Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don’t have one yet
Occupation
Only fans
Hello all!

Question about front parking sensors. I have them on my 2023 lariat but they don’t beep when I approach an obstacle. When in reverse the proximity visuals pop up in the screen the rear beeps but the front don’t. It’s detecting in the visual that an object is in front of me (had my brother stand in front of the truck while in reverse) but it doesn’t beep. The visual for the front is almost useless if I’m backing up. Need it to work when im moving forward as in when im parking.

No 360 camera just assist 2.0.

Ford F-150 Forward Sensing system IMG_1063
Sponsored

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
Why do you care what's in front of you when you're backing up? Are you concerned if you're reversing while turning and your front is coming close to an object? I will try this with my Lariat asap to see what mine does.

My guess is it's designed that way. I would think the front sensors would only beep when you're moving forward and coming close to an object. Try that to see if that does indeed work. It does for mine and pops up the camera. I know you don't have the 360 cameras but the audible warning should occur.

OP
OP
red5_0

red5_0

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don’t have one yet
Occupation
Only fans
Why do you care what's in front of you when you're backing up? Are you concerned if you're reversing while turning and your front is coming close to an object? I will try this with my Lariat asap to see what mine does.

My guess is it's designed that way. I would think the front sensors would only beep when you're moving forward and coming close to an object. Try that to see if that does indeed work. It does for mine and pops up the camera. I know you don't have the 360 cameras but the audible warning should occur.
so when I back up it lets me know if I am getting close to something to the side or upfront which is cool. But when I pull into my driveway it does nothing. I know I could back it in but I don’t want to do that. Pulling into the driveway is easier.

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
so when I back up it lets me know if I am getting close to something to the side or upfront which is cool. But when I pull into my driveway it does nothing. I know I could back it in but I don’t want to do that. Pulling into the driveway is easier.
Are you sure you're close enough? You have to get pretty darn close for the beeps (and camera, in my case) to start alerting.

OP
OP
red5_0

red5_0

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don’t have one yet
Occupation
Only fans
Are you sure you're close enough? You have to get pretty darn close for the beeps (and camera, in my case) to start alerting.
damn so it does work on cars not humans. Had to get within a foot and bam. Awesome thanks!

Sponsored

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Hello all!

Question about front parking sensors. I have them on my 2023 lariat but they don’t beep when I approach an obstacle. When in reverse the proximity visuals pop up in the screen the rear beeps but the front don’t. It’s detecting in the visual that an object is in front of me (had my brother stand in front of the truck while in reverse) but it doesn’t beep. The visual for the front is almost useless if I’m backing up. Need it to work when im moving forward as in when im parking.

No 360 camera just assist 2.0.

IMG_1063.jpeg
Mine alerts and the camera comes on as my driver front corner gets close to car in next space.
In addition to that, there's a setting I found where the camera's come on and stay on for a little longer when I'm using reverse, which is a big help switching back and forth between forward and reverse while parking. You'll find it on settings in SNYC screen...

OP
OP
red5_0

red5_0

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don’t have one yet
Occupation
Only fans
I
Mine alerts and the camera comes on as my driver front corner gets close to car in next space.
In addition to that, there's a setting I found where the camera's come on and stay on for a little longer when I'm using reverse, which is a big help switching back and forth between forward and reverse while parking. You'll find it on settings in SNYC screen...
don’t have a camera.

Aim64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Limited Ordered 2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Scrap Metal Industry
My 21 Platty front sensors activate the 360 camera when close to sn object
Sponsored