• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford's epic Lightning bait-and-switch is complete (the official "I'm out" thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
We know what you said, and a lot of actual data has been provided proving your statements wrong.
Still waiting for some actual data or facts to support your opinion. CR You are the only one repeating a false premise, and now you want the thread closed because you can’t handle someone debunking your claims ??‍♂
Sponsored

Last edited:

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
75,000 and out of car warranty and soon out of battery warranty. Won't see an F150EV until '23 which would be in the 125,000 range.

Living on the edge.

The 2019 Model 3 has been problem free after the first year so I'm hoping I caught all the production bugs.

For dealing with warranty and service issues, I look forward to going back to the dealership model which works better than Tesla's "service center" model.

The MachE's have certainly avoided all the Tesla issues so the F150 should also.
I think you're likely okay with the Model 3. They are reporting far fewer suspension and drivetrain issues than the MS and MX. Mostly just horrible paint quality. The MX has a basic front drive design flaw, which is why my current car will go before warranty expiration. That issue may have coverage under the longer motor warranty, will try to verify with this week's visit for the fifth set of half shafts. The service center and online schedule "model" is most definitely broken. I liked the first few years' Tesla ownership in '13 and '14 when they always come sto me via ranger service, with a loaner on the flatbed if necessary - so I had lots of service but never any downtime.

That high-service Tesla model had to go by the wayside for economic reasons, another of Elon's failed fantasies about how to do things differently from a customer service perspective. He's done amazing things for the world, but blowing up the car dealership customer experience isn't one of them. Folks who still live in that world mostly can't understand this because they haven't lived in the captive direct-to-consumer model yet, but when you are captive, you are truly a hostage - no recourse, no one to advocate for you, and in the case of Tesla, literally no one to even talk to, no place or other dealer to visit, not even private shops.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Tesla’s Autopilot is nearly perfect on the Highway, so can’t imagine GM’s product really being better.

However, Tesla is at least 5 years ahead with FSB Beta. I’ve been using it for months and it literally drives itself 90% of the time. There are still bugs so I’m always ready to take control, however with every update it handles more scenarios appropriately.
Agreed on FSD beta. I've had it for three weeks in my MX - simply the most amazing experience with technology in my life - makes it worth getting this far. It show you what it sees - and it sees everything - and reacts amazingly well. I had thought it would have problems with edge cases like likes and pedestrians in the road, but it behaves exactly as I would, slows down, waits for an opening in traffic, crosses the double yellow, leaving 3 feet, and returns to the lane. Our Palm Beach County place requires crossing the ICW on draw bridges, and across at-grade rail crossings, and there are several roundabouts - FSD handles all of these just fine. It crosses multiple lanes of oncoming traffic at uncontrolled uncontrolled intersections, almost without fail. One thing it simply refuses to do is a U-turn, and it cannot handle the neighborhood entry gates, still has issues figuring out some parking lots, won't go through any drive-throughs, so the Muskian idea that it will be able to drive your kid to school and return is pretty far-fetched, but I wouldn't bet against that guy eventually getting there, except for timing predictions and current car capability.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I've found the sensors/cameras to be 100% accurate for objects in the line of sight of them
I thought that until I ran over a curb the car could not see and bent a wheel. Also everytime I scraped the front bumper on the standard curb it can't see.

Suffice that Ford MachE beats Tesla on reliability.

Suffice that GM Cruise beats Tesla on ADAS (automated driver assistance systems) like BLIS, RCTA, 360, Lane keep alerts, dynamic cruise.

I'd say Fords Co-Pilot 360 also beats Tesla in the ADAS.

Tesla's strength is range and speed, not reliability, not safety.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Tesla’s Autopilot is nearly perfect on the Highway, so can’t imagine GM’s product really being better.
It’s not.

Even CR agrees Tesla is the best for “Capability and Performance” and in “Ease of Use.”

So, as far as how it works when the driver is using it correctly, Autopilot is the best according to CR.

