First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX 2.7L 4x4
Occupation
Construction Management
Around 3-4 months ago I had upgraded my halogen bulbs to LED including my turn signals. I had done this mod before on other trucks and vehicles and the process is the same... splice in a led load resistor to prevent hyper flash, install the new bulb, and done. However, after a few months after properly installing these new LEDs, I went to unlock my truck and the little flash that the turn signals perform only worked on the one side. I then went to check my four-way flashers and low and behold, the turn signal doesn't work on the driver's side, however, the parking lights function properly along with the turn signal indicator on the dash, no hyper flash. I have experience with properly wiring and mounting diodes and resistors on vehicles but when I went to check myself, nothing looked out of the ordinary. The interesting part, however, is the turn signal works intermittently, where one day they work perfectly fine on the driver's side, and the next day, they don't. After going out of my way to check with a multimeter for grounds and voltage with the turn signal on, replacing the LEDs with the old bulbs which also show intermittence, remounting my resistor to another location, and swapping LEDs from side to side, I have hit a standstill. I understand that in these newer vehicles, the turn signal module is controlled within the computer rather than a physical relay so that rules out another option. My guess is it could be the load resistor crapped out due to heat or bad quality. Before I go out and order perhaps a higher quality LED even though these have and are working normally, I thought I'd share my issue with the forums for an answer. Thanks and let me know if you have the same issue or a fix!
Sponsored

Kmslfd

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
Occupation
Firefighter
Hi AeroLogics, I have the same problem, can you tell me how you fixed it?

Thanks in advance, KMSLFD