FORscan Houston?

ToddnTX

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Dodge Durango, 07 GMC Sierra. 2021 Ford F-150
Anyone willing do some FORscan work on my truck? I’m in the Houston area, and wouldn’t mind tossing you some cash.
Sponsored

johnatuckeriii

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew AMB
Hey there... I’ve done a couple of changes to my f150 via forscan and I’m just south of the woodlands. I would say forscan isn’t fully baked yet for our trucks but what were you wanting to do?

OP
OP
ToddnTX

ToddnTX

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Dodge Durango, 07 GMC Sierra. 2021 Ford F-150
Hey there... I’ve done a couple of changes to my f150 via forscan and I’m just south of the woodlands. I would say forscan isn’t fully baked yet for our trucks but what were you wanting to do?
mainly just remove chimes from seatbelt and remove double honk.

johnatuckeriii

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew AMB
I can tell you removing the belt minder chimes doesn’t work yet (at least I haven’t been able to disable them). I have been able to kill the double honk.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
mainly just remove chimes from seatbelt and remove double honk.
This is from another thread for seat belt chime. It works.

For those who can safely do away with both the icon on the dash and the warning beep, here's the process: (you must do every step, INCLUDING the emergency brake upon exit):

1) Set the emergency brake
2) Exit the truck
3) Wait a minute (my ad hoc recommendation)
4) Get in the truck, sitting on whatever seat you wish to disable the seatbelt nanny (maybe you have FIDO as a ridealong in the back seat) - do NOT touch any pedals
5) Press the start button (again without a foot on the brake pedal) to activate the ignition, or turn the key to on if you have an old style starter
6) Watch for the seat belt icon to go off. This will take up to one minute, but it will eventually turn off
7) When the seat belt icon turns off, insert the seat belt latch into the receiver three times in a row, ending with the seat belt unlatched. The seat belt icon should come on again.
8) Insert and remove the seat belt latch one more time. The seat belt icon will flash three times and go off permanently. No more seatbelt warning for that seat. Repeat for any other seats where you want the warning deactivated.

Sponsored

Grandpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XL 4x4 Regular Cab
Thanks for this. Taking my pitbull to the groomer earlier this week was the most annoying 10mi drive yet.

Rah150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I take my dog on long road trips. Just buckle the seatbelt underneath and put a sheet over the seat. That worked in my last vehicle at least.

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
👍this!
Sponsored