One thing that’s never called into question with these kinds of threads is: what is the calibration of the pump like? Is it out of date? Is it accurate? Is it precise? I don’t trust that these pumps are all that accurate at times

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
At 600+ miles I really need to stretch my legs anyways.
Of course when you are pulling a parachute behind the truck things are quite different. But even the extra 6 gallons won't allow you to skip many of those "next gas station is 80 miles" when crossing the Great West. :)

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
One thing that’s never called into question with these kinds of threads is: what is the calibration of the pump like? Is it out of date? Is it accurate? Is it precise? I don’t trust that these pumps are all that accurate at times
I'm pretty sure that they need to be checked on a regular basis (annually) to verify calibration. In general, if a pump is fine and has a calibrated output, it will probably be very close for a long time until just before it fails barring anything getting sucked into it. Now if you're going to a shady gas station, all bets are off.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I'm pretty sure that they need to be checked on a regular basis (annually) to verify calibration. In general, if a pump is fine and has a calibrated output, it will probably be very close for a long time until just before it fails barring anything getting sucked into it. Now if you're going to a shady gas station, all bets are off.
I’ve seen enough govt work and govt employees to not trust any of it
Sponsored