First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
My new ‘22 Platinum is in transit to my dealer (being shipped). The only deletion according to the window sticker is park assist 2.0. Everything else is there(built in navigation, blue cruise etc).

My question is, will I still have front parking sensors now that they deleted the park assist 2.0?

The way I am understanding it, the park assist will help you to parallel park and perpendicular park, which I probably wouldn’t use much anyway. But I do hope it has the sensors up front still, to tell me how close I am to cars objects when parking.

If anybody knows if the front sensors will still be there, and functional regardless of the park assist 2.0 delete, I’d welcome any input.

Thanks in advance for any info Gentlemen.
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Do you have the 360 cameras or the Co-pilot Assist 2.0 (adaptive cruise)? I don’t have park assist and have the front parking sensors with those 2 options on my 21 Lariat.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
This is the front end of a recent arrival KingRanch with every option available, but did have Park Assist delete.

Ford F-150 Front parking sensors. 20220428_183058

OP
OP

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Do you have the 360 cameras or the Co-pilot Assist 2.0 (adaptive cruise)? I don’t have park assist and have the front parking sensors with those 2 options on my 21 Lariat.
Yes, I do have the 360 camera, and I have the Co-pilot Active 2.0, and Blue Cruise. I ordered it with almost every option accept the moonroof(I’m not a fan of moonroofs).

So it looks like I should have the front sensors too…as you do. Thank you dhrandy.

OP
OP

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
This is the front end of a recent arrival KingRanch with every option available, but did have Park Assist delete.

20220428_183058.jpg
Ok great, I see that it has the front sensors. I was worried if they deleted the park
Assist as it says, that the parking sensors would be gone. But it looks that’s not the case. Thanks for the pic and reply Snakebitten, appreciate it.

I have a ‘19 King Ranch now, fabulous truck, and I optioned it out with all the tech four years ago when I ordered that. But one thing I did miss when I went from a Denali to my F150 was the front parking sensors. So I was glad to hear that Ford was adding them in 2021.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

20220428_183058.jpg
You don’t have park assist?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
According to the sticker, deleted with a credit$

Honestly, I have no idea what "chip" is missing, because I got EVERYTHING else.

20220414_192656.jpg
That’s why I’m like WTH? You have the outer sensors and all. Do you have the park assist button above the screen?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s why I’m like WTH? You have the outer sensors and all. Do you have the park assist button above the screen?
I do not
I figured sooner or later YOU would actually discover exactly what the Park Assist Delete actually is. Or was. Of course Ford could possibly use the same terminology and yet it not be the same exact removal of components/software? But like you seem to wonder, as well as I, it's difficult to know what my truck is actually missing.

Bluecruise, Accident prevention, pedestrian alert, adaptive cruise, every camera and the necessary modules for all those features. And then of course the 6 front bumper sensors.
I'm surprised the discount is $365
What's missing that Ford considers is worth that much considering the value$ they have been placing on some of the other deletes?

Just so you know, I am thrilled that I got a 4/11/2022 build that never got bumped, no chip-hold, and shipped almost immediately. Less than 72 hours.

Anyways, no hurry for an explanation. It'll make sense to someone like you at some point. Heck, it might even be an easy add-in and I'll get the last laugh. :)

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I do not
I figured sooner or later YOU would actually discover exactly what the Park Assist Delete actually is. Or was. Of course Ford could possibly use the same terminology and yet it not be the same exact removal of components/software? But like you seem to wonder, as well as I, it's difficult to know what my truck is actually missing.

Bluecruise, Accident prevention, pedestrian alert, adaptive cruise, every camera and the necessary modules for all those features. And then of course the 6 front bumper sensors.
What's missing that Ford considers is worth that much considering the value$ they have been placing on some of the other deletes?

Just so you know, I am thrilled that I got a 4/11/2022 build that never got bumped, no chip-hold, and shipped almost immediately. Less than 72 hours.

Anyways, no hurry for an explanation. It'll make sense to someone like you at some point. Heck, it might even be an easy add-in and I'll get the last laugh. :)
That is really crazy. You have the outer sensors. If those are sensors I bet we could make that work pretty easy. I am going to look at your vin agian. see what your programming looks like.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That is really crazy. You have the outer sensors. If those are sensors I bet we could make that work pretty easy. I am going to look at your vin agian. see what your programming looks like.
That's just like you Jesse. You HAVE to know and make sense of things. It's how YOU are wired. Lol

It's a gift!

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Be careful with that. There was a glitch in the Lariat packages in 2021. I have 360 cameras, co-pilot assist and package 502a and do NOT have front sensors. Kinda pissed me off because lower Lariat packages (500a and 501a) did have front sensors.

I don’t know if that glitch carried forward to later models.

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
I do not

I wonder if you compared my modules to yours you might be able to uncover something because I have everything, too, including the active park assist; though mine is a Lariat 502A. As I mentioned on the PowerBoost thread on the F150EcoBoost forum, my bet is there is a dedicated microcontroller module that manages all of the sensor inputs to control the steering, brakes and throttle to manage parking the truck. There has to be a good deal of software and memory needed to manage that complex a function. Plus, it needs to be able to distinguish between parallel parking and vertical parking on either side of the vehicle.

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's a good idea RossRR

I'll take a look

Yours is first. (39 modules listed)
Mine is second (41 listed)

Ford F-150 Front parking sensors. Screenshot_20220612-141426_Gallery

Ford F-150 Front parking sensors. KingIsBackJune112022.PNG

Last edited:

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Thats funny. Do you also have the 2 side sensors on the rear bumper? BTW, Great looking truck! @Snakebitten
Sponsored