First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum PB, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Aviation
Talked to my dealer on Friday about adding adaptive steering because I had read that was a potential hold up for production. I have a 22' Platinum PB with BAP ordered 11/9/21. He told me that my priority code had been changed from 19 to 1 and that they could not change the order. They had no VIN yet. Is there a general amount of time for production once you get priority 1? Just trying to figure out what to expect. Attached my order below.

Ford F-150 From Priority 19 to Priority 1 22' Platinum PB W/BAP IMG_6304
Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
My first question would be why was the priority changed? Not that anyone would complain about a priority 1, but these days it doesn't seem to matter much.

And if there is not VIN assigned, you should absolutely be able to make changes.

bgator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum
Priority 1 is great, but if they don't have the parts to build the truck then it's not going to help. From what I've read and other experience it's likely the BAP that's holding up your build. Might be the AS too.

Platinums also generally take longer to schedule, but if you're at priority 1 and not getting scheduled then it's probably a safe assumption that it's some option holding up your build.

When I was at priority 2, I had my dealer change my order. It can be done but they had to jump through a couple hoops.

xcntrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost
Adding some info for comparison here; ordered 10/22/2021 Platinum Powerboost with BAP. Got VIN and build date of 3/07/2022. My dealer priority code is 10. Seems like materials are sparse but tricking in enough to get some orders scheduled.

OP
OP
Rex150

Rex150

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation
My first question would be why was the priority changed? Not that anyone would complain about a priority 1, but these days it doesn't seem to matter much.

And if there is not VIN assigned, you should absolutely be able to make changes.
I think my priority was changed because the 21' PB Lariat that I bought last year was a lemon. I am waiting on the ordered truck to arrive at which time I will surrender the lemon. I asked the Ford buy back people if they could change my priority code and so I am assuming that is how it happened.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rex150

Rex150

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation
Priority 1 is great, but if they don't have the parts to build the truck then it's not going to help. From what I've read and other experience it's likely the BAP that's holding up your build. Might be the AS too.

Platinums also generally take longer to schedule, but if you're at priority 1 and not getting scheduled then it's probably a safe assumption that it's some option holding up your build.

When I was at priority 2, I had my dealer change my order. It can be done but they had to jump through a couple hoops.
That is what I had heard as well. I am just hopeful that they are overestimating the time to build and the BAP will actually start to be built earlier.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
I think my priority was changed because the 21' PB Lariat that I bought last year was a lemon. I am waiting on the ordered truck to arrive at which time I will surrender the lemon. I asked the Ford buy back people if they could change my priority code and so I am assuming that is how it happened.
What made the 21' a Lemon?
Sponsored