Sponsored

Fully Loaded Lariat vs Fully Loaded Platinum???

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I had ordered a platinum first. Changed to a limited and after seeing the mpg on the power boost option I added the power boost. And I thought it was strange that the power boost option is cheaper according to what level truck you order. The power boost option on the limited is the cheapest on any truck.You cannot get the big fuel tank with the power boost and you really don’t need it.

They can't put the extended range fuel tank in the PowerBoost because of the space needed for the different transmission and battery. Thus, the PowerBoost equipped trucks get their own proprietary 30.6 gallon fuel tank.

The cheaper powertrains as you step up though the trims is a common pricing technique by Ford. The more powerful powertrains either become included or optional with cheaper prices. I guess the thought process is the base price of the higher trim compensates for the profit margin.
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I learned long ago - a man's truck is his truck and I would never be critical of his decsion. I owned a 2016 Plat - & enjoyed it. Truth is long as it's a Ford - I'm all good with any truck decided.

Heck yeah!!!

****Cranks Toby Keith's "Ford Truck Man" commercial****

Ford F-150 Fully Loaded Lariat vs Fully Loaded Platinum??? download

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
I am in the reverse situation... I have been looking to buy loaded Plat -PB - FX4 - 701A but... reconsidering to loaded Lariat with PB-FX4.... The concern is about the payload. The Plat I'd like seems to be low on the payload (though I am looking to confirm that). One of the heavier option I can do without is the auto running board... From what I can tell - the Plat - FX4 - 701A - PB seems to be coming with about 1300 lbs payload and I need to nudge it towards 1400-1450...

OP
OP
melthon

melthon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT BAP Carbonized Grey (Fully Loaded) 3.5
I am in the reverse situation... I have been looking to buy loaded Plat -PB - FX4 - 701A but... reconsidering to loaded Lariat with PB-FX4.... The concern is about the payload. The Plat I'd like seems to be low on the payload (though I am looking to confirm that). One of the heavier option I can do without is the auto running board... From what I can tell - the Plat - FX4 - 701A - PB seems to be coming with about 1300 lbs payload and I need to nudge it towards 1400-1450...
Where are you pulling those payload numbers from?? Everywhere I look, your numbers are much lower than what I am finding.

On Ford.com they are showing the payload higher for the Platinum at 1810-1830 on payload and that is the same on the Lariat or the Platinum.

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/models/f150-platinum/

Thanks.

Last edited:

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@melthon - You are right. The payload for 5.5’ and 6.5’ PB 4x4 are 1830 and 1810, respectively. But, that’s before options. FX4 (skid plates), 701A (automated running boards, power tailgate, etc) take a significant bite out of the 1830/1810 lbs numbers in the table you are referring to.

I have not seen the truck outfitted close to what I looking for (Plat - PB - FX4 - 701A - 7.5kW - interior work surface, lay flat seats, lockable storage, tow mirrors, Max Tow, etc.) in the lot. Really hoping that it can give something like 1400 lbs payload (dropping retractable tonneau to accomplish this). But - the door tags that I have seen and the feedback on this and other forum suggests that the combination I am looking for is closer to 1300 lbs in payload - forcing me to very reluctantly consider the alternatives (including dropping PB for 3.5EB).

I hope I am wrong but it seems to be heading that way.

Sponsored

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
@melthon -

I have not seen the truck outfitted close to what I looking for (Plat - PB - FX4 - 701A - 7.5kW - interior work surface, lay flat seats, lockable storage, tow mirrors, Max Tow, etc.) in the lot. Really hoping that it can give something like 1400 lbs payload (dropping retractable tonneau to accomplish this). But - the door tags that I have seen and the feedback on this and other forum suggests that the combination I am looking for is closer to 1300 lbs in payload - forcing me to very reluctantly consider the alternatives (including dropping PB for 3.5EB).
I am looking at ordering about the same configuration, have you placed an order, or are you looking for dealer allocated?

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Rgwinn - Thank you very much!

