Forscan, warranty claims, and you.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
For what it's worth, I updated my Job1 2021 from about the 1.7.1 all the way to current with 2 Forscan edits in place..... Double honk and Digital Temps.

I didn't face any difficulties with those 2 specifically. Still, I wasn't handing it to a dealership. If I were to, I would have reverted to oem just to take the issue off the table.

They are very likely to face obstacles. I don't want it in the back of their mind that something the customer did is creating the difficulty.
Sponsored

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Network Eng
I know that enabling the extra menus on the IPC and possibly one other setting threw a few errors post update about a drive control fault service required message, but reverting those changes cleared the message ( there was not a visable dtc in forscan or FDRS )

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
glare free. is indicated by teh green A my truck has that now . i could not find a direct quote in manual to indicate glare free or otherwise only the brights are set to AUTO which i loved in the superduty in the woods, so far i haven't driven at night yet in the 150.

OP
OP
apMechorse

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
glare free. is indicated by teh green A my truck has that now . i could not find a direct quote in manual to indicate glare free or otherwise only the brights are set to AUTO which i loved in the superduty in the woods, so far i haven't driven at night yet in the 150.
I stand corrected. I just reverted my truck back to AsBuilt last night and noticed before I changed it back that there was in fact an "A" inside the green headlight icon. Either way, still different than the regular white headlight icon.

I LOVE the glare-free headlight option. It's such a startling difference going back to the auto-high beam option. I can't wait to reenable it again.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
where was the code change for the glare free enable?
i may have to try it for tonight

Sponsored

OP
OP
apMechorse

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician

Ries

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Supercrew 5L
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer & Category Buyer
I find this entire thread interesting. I just bought the bed lights and the adapter to hook up Forscan to enable them on my 22’. I was curious about the warranty aspect.

I have a ‘18 Audi S6 that I do all of my own maintenance on. They flagged it as “TD1” meaning there was a software modification, which is true as I have to overwrite the display module to reset their “inspection due” warning. However, the TD1 flag voids my powertrain warranty because they can tell the software had been adjusted by someone other than the dealer. They can’t pin point or tell me what was done, just that it had been modified.

That said, I figured Ford likely had something similar.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Data dump? No such a thing. These guys are so full of shit.

Any forscan changes will migrate to the ford servers eventually anyways.

Data dump. WTF

After thinking maybe you misunderstood and he told you he needed to take a dump
Sponsored

Last edited: