Sponsored

Forscan to enable engine and transmission temperature on digital gauge cluster?

fg3

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Does anyone know if you can use FORScan to display the actual coolant and transmission temps in along with the digital gauges?

I loved having that info on my 2018 and miss it on my 2021!

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

fg3

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got it done. Started playing with Forscan today and disabled the double honk upon exit with engine running and enabled the Engine and Transmission temp display. See pic below for the temp display in the gauge cluster. Next up will be recalibrating the speedo after I get my Falcon shocks/level and new tires on this Friday.

This thread 'over there' has all the info you need: FORScan - 14th Gen F150s - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

So glad to have made these couple tweaks!

Ford F-150 Forscan to enable engine and transmission temperature on digital gauge cluster? IMG_0400

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
I got it done. Started playing with Forscan today and disabled the double honk upon exit with engine running and enabled the Engine and Transmission temp display. See pic below for the temp display in the gauge cluster. Next up will be recalibrating the speedo after I get my Falcon shocks/level and new tires on this Friday.

This thread 'over there' has all the info you need: FORScan - 14th Gen F150s - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

IMG_0400.jpeg
I tried doing this today, but for some reason I always get a service interrupt error when trying to modify the IPC module. BCM and a couple others work just fine, but IPC won't take changes for some reason. I ordered a new cable, hopefully that's the issue.

OP
OP

fg3

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I tried doing this today, but for some reason I always get a service interrupt error when trying to modify the IPC module. BCM and a couple others work just fine, but IPC won't take changes for some reason. I ordered a new cable, hopefully that's the issue.
I had a knockoff cable that I used on my 2015 and 2018 and it was frustrating. I ordered this one from Amazon to use with my 2021: Amazon.com: OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter: Automotive and it's been a much nicer experience.

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner

IMG_0400.jpeg
Thanks for the info!
any idea if the Forscan can DELETE and/or Turn off Interior Motion Detectors for the alarm.
(I have selected Motion Detectors off... I still get asked the question every time...as that is only good for 1 key cycle... ) I take my dogs everywhere and this is a pain for me :)

Also, any idea if the Forscan can have Headlights come on (during daylight) when windshield wipers are activated, (Like my 2014 F150 did )

I have a lariat 502a, Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP

fg3

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Look at all the tabs in the spreadsheet in the link I provided above. There are tons of configuration options, but it might take some digging and deciphering to find what you are looking for.

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the info!
any idea if the Forscan can DELETE and/or Turn off Interior Motion Detectors for the alarm.
(I have selected Motion Detectors off... I still get asked the question every time...as that is only good for 1 key cycle... ) I take my dogs everywhere and this is a pain for me :)

Also, any idea if the Forscan can have Headlights come on (during daylight) when windshield wipers are activated, (Like my 2014 F150 did )

I have a lariat 502a, Thanks
Not sure on the motion sensors, but I do know that the headlights will turn on automatically when using rain sensing or intermittent settings. It takes a minute or two for them to come on, but they'll come on.

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
Occupation
Biz Owner

IMG_0400.jpeg
FG3 I got the Forscan out and easily found the, Double Honk when exiting, and DISABLED HORN Honk on Panic. all good there. We looked at links you provided... holy crap!

But, We looked and looked and can not find TEMP for COOLANT/ENGINE and TEMP For TRANSMISSION...
Do you have any more INFO for TEMP Display ?

OP
OP

fg3

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG3 I got the Forscan out and easily found the, Double Honk when exiting, and DISABLED HORN Honk on Panic. all good there. We looked at links you provided... holy crap!

But, We looked and looked and can not find TEMP for COOLANT/ENGINE and TEMP For TRANSMISSION...
Do you have any more INFO for TEMP Display ?
IPC Module - I think I set it to value 5 - Both always on.

Ford F-150 Forscan to enable engine and transmission temperature on digital gauge cluster? Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 5.34.16 PM

Sponsored

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
Occupation
Biz Owner
IPC Module - I think I set it to value 5 - Both always on.

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 5.34.16 PM.png
FG3, Thank you. I now have temps for engine and transmission!

I didn't want to mess with my ACM Module.
QUESTION: Any idea if I can disable engine sounds thru the audio system?.

QUESTION 2 Can I Enable HEADLIGHTS when WIPERS are activated. It does not work like my 14 F150 did.
I have waited forever on my '21 and headlights never come on with wipers.

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG3, Thank you. I now have temps for engine and transmission!

I didn't want to mess with my ACM Module.
QUESTION: Any idea if I can disable engine sounds thru the audio system?.

QUESTION 2 Can I Enable HEADLIGHTS when WIPERS are activated. It does not work like my 14 F150 did.
I have waited forever on my '21 and headlights never come on with wipers.
Any time I use my wipers in rain sensing or intermittent mode, the headlights always come on. It takes a minute or two, but they always turn on... I know it's a law where I live, maybe it's programmed differently based on where the truck is sold?

uga40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT, 3.5L Ecoboost
Has anyone tried to enable the digital temps on a XLT with the traditional speedometer and RPM gauges?

Chewza

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 AMB Plat PB
Has anyone tried to enable the digital temps on a XLT with the traditional speedometer and RPM gauges?
The dash that isn't all digital is weird in that it doesn't have a programmable eeprom. They are working on it, but the ability to add a bunch of functionality that's currently available on the all digital models is limited at the moment.

Carbonized5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A FX4 6.5FT BED 5.0L
The dash that isn't all digital is weird in that it doesn't have a programmable eeprom. They are working on it, but the ability to add a bunch of functionality that's currently available on the all digital models is limited at the moment.
any update on the digital temps display in the XLT instrument cluster?
Sponsored