I am not too concerned about trying to get the exact vehicle from the dealer lot. Instead I am looking for the vehicle door stickers with the payload information from similarly equipped vehicles. I have to try and decide out whether the payload will allow me to stay with my preference or require me to drop to 3.5EB and 2.0kW generator to get to an acceptable payload number. If the payload is closer to 1300 lbs with PB - my hand might be forced.

So, if you get the sticker information - I would very much appreciate a heads up.

Thank you!

OP
OP
melthon

melthon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well...... I ended up changing my order to a fully loaded Platinum after further reading through posts and looking online. Since I didn't have a build date yet, I figured better change it now while I still can.

Ford F-150 Fully Loaded Lariat vs Fully Loaded Platinum??? 1606398832890

Having an aftermarket company install a spray in bed liner locally for the same price but better quality and lifetime warranty on it.

Last edited:

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Well...... I ended up changing my order to a fully loaded Platinum after further reading through posts and looking online. Since I didn't have a build date yet, I figured better change it now while I still can.

1606398832890.png

Having an aftermarket company install a spray in bed liner locally for the same price but better quality and lifetime warranty on it.
Very nice build & with nice options

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid

1606398832890.png

Pretty much what we are doing, except white. With the flip cover and no moonroof
Ford F-150 Fully Loaded Lariat vs Fully Loaded Platinum??? 804608E5-2632-462A-A360-F2C1E7319E46

Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150

1606398832890.png

Not trying to be a bearer of bad news and I hope you never have problems with it like some owners have had but, are you sure you want the Twin Panel Moon Roof?

Are you aware of said problems?

Plenty of info out there to read about said problems/issues.

Just thought I’d bring it to you attention.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Pretty much what we are doing, except white. With the flip cover and no moonroof
804608E5-2632-462A-A360-F2C1E7319E46.jpeg
Beautiful truck you are getting & you will love the platinum. I had a 2016. I'm going with a BAKFlip MX4 tonneau as it cover fits my needs and less mechanical. Spray in liner - I thought about an aftermarket (LINE-X), but settled with the OEM. I dont haul any rough items etc... likewise, I'll end up putting a Ford 1/2" rubber bed mat like I did on my 2016 Platinum which worked well for my need.

OP
OP
melthon

melthon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not trying to be a bearer of bad news and I hope you never have problems with it like some owners have had but, are you sure you want the Twin Panel Moon Roof?

Are you aware of said problems?

Plenty of info out there to read about said problems/issues.

Just thought I’d bring it to you attention.
Thanks for the feedback. I have read and heard from some of the reviews on those yes. I personally have never had a twin panel from Ford but I have had moonroofs in every Ford I have ever owned and any vehicle I have ever owned. I have had zero issues with any of them. We all have our own thoughts and opinions on moonroofs but I personally would NEVER buy a vehicle without one. Why? Because when I spend money on a vehicle I want what I want and I like what I like.

Again, I appreciate the feedback and I appreciate you making me aware of anything that has had issues that maybe I wasn't aware of. As always it is tough when making decisions as every make, model, etc has had a negative feedback on the internet some place or another, some option or another. I will say, I would have been upset if you would have said why didn't you have the moonroof on it? Because then I would have had to change my truck order again due to an oversight :) :).

Last edited:

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Why? Because when I spend money on a vehicle I want what I want and I like what I like.
I ordered a long bed SuperCab 4x4 XLT 301a
Just for the reason you stated.
I do not need or want all the gizmos for a daily
I want what I want, don’t want what I don’t want.
Air, tilt, cruise, bucket seats and console and a light color interior.
Power driver seat was a plus that I really don’t need but is appreciated
I didn’t even want the big screen in the dash, thus, 301A.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I ordered a long bed SuperCab 4x4 XLT 301a
Just for the reason you stated.
I do not need or want all the gizmos for a daily
I want what I want, don’t want what I don’t want.
Air, tilt, cruise, bucket seats and console and a light color interior.
Power driver seat was a plus that I really don’t need but is appreciated
I didn’t even want the big screen in the dash, thus, 301A.
I’m glad to hear that you ordered what you wanted but unless Ford upgraded the halogen headlights on the 2021 F150, you ”might” regret not spending a little more for the 302A package which includes LED headlights.

Congrats on your new F150.
Sponsored