Sponsored

Forscan and DRL brightness

teopham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT PowerBoost
Hi all,

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find answers to the questions below related to Forscan and DRL brightness. Any clarification is much appreciated!
2022 F150 XLT 302A Powerboost

1) Is it the higher the % the brighter the DRL? i.e., is 64 the brightest possible value?
64 =100%; 5A = 90%; 4B =75%; 32 = 50%; 19 = 25%; 0A =10%

2) I know adjusting 726-38-01 xxxx **xx xx-- affects the front DRL. Does it also affect the brightness of the rear tail light LED (I upgraded mine to Tremor LED tail lights)?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Yes the higher the percentage the brighter the front DRL's will be, Trust me they get insanely bright at 90-100%.. Especially when looking at them head on. The rear tail LED intensity cannot be changed in any way, or at least not to my knowledge. The only way would be to modify the tail lamps by cracking them open and physically changing out the types of LEDs used for higher wattage chips but this would require reflowing the LED array circuit boards or a hot air soldering station and hot bed.

OP
OP
teopham

teopham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT PowerBoost
Yes the higher the percentage the brighter the front DRL's will be, Trust me they get insanely bright at 90-100%.. Especially when looking at them head on. The rear tail LED intensity cannot be changed in any way, or at least not to my knowledge. The only way would be to modify the tail lamps by cracking them open and physically changing out the types of LEDs used for higher wattage chips but this would require reflowing the LED array circuit boards.
Thanks for the clarifications! Exactly the info I was looking for.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Anytime, and welcome to the forum!
Sponsored