Sponsored

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
Good question. I ask that tomorrow when I take mine in for the update.
Wait, what? After all the press re: OTA updates, you still have to take the vehicle in for a programming update? Makes me wonder if the recall doesn't also have a hardware component.
Sponsored

LuisCarrillo91

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
My dealer did an update on mine while they were doing the lift kit. They said it was a module.
They did my update yesterday too but the notification is still there. They told me it was going to away in a week or so. Does yours still still show on your app?

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
the alert just showed up on mine today as well.

I have had minor issues with the 2 middle gauges changing after I set them and the MyView options were resetting after I set them. Not sure if that is the issue they are trying to address or not.

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
They did my update yesterday too but the notification is still there. They told me it was going to away in a week or so. Does yours still still show on your app?
NO, the only recall has to do with doors freezing shut.

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
the alert just showed up on mine today as well.

I have had minor issues with the 2 middle gauges changing after I set them and the MyView options were resetting after I set them. Not sure if that is the issue they are trying to address or not.
I have that SAME issue. If it sits for longer than an hour, all my settings for the dash are reset, and I can't resume the drive mode.

Sponsored

OP
OP
snoshuu

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
I just returned from the dealership to have this update done.
It took only 15 minutes.

The only answers I could get were;
"Ford doesn't tell us specifics about the update"
"It is to fix glitches on your instrument display"
"It does appear to only effect certain trims and packages"
"Your instrument display settings will all reset back to factory default"
"Cannot be done over OTA"
"OTAs are only for navigation and other Sync 4 functionality"
"The app notification will eventually drop off once the paperwork from the shop is processed by Ford HQ"

I probably left something out, so please ask if you still have more questions.

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
That's interesting. Maybe the tuners won't get wiped out by updates. If OTA is just for Sync4 then it is just to sell map updates, ads and tracking you.

Chris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT FX4
I just received this notice as well. XLT 302A FX4 3.5L Eco. Had it for three weeks and at 1500 miles. Problems I’ve noticed so far 1) the myView resets itself once and awhile. 2) twice I have noticed when I lift off the gas completely around the 8th gear and it starts to slowly downshift... it feels like the engine shut off (but it didn’t). It sort of has a pretty significant THUMP and I thought I ran over something but it happened twice. It’s the same feeling as if you run out of gas driving and the engine shuts off. It’s pretty apparent. 3) Paint - I have rapid red. If you take a close look at the A Pillar and other areas they really could have done a better job. Got some drip marks.

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
21B06 is Instrument Cluster Module Software Update -

read the reason in the attached .pdf - it's pretty amusing

Attachments

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
21B06 is Instrument Cluster Module Software Update -

read the reason in the attached .pdf - it's pretty amusing
Thanks for posting that. What a weird issue.

I’m glad my wife’s name isn’t nancy.

Sponsored

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I haven’t brought mine in yet for service.

This almost seems like it could be a fun game. Let’s see, there is a Nancy street in the area. I think I’ll program it in the Nav and get directions on the cluster and see if it resets.

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
The issue is even more amusing for a software developer! NaN is a common term in software development. It means "not a number" and implies that a routine expected a number as one of its operands, but got something else (text, null, etc). This happens fairly frequently during development.

It's likely that the engineers put in a quick and dirty fix to keep the display from simply crashing when it gets an invalid input, by resetting the module whenever it detects the text that indicates that processing encountered a "not a number" error. But then they neglected to implement a polished version of the error handler before shipping.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
The issue is even more amusing for a software developer! NaN is a common term in software development. It means "not a number" and implies that a routine expected a number as one of its operands, but got something else (text, null, etc). This happens fairly frequently during development.

It's likely that the engineers put in a quick and dirty fix to keep the display from simply crashing when it gets an invalid input, by resetting the module whenever it detects the text that indicates that processing encountered a "not a number" error. But then they neglected to implement a polished version of the error handler before shipping.
I’m going to blame it on COVID and the developers working from home.

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
As a HW developer, this is hilarious. Don't ask for directions to "Nan... Avenue"

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just confirmed. I searched for nancy Sinatra and played boots are made for walking. As soon as it popped up on the screen everything went black on the cluster and it rotated through the start up screen. lots of beeping and flashing. Warning popped up on Ford Pass that supplemental restraint fault.

I was safely parked in the driveway.
Sponsored