Forscan changes blocking OTA updates?

21PlatPB

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost, 2021 Mustang GT500
I just wanted to ask if anyone that has made changes to their truck with Forscan is still receiving OTA updates? I used to be notified of updates fairly frequently but feel as though I haven't got one since I changed a few things on the truck, not sure if it's a coincidence or not. I noticed some people mentioning getting a Power Up 1.7 update on Facebook the past few days and my truck just says up to date.

Has anyone else that's changed settings with Forscan been receiving OTA updates?
Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
I have never received an update and have not had forscan on it. updates are probably not being rolled out to everyone at once to keep from overloading their system. I would give it more time and see if an update shows up.

OP
OP
21PlatPB

21PlatPB

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, I'm sure they stagger the rollout for sure, I just can't remember if I have gotten any updates since changing some stuff with Forscan. But you're right I'll give it some more time and see how it goes.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
FORScan will not interfere with OTA unless changes you made throw permanent DTCs. Which the specific OTA update might not ignore

OP
OP
21PlatPB

21PlatPB

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORScan will not interfere with OTA unless changes you made throw permanent DTCs. Which the specific OTA update might not ignore
Perfect that's what I was looking for I should be good to go then. All I did was recalibrate tire size, global windows, horn honk disable, and digital temps in the cluster.

Sponsored

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
I personally have modified just about every module and have received 3 OTA updates

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Perfect that's what I was looking for I should be good to go then. All I did was recalibrate tire size, global windows, horn honk disable, and digital temps in the cluster.
Hi have you received any over the air updates since this posting?

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I have yeah, seems like forscan changes shouldn’t block the OTA updates.
Thanks, That's great to hear. My over the air updates is all locked up and there are many in the same boat. Automatic update setting toggles are lock and off, apparently some trucks started to down load and failed on installing. Sync version number and rev numbers are disappeared in about SYNC.
Thanks again.
Sponsored