First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Business owner
Was able to get into the ipc module the other night and it had about 100 options to toggle and switch. I changed a few options nothing major. Wrote the file and everything was fine. Woke up the next morning and a few different codes were lighting up the dash. Went back into ipc module and all options were gone.
Any Forscan techs out there that can shed light on updates and what not? I know its going to take some time....
Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I can’t help you with your request, but will warn you I learned today that forscan changes to the IPC broke an OTA update that I installed via FDRS. I had to manually undo my forscan changes to get the OTA to finish.

blackhawkrider

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F-150 PowerBoost
I can’t help you with your request, but will warn you I learned today that forscan changes to the IPC broke an OTA update that I installed via FDRS. I had to manually undo my forscan changes to get the OTA to finish.
Are saying that OTA updates affecting the IPC may need to have ForScan changes reverted back to the original for the OTA to complete? There was a year between the first post and yours and I'm curious if you're referring to the 2.4.X OTAs or something else.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Yes, there is suspicion that certain forscan changes to the IPC can cause the OTAs to lock up. I know I had several IPC changes, and when I updated the IPC via FDRS, it only loaded 1 out of 2 files, which resulted in the IPC being in an unknown state, and no more OTAs or FDRS updates could be applied. We had to side load the second file to get the IPC back to a known state so OTAs and FDRS updates could resume. I'm not the only one who has had the IPC halfway update, there have been about a dozen other F150s and at least one Mustang Mache E that I'm aware of.

Others with IPC changes have not had this issue, so we can't confirm for sure that the forscan changes were the issues, but so far no one has confirmed they had an update lock up with no forscan changes.
Sponsored