Williamsrm

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
Thank's everyone for your reply.
Regardless of current issues, there is no reason why a company like Ford, can't address a customer's request for an answer why this standard 4x2 configured truck ( 4x4 is an upgraded option) is taken a back seat to others recently ordered when mine was ordered almost 4 months ago with no build date insight.
Surely someone at Ford has some idea of where this order falls in the production process, or maybe they just don't care.
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
We get absolutely no credit for "time served" waiting or the order in which the orders were placed. Same at the plants for production to shipping. They simply sit randomly, while others get loaded onto trains right away. Folks that ordered in January are taking delivery ahead of us that ordered in fall/summer.

Go here: https://www.f150forum.com/f129/who-...1-post-here-tracking-begains-482201/index148/

Ask Pioneer nicely and paste your VIN. He will look up the Ford employee view with detailed history for you. He is a godsend.
I’ve tried reaching out to Pioneer on the other forum. Why can’t I private message him?

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Don't private message him but just reply to the thread with your VIN
You can also try rathbunr5. He has been really helpful, as well. I believe he is a Sales Manager at a NE Ford store. I private messaged with him earlier this week, super nice and very willing to help.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Williamsrm

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
You can also try rathbunr5. He has been really helpful, as well. I believe he is a Sales Manager at a NE Ford store. I private messaged with him earlier this week, super nice and very willing to help.
Thanks, I will try.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
It would be great is FIFO was obtainable, but in today's 'shortage' environment it just isn't. I oversaw production for a commercial dish machine company for about 4 years. Machine's were made to order, but were highly dependent on parts availability. We didn't control parts manufacturing, so even our best demand planning left us having to build machine's as parts became available (out of order). Because @Williamsrm has such a straight forward build, with less options than what I ordered, the only x-factor is that I have a 4x4 and he has a 4x2. There has to be an unannounced vendor issue with that platform.
Agreed that 4x2 is a unicorn. I loved my 4x2 but they are so rare! That has got to be the critical path.

Congrats on yours though! You've been around scouting forever even before ordering, and are an honorary member of the OG club.

OP
OP

Williamsrm

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
Agreed that 4x2 is a unicorn. I loved my 4x2 but they are so rare! That has got to be the critical path.

Congrats on yours though! You've been around scouting forever even before ordering, and are an honorary member of the OG club.
Agreed - Why pay for something you would never use(4x4)
I live in Texas, never off-road, or see ice or snow.

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Thanks! I am very excited to get the truck. I'm no Currybob (lol), but I have been trying to learn/share with the forum as best I can. Even though I didn't have a early order, it has still been a long wait since summer to see trucks in dealerships and in driveways, including mine. Thanks for all your insight and passion for the forum.

rd50078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited & 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired Corporate Sales Manager, part-time farmer, rancher & golfer.
Your sales manager can contact his Ford Field or Regional Manager and they can track the status with Corporate. I've had a Limited on order (less sleeper seat & spray in bed liner) since July 31. The truck has been in (In Production) mode for two months and the Tracker states to be dealer delivered on February 24th which has passed. The system keeps pushing it out. It doesn't even indicate that it is even built or shipped yet. The dealer delivery date has stayed the same but it now says to be delivered in 3 days as of today. I asked the sales manager yesterday to call his Ford field rep and he found out from Dearborn that my truck has not been gate released yet. It is still waiting on rail shipping. He hopes to have an update in the next few days for me. Don't put much faith in the Ford Tracker system.

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Your sales manager can contact his Ford Field or Regional Manager and they can track the status with Corporate. I've had a Limited on order (less sleeper seat & spray in bed liner) since July 31. The truck has been in (In Production) mode for two months and the Tracker states to be dealer delivered on February 24th which has passed. The system keeps pushing it out. It doesn't even indicate that it is even built or shipped yet. The dealer delivery date has stayed the same but it now says to be delivered in 3 days as of today. I asked the sales manager yesterday to call his Ford field rep and he found out from Dearborn that my truck has not been gate released yet. It is still waiting on rail shipping. He hopes to have an update in the next few days for me. Don't put much faith in the Ford Tracker system.
Any updates on your truck? Any word on why it’s been stuck in production for so long?

rd50078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited & 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired Corporate Sales Manager, part-time farmer, rancher & golfer.
Any updates on your truck? Any word on why it’s been stuck in production for so long?
None. The dealer can't even get his Regional Manager to give him an answer. My dealer ETA has moved up every day over the past few weeks. From it's original ETA of zero, it is now at 18 days. I'ts still sitting In Production. It's been there since late December. Nothing else I can do but wait.

OP
OP

Williamsrm

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
So I have just seen that the truck is finally scheduled for production this week and an estimated time to the dealer of 40 more days.
It will be well over 5 months from the time of ordering in November.
Would not have ordered if I knew it would take this long.
Sponsored