Sponsored

Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau?

MDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Is there a reason no one mentions the LEER HF650M?

I like that one. It is a 4-section unit, making each section shorter and the third light is visible when folded. It has propping rods and safety straps, and tool less removal. It also has a nice looking locking system that is not a cable system which they claim makes it harder to break in to.

But it seems no one has one - why?
I'm very happy with my Leer HF650M. I've used it partially open, fully open, and, of course, mostly closed. I've removed it a couple of times (easy removal, but lift w legs, not back!) to fit my ATV in the 5.5' bed. The only water I've gotten in the bed with it closed has been down the inside of the tailgate, which escapes out the bottom of the bed. I haven't seen a need to try for a better seal here. Good customer support from Leer!
Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Is "walking on it" what they mean when the specifications state, "500 lbs. of evenly distributed weight".
I think that's a bit of lawyering. The slats are powder coated cast aluminum (on the Pro), look like they can handle a lot more than 500 pounds. The issue might be the rollers or ball bearing spindles on the sides, but I've never had any issues there with lots of Retrax setups. I'm 205, have stood on it a few times, no deflection - really have no reason to get on there most times.

H-Town

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
Yup--that's the one I would choose as well. Expensive, but nice. But with a 5.5' bed, just too much intrusion. If you hypothetically had a 5.5' bed, would you still be okay with it?
Yes. I think I would.

Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
That looks ideal!... except the $ ~3200 roughly quote at local truck store.
I agree especially on the price thats why I want to see one in person. I have found them somewhat cheaper online but still expensive.

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
I'm really wanting to have some form of toolbox / retractable combo... Local place suggested mounting a custom length retractable sealed just behind the toolbox which they've done before but then you're taking up that much more bed. Still quoted ~2300 for that

DavidB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I have the 2021 Platinum powerboost f150. I added the trifold Lear flat top and it works great. You can open and close the tail gate. It doesn’t leak. It was easy to install.

Roadking71865

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
Sales
I have the 2021 Platinum powerboost f150. I added the trifold Lear flat top and it works great. You can open and close the tail gate. It doesn’t leak. It was easy to install.
How much space at the front of the bed do you loose when it's folded up? Also, how easy is it to remove? Looking at Leer or Lomax. Thanks

Sponsored

CaelebCandon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
I've been thinking of getting a Peragon cover, but I don't see many people talking about em. Is there something wrong with them?

Xylo133

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 3.5 Eco
I've been thinking of getting a Peragon cover, but I don't see many people talking about em. Is there something wrong with them?
I don't have one but I read somewhere and it seems to apply that you would have to leave some space in the bed (front) in order to initially push the cover down to get it to retract.

LA1401

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Lariat 502a Supercab
Occupation
government employee
I have one in the garage waiting on a truck to put it on. It seems like the perfect cover to me.
Sponsored