• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford's epic Lightning bait-and-switch is complete (the official "I'm out" thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
As someone who was leaning towards a Lariat anyway, this is all good news for me. I'm thinking there will be lots of cancelations, may be able to get my truck sooner.

(Sorry)
I'm with you. Lariat+ for me. I just wish the moonroof wasn't forced on me, but the wife will be happy with it.
Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I agree - I think the disconnect in the expectation that the ER battery would non be a "super-premium" option that only goes with the high end trucks. Price a XLT SR without the options package and you have a decent large truck at a decent price. I mean, many of the EV's on the market right now are only in the 230 mile range as it is. And this is a massive truck that can haul, tow, and put 7.2kW out a 240V outlet.
Yep, Ford blew it on managing expectations. First, with blocking the ER battery from the Pro, and now with letting people think that the XLT ER would start at $60k or $63k (depending on ER option cost)... for 8 months... then dropping a $74k bomb with 2 days until order banks opening.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I'm not counting on any of those prices, but to be fair, Tesla said pretty shortly after the unveiling that the single-motor version was going to be bumped back to the last version produced because of demand for the 2/3 motor versions, so they were actually pretty up-front about the delayed availability of the cheap one. I wouldn't expect the single motor version for years, at this point.

Given the F-150 / Rivian / Hummer pricing, Tesla really has no reason to deliver a $49k 300-mile version. It could be $59k or even $69k and still be competitive.

Oh I know..I just think its comical people still trust Elon when he has perfected the bait and switch. Also..if model 3 and model Y's are approaching $50-60k and climbing..what makes someone think you'd be able to get into a CT for that much(or cheaper)?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I'm with you. Lariat+ for me. I just wish the moonroof wasn't forced on me, but the wife will be happy with it.
At least it has ventilated seats and a shade for that moonroof

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4X, 2018 Ford F150xlt Sport
Well the more of you that cancel the closer I get.....Sorry, not sorry

My only issue is whether to sell/trade my Mach E or keep it

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
lmao........can someone, anyone please tell me where Ford said they were making an "affordable F-150 for the masses"? Anyone? Tesla Fanbois are all over this site right now. They never thought the Lightning would be out before the $100k Cybertruck lol

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger
I just configured the Lariat I want, and it is $81,284 for the lightning and $66,835 for the hybrid. Without a good knowledge of what the rebates will be, that's a little too steep for a first generation.
Exactly! I said this months ago, a comparably equipped hybrid will be 25k less. Where is the value in getting the EV? Aside from driving clean, which is very important to me, there are no savings over ICE. At least not 25k in savings. My wife and I do okay but we aren't rich. So yeah I am way TF out. Too expensive.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Oh I know..I just think its comical people still trust Elon when he has perfected the bait and switch. Also..if model 3 and model Y's are approaching $50-60k and climbing..what makes someone think you'd be able to get into a CT for that much(or cheaper)?
Yeah, Tesla isn't going to sell the cheap version of the Cybertruck until they need to to keep production maxed out. Just like the Model Y. Just like the Model 3.

Ford is doing the same thing, and it makes sense... but it sucks for the people who want the cheap versions of EVs. And Ford definitely made it seem like the Pro and the XLT ER were going to be more readily available (Pro) and cheaper (XLT ER).

Bad expectation management for both, but they'll both still keep selling as many as they can build for years, so it doesn't hurt them, really.

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I was "shocked" that the 312A package priced at $9500. Expected it to be maybe $5K. So with TTL I'm looking at 80K OTD. Tax credit would ease some of the pain but that is still a hella expensive truck. That kind of MSRP will also be reflected in insurance costs, licensing fees.
See what happens with Silverado EV tomorrow, but it's looking like the buy in for an EV no matter who makes it will push 80K OTD.

Edit: talked to my financial advisor. She wasn't shocked at all. Now I'm thinking go big or go home, extended range Lariat. It's only $5000 more and has stuff you'd want on the XLT anyway for resale value.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I just configured the Lariat I want, and it is $81,284 for the lightning and $66,835 for the hybrid. Without a good knowledge of what the rebates will be, that's a little too steep for a first generation.
My power boost configuration came in at just over $70K for a Lariat 4x4.

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
My power boost configuration came in at just over $70K for a Lariat 4x4.
Maybe I'm missing something, but this is the power boost config I used

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford's epic Lightning bait-and-switch is complete (the official "I'm out" thread). F150 Hybrid.JPG

jaykoolzboy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai Ioniq&Kona, Honda FCV
Occupation
IT Consultant
I might be the few user here that always wanted Lariat Premium With Extended Battery (slightly under 80K after the destination charge) , on the bonus side Running Board is now standard (on all previous brochures it always indicate as $500 or so option)

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
I might be the few user here that always wanted Lariat Premium With Extended Battery (slightly under 80K after the destination charge) , on the bonus side Running Board is now standard (on all previous brochures it always indicate as $500 or so option)
Based on Ford's projected sales, and surveys ran on this site and others, I think you're part of the majority. Most folks want the $80k Lariat+.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I'm waiting however long I have to wait for the "Barebones" Pro. Of course Barebones is kinda redefined when you actually look at what it is.

Looks like the shock is mostly those from the historical legacy F150 XLT 302A value equation space. THAT makes sense too. It has always been a great bang for buck package. But it obviously doesn't translate to the EV platform.

But those who were already going to buy a loaded or a "Barebones" aren't experiencing the shock.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.