Sponsored

Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau?

adder1221

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Functionally and dimensionally the 2 covers are the same. The g2 is a composite core textured glossy finish, 3 yr warranty. The mx4 is aluminum panneled with a smoother still textured matte finish (much nicer look in my opinion) with a new 5yr warranty.

If interested in a cover feel free to shoot me a message for forum pricing.

Frank
Hello, Can you give me forum pricing on the BAK MX4 Folding Tonneau Cover 448339
Sponsored

dropp01

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 ford edge, 2020 edge ST, 2021 f-150 lariat
I got my Truxedo sentry CT (two days early) and installed it. Very easy and fast install ,looks good and I like the quality. Best part was the big discount for being a forum member.
Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG_0941
Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG_0942

saber8689

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
I just got delivery of my 2021 f150 limited power boost and have been deciding on a tonneau cover. I think I’ve decided on the leer hf650m for a 5.5ft bed.
Are there any dealers giving forum discounts for this?

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
I just got delivery of my 2021 f150 limited power boost and have been deciding on a tonneau cover. I think I’ve decided on the leer hf650m for a 5.5ft bed.
Are there any dealers giving forum discounts for this?
I decided on this one, ordered it last Tuesday, it came in on Friday, installed it Sunday. I got it from. https://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com - they have a 20% off coupon, but it wouldn't work, so I opened a web chat they said they are limited by how much they can discount from Leer, but gave me I believe 12% off.

Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG_8805

Bbass5

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
I decided on this one, ordered it last Tuesday, it came in on Friday, installed it Sunday. I got it from. https://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com - they have a 20% off coupon, but it wouldn't work, so I opened a web chat they said they are limited by how much they can discount from Leer, but gave me I believe 12% off.

IMG_8805.jpg
Nice! I ordered the Leer HF650 from auto accessories garage too! If you read their details on coupons, it’s says to call or chat with them for a deal. So I called them and got about the same percentage off.

They said it would take 1.5-2 weeks for shipping and it came in 3 days! Of course I tried to used this forum sponsors but they didn’t carry the Leer.

@nsbreeding - how Do you like your tonneau cover? I’m still waiting on my truck to be delivered so I’m curious to know your thoughts.

Sponsored

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Since I back my truck into the garage and cannot open the tailgate in the garage, I went with the Truxedo Deuce. It rolls up from the rear like most soft covers, but also has a lever that folds the cover back from the front of the bed and allows me to access the bed from inside of the garage.

So far it has been on two 250+ mile road trips with no issues. One of those was in the rain and kept our luggage nice and dry.

https://truxedo.com/deuce/2021/ford/f-150

Note that my 2nd choice was the Bakflip, and the best price I found was the forum discount at Stage3.

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
@nsbreeding - how Do you like your tonneau cover? I’m still waiting on my truck to be delivered so I’m curious to know your thoughts.
I installed it on Sunday, so far so good, ha! We did have some rain this week, I think the only water that go in was when I opened the tailgate. I have the power tailgate and it works fine. The install was easy, I think it took "us" an hour (I had a 14 and 12 year old helping so we went slower so they could read the directions with me, ha). I would think normally it would take 15 to 30 minutes (at most). There is an install video on Leer's site that is more detailed than the directions that came with it.

You should be close on delivery if yours shipped huh? I ordered mine in early March and due to the chip shortage didn't get it until labor day weekend (bought it from Granger).

Last edited:

Wade in TX

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Firefighter
I just installed the Bak X4s. Love it. Flush mount and super easy to operate. I really enjoy that when its fully rolled up, I can still see out of the rear window.

Voss

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PB Lariat
I just installed the Bak X4s. Love it. Flush mount and super easy to operate. I really enjoy that when its fully rolled up, I can still see out of the rear window.
Did you have any issues with install?
I just tried to install this on my '21 PB Lariat Screw 6'5" bed and the rails seem to be too long and the cover too narrow :(. All the videos I've watched make the install look super easy so I'm thinking they sent me the wrong parts.

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL on order 67 Dodge Coronet 440
Occupation
Retired
My favorite tonneuau by far was one that had bows that raised the soft roll up to give it sort of a rounded appearance when installed Only downside was in winter the shrinkage made it tight to hook the loop into the frame, but installing the bows after solved that. Wish they made it now, I like it better than the tri-folds and velcro roll up kinda give me the heebee jeebes on coming loose and flapping in the breeze when doing 80+ on the highway..

I'm not looking to store tools or equipment, just place for luggage or stuff from shopping since I'm just a lowly single cab buyer..

Sponsored

RapidRed5_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 SC F-150 XL Sport 4x4 5.0L - 2021 On Order
Truck is being delivered in the next week or two and I can't wait! I've been looking high and low as well. Pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on the FAS-TOP TRV package. Best of both worlds and looks slick with great reviews.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
Did you have any issues with install?
I just tried to install this on my '21 PB Lariat Screw 6'5" bed and the rails seem to be too long and the cover too narrow :(. All the videos I've watched make the install look super easy so I'm thinking they sent me the wrong parts.
I think you're probably right. I have the shorter bed but it fits exactly. I'm really happy with mine and you will be too.

One little tip that I got from someone on here, when the cover is sitting flush the seals on the outermost corners might bind when the tailgate contacts them. Just give a spray of silicone lubricant and they will glide together perfectly.

RVSlav

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hold for F150 Lariat 2021... Order 24 march 2
Occupation
Retired
Here is my Cover Bed: Retrax Pro-XR and I installed a Back-Rack on the Pro-XR Rail
Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG-0289
Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG-0288
Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG-0285
Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG-0284
Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG-0286
Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG-0289
Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG-0288
Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG-0285
Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG-0284
Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG-0286

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I posted it in another thread, but here's a couple pics of my Yakima OverHaul rack and the separate ShowDown kayak loader system on the Ford OEM tonneau that is also sold as the Retrax XR. Great integrated system. I also have the low crossbars, but this gets the kayaks up above the cab. I mounted it in the lowest position because the kayak side loader system added enough height to put it over the cab. If used for something else like a ladder or lumber I would raise the bars.

Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG_0536

Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG_0538

Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG_0537

Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG_0539

Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? IMG_0541

Bettermoa

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150, 21 Accord, 72 Monte
Occupation
Operating Engineer
Ford F-150 Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau? 49AD43EA-AD85-4F6C-AABF-BD3FEBD08FC8
Having owned several tonneau covers from Bakflip, Extang 2.0 hard folding and the Hard roll up from extang as well, I now got the 350 Leer hard folding cover, should have got the 650 model it has 4 panels which still blocks window yet it’s more compact but let me just say, the fit and finish is far and above all other folding hard covers, very happy.
Sponsored