First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 2.7 EB, 2021 F150 PB
Occupation
Machinist
An option that would be nice in the future. Hit the lock button (3 times) on the FOB and the windows, moon roof and rear slider would close and lock doors. Hit the unlock (3 times) as you walking up and the windows go to previous setting and unlock doors.

Also, not sure if this exists or not, but it would be nice to have a button on the dash that would open the tailgate. Can't stand having to use the FOB every time on my 18'. I'm always picking kids up for hockey and have to scramble to find and use the FOB every time. This would be for the regular tailgate, not the powered.
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
An option that would be nice in the future. Hit the lock button (3 times) on the FOB and the windows, moon roof and rear slider would close and lock doors. Hit the unlock (3 times) as you walking up and the windows go to previous setting and unlock doors.

Also, not sure if this exists or not, but it would be nice to have a button on the dash that would open the tailgate. Can't stand having to use the FOB every time on my 18'. I'm always picking kids up for hockey and have to scramble to find and use the FOB every time. This would be for the regular tailgate, not the powered.
If you opt for the power tailgate option, the truck will have a button by the headlight toggle knob to open and close it from the inside.

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
On previous vehicles, I could hit the unlock button twice, and on the second press, hold the button for 5-10 seconds, and the windows and sunroof would open. I could do the same with the lock button and everything would close up. I just tried it with the truck, and no dice.

SportySpace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 3.5
On previous vehicles, I could hit the unlock button twice, and on the second press, hold the button for 5-10 seconds, and the windows and sunroof would open. I could do the same with the lock button and everything would close up. I just tried it with the truck, and no dice.
I saw that this was a feature on previous Ford vehicles so thought I'd try it with my 2021...no luck :(

One feature I'd love to see is an option within SYNC to disable the notorious double honk. I know a lot of people go the FORSCAN route to eliminate this annoyance, but with vehicles nowadays being so technologically advanced, it would be great to have a simple toggle in the infotainment system to turn this off.

Sponsored

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
I saw that this was a feature on previous Ford vehicles so thought I'd try it with my 2021...no luck :(

One feature I'd love to see is an option within SYNC to disable the notorious double honk. I know a lot of people go the FORSCAN route to eliminate this annoyance, but with vehicles nowadays being so technologically advanced, it would be great to have a simple toggle in the infotainment system to turn this off.
I don't think this will ever be possible. The honk is a federally mandated requirement so that you can't accidentally leave your car running in your garage to fill your house with carbon monoxide. Too much liability to offer a way to disable it from Ford, if it's even an option legally speaking

SportySpace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 3.5
I don't think this will ever be possible. The honk is a federally mandated requirement so that you can't accidentally leave your car running in your garage to fill your house with carbon monoxide. Too much liability to offer a way to disable it from Ford, if it's even an option legally speaking
Then how about giving us the option to change it from a honk to something more subdued, like the PowerBoost reverse beep. If it's legally adequate for a moving vehicle, should be good enough for a stationary one.

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
Then how about giving us the option to change it from a honk to something more subdued, like the PowerBoost reverse beep. If it's legally adequate for a moving vehicle, should be good enough for a stationary one.
I agree with that. My Subaru just made a high pitched whine noise, much much more subtle. Almost unnoticeable.

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
The Lariat 502a Package should include a wireless phone charger.
Come on Ford !!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gabes

Gabes

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 2.7 EB, 2021 F150 PB
Occupation
Machinist
I hope some Ford engineers are watching this thread for ideas.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
A feature that would use the 360 camera to take a 360 picture if the alarm is activated. Then sent to the Ford App.
How about being able to use the 360 cams as DVR’s as in dashcams like Tesla does. That would be really cool.
Sponsored

Reactions: 780