• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford's epic Lightning bait-and-switch is complete (the official "I'm out" thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
You guys turned this into another multi page Tesla v. Ford thread, not me.
It was a bogus thread from the get go. "I'm out" from a guy who was never "in", no reservation.

As for Ford vs. Tesla, pointing out that Ford's first EV, the MachE, beat all Teslas on reliability, is legit in answering the question posed, do we trust Ford to do a good job on the F150. A new EV beating the top selling on reliability is relevant to the topic.

MachE provides a nuts and bolts answer, yes.

OP
OP
Diabolical!

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
It was a bogus thread from the get go. "I'm out" from a guy who was never "in", no reservation.
I have stated twice in this thread that I am a day 1 reservation holder. I am listed on this forum's own spreadsheet as a reservation holder (filled in many months ago). My post history from the time I signed up until the build-and-price tool went live clearly illustrates my intention and excitement to buy a Lightning. Do you have a reading comprehension issue or are you simply a troll?

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford's epic Lightning bait-and-switch is complete (the official "I'm out" thread). Screenshot_20220118-234923_Chrome

Sponsored

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
We were led to believe that a car company had finally created an affordable EV truck for the masses.
That's the basic dishonesty of the post. That OP tossed some coffee money for a reservation doesn't change the fact he had no intention of buying an F150EV if he thinks the EV version was going to cost less than a gas version. That the EV and ICE versions are so close in price is the closer.

If you configure a gas-powered F-150 to mirror each Lightning trim, you'll be shocked how closely the prices match up.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I have a friend who drives an R1T for his job. He couldn't rave more about it if he tried. It is his impression that Rivian is going to define what an electric truck & SUV are going forward. Everyone else is just going to work to keep up.
yeah, but too bad about that frunk design. Those guys must have gulped when they saw they Lightning preview - missed opportunity.

OP
OP
Diabolical!

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It was a bogus thread from the get go. "I'm out" from a guy who was never "in", no reservation...

...That OP tossed some coffee money for a reservation.
Keep shifting your position, genius.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Keep shifting your position, genius.
That you were a "never in"? Pretty obvious since your claim of "epic bait and switch" is proven totally bogus. The surprise was the EXACT OPPOSITE of your phony claim, the F150EV's are priced SAME as the F150 ICE's. Your bait and switch claim was just posting a controversial falsehood to get reactions.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
That you were a "never in"? Pretty obvious since your claim of "epic bait and switch" is proven totally bogus. The surprise was the EXACT OPPOSITE of your phony claim, the F150EV's are priced SAME as the F150 ICE's. Your bait and switch claim was just posting a controversial falsehood to get reactions.
His claim is clear: You said he had "no reservation", then you moved the goalposts to admitting he had a reservation, but claiming to magically know he "had no intention of buying" even though he says otherwise.

The "surprise" wasn't that the Lightning is priced competitively with the gas version. We knew that the night of the reveal, at least for Pro and XLT SR. The "surprise" was that Ford forced a $9500 package in order to buy an XLT ER. It's irrelevant that a gas truck with the same package would cost a similar amount if the buyer doesn't want to spend the extra $9500 (or $12500 if one reasonably believed that the ER battery would be $7000, per Ford's survey).

If Ford said they're only selling Platinum Lightnings, it doesn't matter that they're a good value or that they're priced competitively with the gas versions if the buyer doesn't want to spend $90k.

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I'm convinced this kid is just trolling at this point, but thanks for the backup, lol.
So please stop feeding him... Ignore button worked great for me :)

OP
OP
Diabolical!

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A couple of weeks ago, I started a thread titled "Ford's epic lightning bait and switch is complete (the official "I'm out" thread)." As many of you pointed out, I was wrong, but not for the reasons given in the thread. I thought introducing a long-range truck at nearly $75,000 while we were led to believe it would be far more affordable (and we were led to believe exactly that) was pretty low, but as it turns out, ford had yet another bait and switch in the works. If you weren't lucky enough to be "invited" to order in wave 1, you never had a shot at ordering the only affordably priced lightning, the pro. How can you be "sold out" of a vehicle that has not even begun production? Should demand not dictate availability? The reality is ford never planned to sell you a pro. It was a marketing gimmick to make it seem like Ford had introduced an affordable EV truck option. I'll give ford credit for this: When it comes to overpromising and underdelivering, they took a page right out of tesla's playbook. With a couple of thousand orders on the books, ford's own social media relations has stated that the Lariat and Platinum are leading sales, meaning that only a couple hundred pros will ever be produced. Prices will be adjusted for 2023 model year vehicles, and just like that, the sub-$40k pro will be a memory without anyone ever having the opportunity to get one. Call it the "$35,000 Model 3" of ford trucks. Of the people I know who had lightning reservations, several cancelled when the ER debuted at nearly $75,000. Those remaining resigned themselves to ordering a pro since they had to opt for the SR anyway. Now, they can get neither. I've owned 4 f-series trucks and 3 mustangs in my life. I will never buy another ford. Ford can't even begin to quantify the bad will they have created with yet another botched product launch.

But if you still don't want to call it a bait-and-switch, I have a bridge to sell you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.