Sponsored

Frustrated With Tonneau Search...Perfect Tonneau?

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
yeah thats what I have, the HDX. I ended up stacking some discounts on mine and got about $250/$300 off or something like that. Improvements are nice, I guess short people can open the bed cover now too :LOL: mine seemed hard to open until I got the guide rails dialed in, now it folds up with a slight touch so I don't feel too bad about the updated version. I do like the no key part though. I think they got $100 more expensive too since I got mine.

Not blocking the rear window is still a win for me. If the other covers blocked the window but not the bed camera then that might have swayed me a little but blocking both at the same time just defeats the purpose. Even though nothing is going to fly out or come loose, bed camera is just a cool button to push when you have it.

Yeah, definitely a little pricey at $1600- but I believe I saw it for $1400 before these latest upgrades- and, like you said, pretty easy to get the $250 off- which would have put the old price at $1,150.....at $1,350 with the discount I'm not sure it's worth it.
Sponsored

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
Yeah, definitely a little pricey at $1600- but I believe I saw it for $1400 before these latest upgrades- and, like you said, pretty easy to get the $250 off- which would have put the old price at $1,150.....at $1,350 with the discount I'm not sure it's worth it.
To top it off, chase had a end of year promo to get people hooked on getting into debt so it was a trial run to do the payment plan with no interest/fee. I used it on my cover and set it to 12 months because why not? :LOL: i'm really living large now with my $104/mo payment

jokes aside, I don't think its a $1600 cover. I don't think it was a $1500 cover either but with the discount I think it took me down to $1249 from $1499. If I'm pushing $1600 (no discount) I'd just get a retrax at that point and live with the little bed space loss.

The x4s should kind of still be on the menu, I really liked the roll up style but the 2 things that set me off from it were people saying the inside lining which is like a thin felt or something would peel off.
And the other was how easy they were to break into. You can just pop the back corner with a crowbar and pull the release cable to open the rest of it.

The peragon I don't think much would come from trying to pop the back corner up since it doesnt move like that, plus its bolted to the rail. The only way I think you could get in would be to use a hole saw or something by the lock then reach in and move the locking bar yourself. I don't think thats a realistic approach so I guess I'm good.

Not blocking the window/camera is on both of our radars so that doesn't leave much essentially.
1). hard roll up
2). peragon folding into the bed
3). retractable

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
To top it off, chase had a end of year promo to get people hooked on getting into debt so it was a trial run to do the payment plan with no interest/fee. I used it on my cover and set it to 12 months because why not? :LOL: i'm really living large now with my $104/mo payment

jokes aside, I don't think its a $1600 cover. I don't think it was a $1500 cover either but with the discount I think it took me down to $1249 from $1499. If I'm pushing $1600 (no discount) I'd just get a retrax at that point and live with the little bed space loss.

The x4s should kind of still be on the menu, I really liked the roll up style but the 2 things that set me off from it were people saying the inside lining which is like a thin felt or something would peel off.
And the other was how easy they were to break into. You can just pop the back corner with a crowbar and pull the release cable to open the rest of it.

The peragon I don't think much would come from trying to pop the back corner up since it doesnt move like that, plus its bolted to the rail. The only way I think you could get in would be to use a hole saw or something by the lock then reach in and move the locking bar yourself. I don't think thats a realistic approach so I guess I'm good.

Not blocking the window/camera is on both of our radars so that doesn't leave much essentially.
1). hard roll up
2). peragon folding into the bed
3). retractable
Yep. I think the LEER 650(?)- with its 4 smaller panels, folds up just under the camera (but blocks the window)- and at ~$1100 seemed like a decent deal- but then I got scared off as I saw several reviews where folks had leaking between the panels- even in light rain. Yikes.

Jafo2317

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Carbonized F150 / 2021 Aztec Ranger
Occupation
N/A
I'll try to get you some measurements ASAP.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
I was just about to pull the trigger on an X4s or Sentry BUT I realized since I have the Ford bed extender, pretty sure it won't flip up and over to extend with the tonneau rails.

I use the bed extender so those covers are out, unfortunately.

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
I went with a bison tonneau cover. Canadian company out of Toronto.

Really good quality, holds up really well after a year of use and about half the price of a backflip.

https://bisontonneaucovers.com/collections/ford/products/ford-f150-flip-back-tri-fold-tonneau-cover

20211030_113206.jpg

20211030_113152.jpg

20211030_112154.jpg
I just ordered one of these to replace my beaten up Extang trifold. One of my staff runs one on his truck. Took a look at it, a little thinner than my Extang and previous Bakflip but does look like a good purchase at a fair price. I haven't gotten around to going over to Mississauga to pick up plus they have free installation which saves me the hassle.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP