Sponsored

Fully Loaded Lariat vs Fully Loaded Platinum???

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Only has to see as well as my 98 Chev with old timey square sealed beams
My Ranger is only slightly better for night vision with Halogens
The Ranchero and ElCamino both have sealed beam halogens---those are nice--MUCH nicer than the OEM T-3
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Thanks for the feedback. I have read and heard from some of the reviews on those yes. I personally have never had a twin panel from Ford but I have had moonroofs in every Ford I have ever owned and any vehicle I have ever owned. I have had zero issues with any of them. We all have our own thoughts and opinions on moonroofs but I personally would NEVER buy a vehicle without one. Why? Because when I spend money on a vehicle I want what I want and I like what I like.

Again, I appreciate the feedback and I appreciate you making me aware of anything that has had issues that maybe I wasn't aware of. As always it is tough when making decisions as every make, model, etc has had a negative feedback on the internet some place or another, some option or another. I will say, I would have been upset if you would have said why didn't you have the moonroof on it? Because then I would have had to change my truck order again due to an oversight :) :).

A moon/sunroof was a non-negotiable option that I wanted on my next vehicle purchase as well. I’ll put that warranty to good use if anything happens.

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
i owned A mid 90’s T-Bird Super Coupe. It was the best car I have ever owned. It had a moon roof which I came not to like or use because in Louisiana it was too hot and bright. That said I contemplated getting the twin panel moon roof on my new Platinum Powerboost because it’s looks cool. Then I thought in the past several years how many times did I think I wish I had a moon roof Even though I’m in Pennsylvania now. Not once so I opted not to include it on my order. Just my thoughts for consideration.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
i owned A mid 90’s T-Bird Super Coupe. It was the best car I have ever owned. It had a moon roof which I came not to like or use because in Louisiana it was too hot and bright.
Ford should have kept building those things
had a 94 LX v6 that I liked so much I also bought a 97 with the v8 and the moon roof.
In texas, that thing was up all the time--just not slid back.
I miss both of those cars, but SHE cracked both of them up within a week of each other.
Totaled the 94 and got the back crunched in on the 97.
Neither one her fault, but I bought the Ranger with a stick to keep her out of it.

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
Ford should have kept building those things
had a 94 LX v6 that I liked so much I also bought a 97 with the v8 and the moon roof.
In texas, that thing was up all the time--just not slid back.
I miss both of those cars, but SHE cracked both of them up within a week of each other.
Totaled the 94 and got the back crunched in on the 97.
Neither one her fault, but I bought the Ranger with a stick to keep her out of it.
It was fast. I had it to 140 when the tack started beeping!

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
First, extremely nice truck you ordered. I concur, I don't rough-house my bed that much, so the factory spray-in should be sufficient. Also, I have concerns about Line-X getting everything apart and sprayed correctly on the Powerboost.

The number of cars I have owned without a sunroof/moonroof/no roof: 0 for 15. I am not sure I am going to like the twin-panel, but buying a truck without it is not an option. My boys are going to love it!

I adore Thunderbirds (and Cougar's). My father had a '78, '83, & '94 Cougar + '86 Lincoln Mark VII LSC.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
@Rgwinn - Thank you very much!

I am not too concerned about trying to get the exact vehicle from the dealer lot. Instead I am looking for the vehicle door stickers with the payload information from similarly equipped vehicles. I have to try and decide out whether the payload will allow me to stay with my preference or require me to drop to 3.5EB and 2.0kW generator to get to an acceptable payload number. If the payload is closer to 1300 lbs with PB - my hand might be forced.

So, if you get the sticker information - I would very much appreciate a heads up.

Thank you!

Here is a sticker for a loaded powerboost platinum. I don't know all of the options but I believe it was fully loaded less the power telescopic mirrors. Very disappointing payload at 1251 lbs.

Ford F-150 Fully Loaded Lariat vs Fully Loaded Platinum??? PayLoad

OP
OP
melthon

melthon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT BAP Carbonized Grey (Fully Loaded) 3.5
Here is a sticker for a loaded powerboost platinum. I don't know all of the options but I believe it was fully loaded less the power telescopic mirrors. Very disappointing payload at 1251 lbs.

