First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150 xlt
Double honk turned off
Temps under oil and transmission
Bambi mode (fogs can be on with brights)

I tried Lincoln Auto Fold for a while, but didn't like that it turned off the puddle lights, so I went back to the Ford Autofold

Haven't done Glare Free headlights, but its on my list.
Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Double honk turned off
Temps under oil and transmission
Bambi mode (fogs can be on with brights)

I tried Lincoln Auto Fold for a while, but didn't like that it turned off the puddle lights, so I went back to the Ford Autofold

Haven't done Glare Free headlights, but its on my list.
I assume it will show PSI numbers if transmission gauge is swapped with boost?

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Is there a way to turn off just the fog portion of the DRL? I kinda want to see how it looks with just the headlight perimeter lit

TJE

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150 xlt
I assume it will show PSI numbers if transmission gauge is swapped with boost?
I haven't tried that, but from what understand, no. I run transmission, boost, and engine. It doesn't show numbers under boost as is

mike4339

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Occupation
retired
Check this out..I ordered one. Should be here this week. So far, that's all I wanted to change.
https://www.4dtech.com/hornhonk/
Just installed this...took 30 seconds and no more double horn honk..If for some reason you want the honk back, just plug it in and it will reverse it. great option if you are only looking to eliminate the horn honk and don't want Forscan, or have a Windows computer. It is a one vehicle item though.

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Just installed this...took 30 seconds and no more double horn honk..If for some reason you want the honk back, just plug it in and it will reverse it. great option if you are only looking to eliminate the horn honk and don't want Forscan, or have a Windows computer. It is a one vehicle item though.
That is the nice thing about this device. Easy to change back and forth. You may want that notification that the truck is running (PB) and you are exiting. However maybe you are at a campsite and need to get in and out of the truck and do not want that horn disturbing anyone else. With this device you can take it out of the glove box and make the changes anytime, effortlessly. Nice for this single issue.

mike4339

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Occupation
retired
That is the nice thing about this device. Easy to change back and forth. You may want that notification that the truck is running (PB) and you are exiting. However maybe you are at a campsite and need to get in and out of the truck and do not want that horn disturbing anyone else. With this device you can take it out of the glove box and make the changes anytime, effortlessly. Nice for this single issue.
exactly. I never get out and leave it running without leaving someone in the truck. It's just loud and annoying if you park in front of a store or coffee place, etc., and people are sitting outside 5 feet away. I know it bugs me, so it probably bugs them too. Is Forscan pretty simple to use? all codes provided? I don't want to screw some settings up and have features not work.

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Double honk disable, BCM

Fog light cornering disable, BCM

DRLs at full brightness, BCM

Enable digital numbers under engine and tranny temp gauges, IPC

Front seatbelt chimes disable, IPC

Door ajar chime disable, IPC

Turn signal lane change tap count to 4, SCCM

Disable windshield anti fogging strategy so recirc stays on, HVAC

Enable front cams with tire tracks in mud/snow mode, IPMA

Glare Free headlights, APIM, IPMA, SCCM, IPC, HCM

Headlamp switch remember position, BCM

Battery target charge state to 95%, BCM
I followed the guide on another page to enable glare free lighting but kept getting checksum errors when changing certain module values and them DTC codes for the SCCM module. What process did you use for the glare free lighting?
Ford F-150 FORScan Favorite Mods? 823B7B59-D1CC-432A-A48E-0E4000B0C3E8

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I followed the guide on another page to enable glare free lighting but kept getting checksum errors when changing certain module values and them DTC codes for the SCCM module. What process did you use for the glare free lighting?
823B7B59-D1CC-432A-A48E-0E4000B0C3E8.jpeg
I followed Robb’s directions here.

Keep in mind the last 4 lines in bold in his post there are options based on how your truck is configured. In other words, if your truck is a short bed with no scales or CCD, then you do the first line, not any of the others.

The checksum error when writing values in Forscan are normal. You can ignore those.

However, the DTC’s are not to be ignored, especially that one. To me that means your dynamic bending lights are malfunctioning. You probably have one of the value changes wrong. I would start with the SCCM. Make positively sure it reads like this: 724-04-01 xxx4 xxxx

Make sure you backup all your modules BEFORE you make any changes to them.

It that doesn’t work, I would post in the glare free headlight thread with photos of your values you changed for each module.

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I followed Robb’s directions here.

Keep in mind the last 4 lines in bold in his post there are options based on how your truck is configured. In other words, if your truck is a short bed with no scales or CCD, then you do the first line, not any of the others.

The checksum error when writing values in Forscan are normal. You can ignore those.

However, the DTC’s are not to be ignored, especially that one. To me that means your dynamic bending lights are malfunctioning. You probably have one of the value changes wrong. I would start with the SCCM. Make positively sure it reads like this: 724-04-01 xxx4 xxxx

Make sure you backup all your modules BEFORE you make any changes to them.

It that doesn’t work, I would post in the glare free headlight thread with photos of your values you changed for each module.
I will try the changes again and save a picture of each. I triple checked everything yesterday and could not find anything wrong unless I am misunderstanding something. I did save the as-builts before modifying anything and put everything back to factory when the DTC codes would not clear.

Sponsored

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I will try the changes again and save a picture of each. I triple checked everything yesterday and could not find anything wrong unless I am misunderstanding something. I did save the as-builts before modifying anything and put everything back to factory when the DTC codes would not clear.
Did the DTC’s clear and stay cleared after you put them back to stock values?

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Did the DTC’s clear and stay cleared after you put them back to stock values?
Yes they did. I am wondering if the Diesel engine has some different options causing the issue. I need to look through the spreadsheets and see if something is obviously different with the options on my build.

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Got glarefree lighting, double honk delete and Bambi mode activated. Hopefully there will be a way to have welcome lighting on without having the running boards deploy in the future. I don't really need the noisy boards moving when I walk up to the truck to grab something every time.

Ifl3

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150,2015 escape
Where do I make changes to get temps under guages?

RapidRedRick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Platinum Powerboost
Got glarefree lighting, double honk delete and Bambi mode activated. Hopefully there will be a way to have welcome lighting on without having the running boards deploy in the future. I don't really need the noisy boards moving when I walk up to the truck to grab something every time.
take a look at this post for your requested running board mod - worked for me.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ecu-module-programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/post-194452
Sponsored