Sponsored

FordPass problems, connectivity issues

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
I’m 5 days into not connecting with FordPass. I removed my truck from the app and then tried to add it back. Like others, I can’t get the activation button in the truck.

I have a 23 and it sounds like unplugging the modem won’t do anything. Just kind of wait and see until it fixed itself? I guess I could charge the battery. I might be crazy but that sounds a bit like coincidence. Who knows.
Sponsored

MedicalPhysicist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Hybrid on Order
I’m 5 days into not connecting with FordPass. I removed my truck from the app and then tried to add it back. Like others, I can’t get the activation button in the truck.

I have a 23 and it sounds like unplugging the modem won’t do anything. Just kind of wait and see until it fixed itself? I guess I could charge the battery. I might be crazy but that sounds a bit like coincidence. Who knows.
Mine stopped working yesterday, called the Ford Guide today and they said there is an issue with all 23 Broncos and F-150. She said they hope to have another update to the Ford Pass App soon.

It seems there is nothing we can do at this time.

F150tripin

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Merc C240 Wagon - 2023 F-150 Lariat 3.5 PB
Occupation
InfoTech IP Networking/Routing/Security
Activated 1/26, failed 2/3

Support said this release had a bug, all 2023 model year F-150s we're impacted, a fix was in the works. He didn't have a date.

Lost all status reporing and remote control via Ford pass.

MedicalPhysicist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Hybrid on Order

Support said this release had a bug, all 2023 model year F-150s we're impacted, a fix was in the works. He didn't have a date.

yup got the same response. She said Feb but it is Feb lol. Guess I have to use the key fob for now...uggg. I find it a weird coincidence that mine failed on the day my Ford Streaming expired, whatever that is.

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
yup got the same response. She said Feb but it is Feb lol. Guess I have to use the key fob for now...uggg. I find it a weird coincidence that mine failed on the day my Ford Streaming expired, whatever that is.
weirdly enough that was my exact timing too. I even asked my wife if she had streaming on her ford to be able to do it. I thought maybe that was the catch.

Sponsored

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Mine stopped working yesterday, called the Ford Guide today and they said there is an issue with all 23 Broncos and F-150. She said they hope to have another update to the Ford Pass App soon.

It seems there is nothing we can do at this time.

It is more than just a FordPass Update. The TCU module is not working. No wifi or cellular connectivity. Without wireless connectivity, I assume you will need to go to the dealer to have the TCU flashed with the new software for the TCU.

MedicalPhysicist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Hybrid on Order
It is more than just a FordPass Update. The TCU module is not working. No wifi or cellular connectivity. Without wireless connectivity, I assume you will need to go to the dealer to have the TCU flashed with the new software for the TCU.
Fantastic...i was hoping to avoid a dealer visit

OP
OP
bfastr

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
Fantastic...i was hoping to avoid a dealer visit
DO you have a trickle charger you can try?
OK, just a thought, but I had the same problem two days after I brought my truck home, was connected and then lost it all. in my case I dont drive the truck every day and I suspect the battery was on the weak side after sitting in Michigan waiting to be shipped. probably got just enuf juice in the few days it was at the dealer being driven around. but after sitting in my driveway it might have slipped below whatever thresh hold the computer has.

having said all that, I put my truck on a simple battery tender and let it sit for a couple days. Initially it took almost 20 hours to reach a "float" condition on the charger. then either from that or a coincidence all my connectivity came back. prior I tried unplugging the TCU overnight, and removing fuse 8/9 overnight, rebooting the sync computer , reloading ford pass... was one hammer away from the final fix

I cant tell you with certainty that fixed my problem. but the very last thing I wanted to do was return to the dealer. its worth a shot

MedicalPhysicist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Hybrid on Order
DO you have a trickle charger you can try?
OK, just a thought, but I had the same problem two days after I brought my truck home, was connected and then lost it all. in my case I dont drive the truck every day and I suspect the battery was on the weak side after sitting in Michigan waiting to be shipped. probably got just enuf juice in the few days it was at the dealer being driven around. but after sitting in my driveway it might have slipped below whatever thresh hold the computer has.