PayLoad.jpeg
That is quite interesting on that and a little disappointed as well. I don't haul much with my truck (I had a small truck prior) so at that payload, plus my weight, 1,000lbs I probably won't even come close to that with what I do, but still a smaller number than I would have hoped for.

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Ouch. That's low.

Looking that guy up on Ford Tracker, it sure does look loaded.

701A package
7.2KW generator
FX4 package
Max Tow (or one of the tow packages)
Moon roof
Engine Block Heater
Work Surface
Storage Box
Spray in bedliner

Interestingly I *don't* see the max recline seats in there, but I think most of the demo units had them.

So, this truck started with a max payload of 1,830. With all these options it lost 579 lbs, which is a lot, but not out of the realm of possibility.

I bet if you take out the 7.2kW generator (???), FX4 package (50lbs) and the bedliner (80 lbs) you could recover 200 lbs of that payload. Hard to get around that a fully loaded truck is more of a nice SUV than hauling machine.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I thought I read somewhere on this forum that the Max Tow package is not available on the Limited due to the suspension being more tuned to be more "road friendly".

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ouch. That's low.

Looking that guy up on Ford Tracker, it sure does look loaded.

701A package
7.2KW generator
FX4 package
Moon roof
Engine Block Heater
Work Surface
Storage Box
Spray in bedliner

Interestingly I *don't* see the max recline seats in there, but I think most of the demo units had them.

So, this truck started with a max payload of 1,830. With all these options it lost 579 lbs, which is a lot, but not out of the realm of possibility.

I bet if you take out the 7.2kW generator (???), FX4 package (50lbs) and the bedliner (80 lbs) you could recover 200 lbs of that payload. Hard to get around that a fully loaded truck is more of a nice SUV than hauling machine.
Aside from the engine block heater, that's right on the money in terms of what I want to order. I am not opting for the Max Recline. Once I load the family up, we would be left with only about 750 lbs of payload for our excursions. Ouch!

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Aside from the engine block heater, that's right on the money in terms of what I want to order. I am not opting for the Max Recline. Once I load the family up, we would be left with only about 750 lbs of payload for our excursions. Ouch!
The block heater probably weighs 1/3 lb. As DaHealy mentioned this build is not much different than a luxury SUV. If you are truly looking to gain payload the Lariat does give more flexibility in eliminating weight .

OP
OP
melthon

melthon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT BAP Carbonized Grey (Fully Loaded) 3.5
I thought I read somewhere on this forum that the Max Tow package is not available on the Limited due to the suspension being more tuned to be more "road friendly".
This picture is of a platinum. You are correct on it not being available on the limited.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The block heater probably weighs 1/3 lb. As DaHealy mentioned this build is not much different than a luxury SUV. If you are truly looking to gain payload the Lariat does give more flexibility in eliminating weight .
I am really drawn to the Platinum. I don't use the truck for a lot of heavy work. I will need to take into consideration adding a tonneau or fiberglass cap in the future, however. My Tacoma Limited is rated at 1,000lbs (930lbs w/the tonneau). It is disappointing to move up to a full-size and gain only 251lbs of payload. That is, of course, partly my fault, as I want all the bells and whistles including the hybrid powertrain. If there is going to be any significant weight, it is going to be on a trailer.

Funnier to me, my wife's Acura MDX has a weight rating of 1,173lbs. She is the current cargo Queen in our home, it seems. Certainly bests my truck and my Jeep.

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
This is really disappointing payload... Is it possible to get an idea of how the vehicle is optioned? I know @DaHealey says that he looked it up but not sure how - as the owner is not listed anywhere (guessing this is a demo vehicle).

I am looking for exactly this type of vehicle but given the payload - I am dropping:
  • Moonroof - have not been interested in it anyway - hope they weigh 200 lbs :)
  • FX4 for 4x4
  • Spray in bedliner to go without a bed liner
  • Go without tonneau
But, I will need to add the tow mirrors. The above changes will save some weight but starting at 1251 lbs is quite a hole!
Sponsored