Sponsored

Front end floatiness

TRSCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Went from a 2018 Lariat FX4 to a 2021 XLT sport 4x4 and I've noticed the front end feels a lot more floaty and unsettled on the highway compared to the last truck. It seems like its almost always moving compared to the 2018. The last truck was a diesel crew cab short box on 20" wheels and regular tow package and the new one a 3.5eb crew cab 6.5' bed on 18's with the max tow package.

Anyone else notice the front end riding a bit too soft?
Sponsored

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Maybe check the tire pressure? Often from the factory it's set way high for transport and sitting on a dealer lot. It's supposed to be lowered to door jam spec's during prep but sometimes it's overlooked.

OP
OP

TRSCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Maybe check the tire pressure? Often from the factory it's set way high for transport and sitting on a dealer lot. It's supposed to be lowered to door jam spec's during prep but sometimes it's overlooked.
They are set at 37psi and the truck calls for 35. I regularly ran even higher pressure in the other truck for better highway MPG without any issues though.

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Front shocks are soft and floaty. No doubt about it, but the 2016 I bought a few years back had the bunny hop issue in the rear end, and almost caused me to have an accident when it hopped out of my lane into the next. Scared the bejezuz out of me and caused me to immediately buy aftermarket Fox shocks for the rear to resolve that issue. This truck is miles better than that one, but I do get the floaty part and it is annoying, but not uncomfortable nor dangerous IMO.

Gen14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Went from a 2018 Lariat FX4 to a 2021 XLT sport 4x4 and I've noticed the front end feels a lot more floaty and unsettled on the highway compared to the last truck. It seems like its almost always moving compared to the 2018. The last truck was a diesel crew cab short box on 20" wheels and regular tow package and the new one a 3.5eb crew cab 6.5' bed on 18's with the max tow package.

Anyone else notice the front end riding a bit too soft?
I agree 100%, I came from an 18 and it was super solid even cruising at 80+ down the interstate. My 21 wanders a bit and almost feels wobbly (boat like). Way too soft.

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I literally can't wait to get rid of my wrangler because of how floaty/shitty the steering feels. Hope the f150 isnt the same
Sponsored