Sponsored

Front door panel / window creaking / rattling (Updated w/ Fix)

KDK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Can I ask if anyone has a rattle at the back center window when turning the volume up a bit? If I open it, it goes away...
It's annoying

Literally two posts down from me is the thread. Sorry!
Sponsored

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
I know. I’m OCD as F about rattles. Lol
Glad I'm not the only one, my family makes me feel like I am crazy. My wife will leave stuff in the side door pockets that will slide forward and backwards every time I take off and break and I want to jump out the driver's door when I hear it, or contort myself to reach over there and grab it while I'm driving down the road.

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
Happy I found this thread. I've been hearing this squeak rub rattle annoying af sound coming from my passenger side dash area. Saw this thread and shortly after got in my truck to go to town and it started again. Got my wife to push against the triangular cover on passenger door and what do ya know its gone. So now ordering that fabric type tape shown earlier in this post to put on there ... ready for a squeak free rife in my new truck.

OP
OP

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
There never was a TSB on this issue. Does anyone know if they updated the design for post-21 trucks? I was the OP of this thread and the noise never returned after my fix. The truck is only 7 days from being three years old. I'm still shock it has been that long already. It seems like almost yesterday I was performing this fix....

GypsyDanger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT
Occupation
Electrician
Just want to say I Tried this today, couldn't find my felt tape but figured id take a look. MY cover came off....violently but fully intact. All i did was tighten up the 7mm about 1/2-3/4 turn and it made a HUUGGEE difference! I ordered tape in case I find more but I'm pretty happy with it as it is. Thanks a ton for the info!
Sponsored