having said all that, I put my truck on a simple battery tender and let it sit for a couple days. Initially it took almost 20 hours to reach a "float" condition on the charger. then either from that or a coincidence all my connectivity came back. prior I tried unplugging the TCU overnight, and removing fuse 8/9 overnight, rebooting the sync computer , reloading ford pass... was one hammer away from the final fix

I cant tell you with certainty that fixed my problem. but the very last thing I wanted to do was return to the dealer. its worth a shot
I do have a trickle charger that i use for my 58 Bel-Air. I might be thinking about this incorrectly, but if it's a battery issue, then why when I have the car on and running I can't activate the Ford Pass when the battery should be fine since it's running? To me that would make sense if the car was off and you were trying to activate? Ford Guide said it affected all 23 Broncos and F-150 so obviously its not since yours works and this thread is only 3 pages long LOL.

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I do have a trickle charger that i use for my 58 Bel-Air. I might be thinking about this incorrectly, but if it's a battery issue, then why when I have the car on and running I can't activate the Ford Pass when the battery should be fine since it's running? To me that would make sense if the car was off and you were trying to activate? Ford Guide said it affected all 23 Broncos and F-150 so obviously its not since yours works and this thread is only 3 pages long LOL.
Point of interest. My TCU stopped working for about 48 hours three days after I picked up my truck December 10th. Then a month later it stopped for 10 days. Around Dec 23. Recently it stopped working on January 26th and still not operational. It appears to be a intermittent glitch. Some 2023 truck owners have turned off the autoupdate and that has kept the TCU from shutting off.

Sponsored

Stretch1968

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat

I had the same problem on my 2023. I finally just unhooked battery and reconnected it. That reset everything and now it works.

OP
OP
bfastr

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
I dont have an answer for you on why it worked, or if that even fixed it. I thought the same thing about when the truck was running it should fix it. however it never did.

from my notes the AGM batt rests about 12.8 or 12.9 volts. the batt tender will charge it to 14-something, with the truck running the battery voltage is still only 12.8 ish. There are pages of theory on the BMS out there.

but what I did was I skipped right over the "correct" way to charge and connected right on the battery. I was fed up, didnt care what the BMS thought about it. two days later I had connectivity and the car computer hasnt pitched a bitch. so take whatever you wish from that.
I thought how is this any diff than dropping in a brand new charged batt as far as the car can tell.

as for future charging I went back to a frame connection. I dont drive daily, and sometimes for a week at a time, I have a batt tender on another old car, so one more is easy for me. and now the tender goes from charge to trickle in a few hours. not all night.

MedicalPhysicist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Hybrid on Order
I dont have an answer for you on why it worked, or if that even fixed it. I thought the same thing about when the truck was running it should fix it. however it never did.

from my notes the AGM batt rests about 12.8 or 12.9 volts. the batt tender will charge it to 14-something, with the truck running the battery voltage is still only 12.8 ish. There are pages of theory on the BMS out there.

but what I did was I skipped right over the "correct" way to charge and connected right on the battery. I was fed up, didnt care what the BMS thought about it. two days later I had connectivity and the car computer hasnt pitched a bitch. so take whatever you wish from that.
I thought how is this any diff than dropping in a brand new charged batt as far as the car can tell.

as for future charging I went back to a frame connection. I dont drive daily, and sometimes for a week at a time, I have a batt tender on another old car, so one more is easy for me. and now the tender goes from charge to trickle in a few hours. not all night.
After seeing the comment before yours, sounds like charging the battery or disconnecting it, resets the whole system. I might try the disconnect first since I don't garage my truck thus hooking up a trickle charger isn't ideal.

MedicalPhysicist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Hybrid on Order
I had the same problem on my 2023. I finally just unhooked battery and reconnected it. That reset everything and now it works.
I am going to try this. Thank you!

F150tripin

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Merc C240 Wagon - 2023 F-150 Lariat 3.5 PB
Occupation
InfoTech IP Networking/Routing/Security

I randomly attempted to view the 'connected services' from touch screen menu today. No more spinning wheel and error message. Was able to enable the services and am back online.

I do not know if a update occurred. I'm glad I am back online with the vehicle.
Sponsored