Supercruise wins overall in CR’s test because they rate it better when the driver stops paying attention (because Tesla didn’t have eye tracking then) and when the driver is unresponsive.

So, Tesla is more capable and easier to use, but Supercruise has more safeguards for incorrect use or unresponsive drivers… according to that CR link.

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Suffice that Ford MachE beats Tesla on reliability.
Real world owners say otherwise ?

Be prepared to hear your dealers say that a lot with your Mach-e or Lightning: “I can’t fix that” or “this is normal”.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Ax grinding at this point.
There are some number of every car that can stump the guys that are supposed to fix them.
True of Tesla
True of Mach-E
True of even a Toyota Corolla

Nobody is claiming that none of these cars are guaranteed trouble free.
But declaring Ford isn't building legitimate EV's is a bit disengenuous at this point. It looks like they are pretty good at it considering.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER

Be prepared to hear your dealers say that a lot with your Mach-e or Lightning: “I can’t fix that” or “this is normal”.
I wonder if that the same guy who posted on the Mach-E forum using the same title?
After being challenged on specifics, it turns out his car is drivable and he called it “unfixable” because the body shop couldn’t get the replacement air shutters that go on the front of the car. A couple days later, he admits that they are backordered a couple months.

I‘m not going to waste my time watching the video to help him get views.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
An unvetted video by one guy? That's it?

Now back to the successful MachE with a reliability higher than any Tesla to date being a good indicator that Ford will do as well or better with F150.
One “predicted” reliability article by CR is all you got bro. I’ve provided countless examples at this point, your claim has been debunked. Looks like someone is mad and in denial, especially since mach-e owners are questioning the upcoming lightning reliability too. (See video again).

You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink. Enjoy your fantasy ?

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I wonder if that the same guy who posted on the Mach-E forum using the same title?
After being challenged on specifics, it turns out his car is drivable and he called it “unfixable” because the body shop couldn’t get the replacement air shutters that go on the front of the car. A couple days later, he admits that they are backordered a couple months.

I‘m not going to waste my time watching the video to help him get views.
This is related to electric issues and the vehicle repeatedly dying and dealer unable to update it or fix it, didn’t even know how. Just another reason why Tesla is miles ahead on reliability. The Ford dealer network is like 95% terrible dealerships who don’t know how to work on these EVs at all. They rank last amount all auto brand dealerships consistently too. Tesla fixes their vehicles more reliably too from what owners are saying.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

What a silly video. Even the kid in the back seat is bored with their rant.

@Platinum Peasant is your axe sharp enough yet? Maybe you should be thanking all of the early adopters who will help Ford iron out the millions of issues that the Lightning is going to have. They're all sacrificial lambs, LOL.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
What a silly video. Even the kid in the back seat is bored with their rant.

@Platinum Peasant is your axe sharp enough yet? Maybe you should be thanking all of the early adopters who will help Ford iron out the millions of issues that the Lightning is going to have. They're all sacrificial lambs, LOL.
LOL. I don’t mind being the *bad guy with an axe* if it saves even 1 person the headache of being that sacrificial lamb. Helping a billion dollar company catch up to Tesla in reliability shouldn’t cost regular everyday people badly.

I was just like some others on this thread, thinking Ford can do no wrong and is the most reliable. Ownership experience taught me otherwise, not just with the F150, but with the Focus dual clutch transmission too. Being a sacrificial lamb for Ford sucks ?? I genuinely hope Ford knocks it out of the park, I really do. Their track record with EVs and regular cars (so far) indicates this will be a rough launch (bugs/ issues wise). They are struggling with bluecruise and OTA updates right now for over a year.

Side note: the video did get silly at times, you’re right. But I feel for owners like them overall. They even said they were thinking about the lightning too but now sounds like they may hold off too based on what the Mach-e put them through.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
"Countless examples"???

Nobody here has left me with the impression that they believe "Ford can do no wrong". Is THAT what you are worried about?

And "if you can save just one person......"

You must realize that we are just here on a forum discussing a truck that runs on a battery, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.