Sponsored

Front windows won't work this morning?

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Driver and passenger windows won't respond to the door switches. Back doors windows worked fine. Tried turning off and turning on the truck a few times to reset. No difference. Did some googling but didn't see a similar issue. Any thoughts? 2022 F150 XLT approx 9,900 miles.
Sponsored

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Maybe a fuse. Also, have you tried the passenger side window using the switch on the front passenger side door?

Last edited:
Reactions: 780
OP
OP

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a fuse. Also, have you tried the passenger side window using the switch on the front passenger side door?
Just went to go try that. Decided just to try the driver side switch again.... and both front windows worked fine......

Ford F-150 Front windows won't work this morning? dog-confused

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Driver and passenger windows won't respond to the door switches. Back doors windows worked fine. Tried turning off and turning on the truck a few times to reset. No difference. Did some googling but didn't see a similar issue. Any thoughts? 2022 F150 XLT approx 9,900 miles.
Hello there. Can you send over a private message with your VIN and the name & location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into your truck's window performance on my end.

OP
OP

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hello there. Can you send over a private message with your VIN and the name & location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into your truck's window performance on my end.
Sent.

Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Don't waste your time with the "Ford Motor Company" generic reply. They'll call, then send you to another call. Then they'll tell you to take it to the dealer. Dealer won't be able to do anything unless they see the issue.

OP
OP

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Don't waste your time with the "Ford Motor Company" generic reply. They'll call, then send you to another call. Then they'll tell you to take it to the dealer. Dealer won't be able to do anything unless they see the issue.
They already replied and said they can't do anything because I'm in Canada.

But, the windows seems to be working again....

Ford F-150 Front windows won't work this morning? 200w

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
if you have a way, may check to see if any dtc’s were triggered that could shed some light. hope it stays fixed for ya.

OP
OP

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
if you have a way, may check to see if any dtc’s were triggered that could shed some light. hope it stays fixed for ya.
DTC's? What's that and how do I check if they were triggered?
I did remote start my truck with FordPass today. Not sure if that could have had anything to do with it.

Last edited:

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
DTC's? What's that and how do I check if they were triggered?
Diagnostic Trouble Code ;)

The easiest for you might be to stop by a dealer to read them. Or an auto parts store can let you borrow a scanner to plug into the Obdii port under the drivers side kick panel.

Highly recommended to purchase a low cost cable / tool to read from the system and make minor configuration changes if you are comfortable doing so.

There is a great reference thread at the top of this forum: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/for...n-fordpass-bluecruise-driving-aids-cameras.9/

Reactions: 780

Sponsored

OP
OP

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did it again this morning. Seems to be an issue when I remote start the truck with FordPass. If I use the fob to remote start, the front windows work.

D-Rock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 F150 FX4, 2022 F150 Tremor (in progress)
Did it again this morning. Seems to be an issue when I remote start the truck with FordPass. If I use the fob to remote start, the front windows work.
Just thought I'd chime in on this as I stumbled across this thread when my windows didn't work this morning.

Same situation as the OP, I use the remote start function of the Ford app to start my truck this morning. It'd probably been running for about 5 minutes and the windows were slightly frosted but not frozen. I got in the truck hit the engine start stop button ran my wipers to clear the windshield, then decided to run the driver and passenger side windows up and down once just to clean the condensation off. But my windows wouldn't go up and down. I tried the back ones and they worked.

I did a quick internet search and found this thread, and I thought to myself, if it's got something to do with the Data bus that controls the front windows, maybe something else on the window switch can reset it. So I decided to try pressing the window safety switch...BUT because I was driving I accidentally pushed the mirror fold in switch. Well the mirrors didn't fold in, but when I tried my front windows they were now working. After checking the windows down and then up, I press the mirror folding button again in the mirrors folded in. I unfolded the mirrors in the windows were still working.

So if this happens to you, try pressing your mirror fold button and see if that fixes it. Got to love the digital age in our trucks.

OP
OP

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just thought I'd chime in on this as I stumbled across this thread when my windows didn't work this morning.

Same situation as the OP, I use the remote start function of the Ford app to start my truck this morning. It'd probably been running for about 5 minutes and the windows were slightly frosted but not frozen. I got in the truck hit the engine start stop button ran my wipers to clear the windshield, then decided to run the driver and passenger side windows up and down once just to clean the condensation off. But my windows wouldn't go up and down. I tried the back ones and they worked.

I did a quick internet search and found this thread, and I thought to myself, if it's got something to do with the Data bus that controls the front windows, maybe something else on the window switch can reset it. So I decided to try pressing the window safety switch...BUT because I was driving I accidentally pushed the mirror fold in switch. Well the mirrors didn't fold in, but when I tried my front windows they were now working. After checking the windows down and then up, I press the mirror folding button again in the mirrors folded in. I unfolded the mirrors in the windows were still working.

So if this happens to you, try pressing your mirror fold button and see if that fixes it. Got to love the digital age in our trucks.
Thank you for the tip. But, my truck doesn't have power folding mirrors (XLT)
Maybe hitting the mirrors would work though?

Currently waiting for a fix / parts to be available for a recall. Once they have the parts, I'll ask them to look into it (Although recently it hasn't happened again)

Also need them to figure out why my tail lamp indicators for the onboard scales aren't working and need them to turn off trailer routing in Sync Nav. (Trial expired)

Greyford

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
My 2022 Platinum does same thing after remote start, and I have been folding the mirrors to get front windows working again.
It seems to have started after 2nd last update

AHenry014

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
A friend of mine with a '23 STX had this happen. He must have found this thread as he found some rumbling of folks linking the cause to starting the truck with fordpass. With an STX, he doesnt have the remote start button on his physical key, so he has no choice but to use that app, whereas I only ever use the fob to remote start my truck.

Ill keep an eye on this thread for him.
Sponsored