• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford's epic Lightning bait-and-switch is complete (the official "I'm out" thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 302A PB
Plenty. More than a few. = Massive.

Forums = perception amplification
I understand the phenomenon. But I don't think the reality in the field supports it.
I have to agree. I've heard of very few actual issues. Saw one or two people that needed transmissions swaps, but not some chronic issue causing recalls etc. Viewing one of these forums gives such a jaded view because you're only witnessing an extremely limited number of the over all owners, and that audience is generally skewed more towards the ones specifically having issues because they come to places like these for help or to air their grievances.
Sponsored

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Iā€™ve read of plenty of powerboost lemon buy backs
MachE doesn't have a Powerboost engine, that is on F150Hybrid. Which is another huge success for Ford in the EV area.

Guess it's a case of what you've read and facts on the ground.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
There's one fella on here that has the unfortunate experience of a Powerboost that has a serious ProPower onboard issue and the dealerships are of no help to him. The 7.2KW generator function was his main reason for buying the truck, so you can imagine his disappointment and ire, at this point.
He has posted often and in various threads and has every right to. But if you weren't paying attention, you might think that you have read about several Powerboost trucks suffering from the exact same malady.

So yea, forums amplify

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Dont get me wrong, I love my F150, and got a trouble free (so far) 21ā€™ platinum dieselā€¦
Your Platinum diesel is going to be rare. My salesman told me they've discontinued it for next year. That was a short run for the diesel option wasn't it?

Mike

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
I didn't know there would be many customers cross-shopping a full size pickup with a hatchback. I didn't know anybody in 2022 would consider buying a Leaf since it doesn't even have a liquid cooled battery. I didn't know someone would confuse kW(power) and kWh(energy).

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Your Platinum diesel is going to be rare. My salesman told me they've discontinued it for next year. That was a short run for the diesel option wasn't it?

Mike
yeah it was a short run but Iā€™m glad they did it at least for the time that they did. Wonā€™t be selling mine at all. Itā€™s an amazing engine.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
MachE doesn't have a Powerboost engine, that is on F150Hybrid. Which is another huge success for Ford in the EV area.

Guess it's a case of what you've read and facts on the ground.
The Mach-e is having its own electrical and software issues too bud. Popularity doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a good quality vehicle.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
The Mach-e is having its own electrical and software issues too bud. Popularity doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a good quality vehicle.
I'd be willing to bet that the average MY2022 Lightning is going to have a lot fewer mechanical issues and be less expensive to maintain over the next 8 years than any MY2022 Ecoboost.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'd be willing to bet that the average MY2022 Lightning is going to have a lot fewer mechanical issues and be less expensive to maintain over the next 8 years than any MY2022 Ecoboost.
My fully loaded platinum diesel is $28000 cheaper than a lightning platinum, not counting the mark upā€™s the dealer is gonna hit you with. Good luck ever making up that difference! Iā€™ll take occasional oil change instead, thanks. ??

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
The 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E has a predicted reliability score of 60 out of 100. A J.D. Power predicted reliability score of 91-100 is considered the Best, 81-90 is Great, 70-80 is Average, and 0-69 is Fair and considered below average. - JD Power

Donā€™t be surprised when dealers tell you your lighting is ā€œunfixableā€ like they told this Mach E owner. Some dealer donā€™t even know how to diagnose and fix powerboost problems. Iā€™m sure the lighting will be easier tho! ?

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ford-dealer-tells-owner-mustang-mach-e-issues-unfixable/?amp

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Would you look at that! Above overage! ? like I said before, popularity doesnā€™t equal reliability. And despite Teslas quality control issues, they are miles ahead of Ford in the EV game, especially in reliability.

Ford canā€™t even get software and OTA updates down right and you want me to believe the fantasy that they can just whip up a reliable EV, one that requires even more software? (among other things)

im sure these Mach E owners would agree with you tho:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/paak-is-now-brick.8651/

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-mustang-mach-e-charging-issue-bricking/amp/

https://www.theverge.com/platform/a...tang-mach-e-deep-sleep-12v-battery-jump-start

Very ā€reliableā€ ???

Fun fact too: Consumer Reports is a joke. The way they determine if a car is ā€œreliableā€ is flawed.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/how-car-reliability-reports-can-be-misleading/?amp

So the answer to my original rhetorical question is unchanged: no, Ford cannot be trusted to make a reliable EV. Not yet anyways.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
So the answer to my original rhetorical question is unchanged: no, Ford cannot be trusted to make a reliable EV. Not yet anyways.
Then why are you here? Are you looking forward to getting the Lighting or are you just here to troll as your form of entertainment?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.