Fuel door open warning

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
The past two times I have filled up I received a warning that my fuel door was open when in fact it was closed and locked. In both instances I simply pulled over, shutoff the truck, popped open the door, and then closed it again. The second time was today and I was sure to open the door fully and to close it fully by pushing the door past flush until it bottomed out (not a lot of force).

Anyone seen this before?
Sponsored

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
In time it won't close at all and you will get an engine light. Well know problem with the PB. Got it fixed under warranty but I always carry this.

Ford F-150 Fuel door open warning billet+fuel+door+pin+megaohm+motorsports

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I have noticed, of I pop open the fuel door right before, or after the truck is turned off, I get the pop-up again after I start the truck. This happens even if I dismissed the notice in the IPC before restarting. I believe you get a different warning other than "fuel door open" if it is actually open and you start driving from the one time that happened to me.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
The past two times I have filled up I received a warning that my fuel door was open when in fact it was closed and locked. In both instances I simply pulled over, shutoff the truck, popped open the door, and then closed it again. The second time was today and I was sure to open the door fully and to close it fully by pushing the door past flush until it bottomed out (not a lot of force).

Anyone seen this before?
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this fuel door concern. Thanks!
Sponsored