First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
No luck. sat unplugged all night. did a restart, reload of the app. no change. tried a ford pass reset in the truck. no change.

I guess next step is a phone call. I really hate to have to involve my dealer for this.
I got the same issue, I’m going to my local dealer today. Since the truck has a bumper to bumper warranty within 3 years, I don’t want to pull my hair trying to fix the issues.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I got the same issue, I’m going to my local dealer today. Since the truck has a bumper to bumper warranty within 3 years, I don’t want to pull my hair trying to fix the issues.
You don’t know pulling your hair out u til asking the dealer to fix it.
I will say if you have a 23 there is an issue with them.

2023 have a software issue apparently

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have a '23. A couple of weeks ago, it stop connecting for 10 days. Before that, it was for 48 hours. I tried all the suggestions for fixing it, including unplugging the TCU. Tried different time frames, overnight, over the weekend, etc. Still no connectivity, and then one day it just started working. That is until 17 hours ago. It is back to not connecting. :mad: :cautious:

charmai101

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
You don’t know pulling your hair out u til asking the dealer to fix it.
I will say if you have a 23 there is an issue with them.

2023 have a software issue apparently
As I pulled into the dealer’s parking lot, the FordPass app works again, after a week of not working. So I ended up stopping by ACME to buy some ham to make sandwiches.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bfastr

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
well, its actually encouraging to hear I am not the only one, and that it may come back to life on its own. meantime I put a trickle charger on the truck, just to rule out a low voltage thing.

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I have had Fordpass since 2019 with zero issues until yesterday. Will not connect to truck.

2022 Rcbs. I can still log into account, check messages, etc. But truck is gone.

Restarted phone, reinstalled app. Connected phone via usb to truck, repaired bluetooth, still no truck.

Just get message, oops we lost you check internet connection.

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have had Fordpass since 2019 with zero issues until yesterday. Will not connect to truck.

2022 Rcbs. I can still log into account, check messages, etc. But truck is gone.

Restarted phone, reinstalled app. Connected phone via usb to truck, repaired bluetooth, still no truck.

Just get message, oops we lost you check internet connection.

You are not alone. I have a 2020 Expedition, and FordPass works great. I was really looking forward to using it in my F-150 too. I mainly use it for the remote start in the cold morning, but I also use it when I go to bed just to be sure I locked it up.

I do like using Alexa in the truck since we use Alexa at home. It has come in handy when asking for directions, places nearby to eat, weather forecasts, etc. I can live without Alexa but not my remote start. Thankfully we have had a mild winter so far.

OP
OP
bfastr

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
I am still having problems, but the problem is the modem in the truck. confirmed by trying to open the connectivity option, it just spins and goes back to the main menu.

I dont have any of the Ford nav connected stuff, identifiable by the cloud at the bottom of the map with a line thru it. no traffic, lookups, or alexa

I have tried unplugging the TCU unit overnight twice.
put a trickle charger on the battery just for grins
and removed fuse # 8/9 ( its a three way fuse ) over night.

I give up. not interested in leaving my 9 day old truck at ford for any period of time just yet.
maybe if something else breaks I will add this to the list.

or maybe the TCU will un-fudge itself while I drive around

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I am still having problems, but the problem is the modem in the truck. confirmed by trying to open the connectivity option, it just spins and goes back to the main menu.

I dont have any of the Ford nav connected stuff, identifiable by the cloud at the bottom of the map with a line thru it. no traffic, lookups, or alexa

I have tried unplugging the TCU unit overnight twice.
put a trickle charger on the battery just for grins
and removed fuse # 8/9 ( its a three way fuse ) over night.

I give up. not interested in leaving my 9 day old truck at ford for any period of time just yet.
maybe if something else breaks I will add this to the list.

or maybe the TCU will un-fudge itself while I drive around
Rumor has it there will be an update for the TCU. Most of the 2021 and 2022 trucks work by unplugging it but the 2023 trucks are a different story.

Another assumption is that you will need to go to the dealer to have the new firmware flashed into the TCU since there is no connectivity for Over-The-Air programming unless you have access to a mongoose-plus cable and the FDRS software.

Maybe @Jesse-Infotainment or someone else on the forum has more information. @Jesse-Infotainment , @Snakebitten , and others on this forum were a huge help in troubleshooting my problem with the TCU. Without their help, I would still be pulling my hair out.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
You are not alone. I have a 2020 Expedition, and FordPass works great. I was really looking forward to using it in my F-150 too. I mainly use it for the remote start in the cold morning, but I also use it when I go to bed just to be sure I locked it up.

I do like using Alexa in the truck since we use Alexa at home. It has come in handy when asking for directions, places nearby to eat, weather forecasts, etc. I can live without Alexa but not my remote start. Thankfully we have had a mild winter so far.
Well, it started workin again today, so must have been a phone or server issue.

Like i said, only issue since 2019.

I did notice that i got Update 3.5.4. Wonder if that was related....downloading when i tried to use?

Sponsored

OP
OP
bfastr

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
Well, it started workin again today, so must have been a phone or server issue.

Like i said, only issue since 2019.

I did notice that i got Update 3.5.4. Wonder if that was related....downloading when i tried to use?

see, and I am kind of wondering if thats my issue too. It worked the first couple of days. even connected to Ford Pass.

I am not sure what version of firmware I am at, but it does allow full screen apple carplay, so I assume its fairly up to date. it say sync 4 version 22230_PRODUCT , Revision 546

OP
OP
bfastr

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
Another assumption is that you will need to go to the dealer to have the new firmware flashed into the T
That may be my next step, However, I have a cross country trip planned and my guess is they are booked out several weeks etc. So, I can live without the modem since I use carplay and google maps etc.

If it doesnt wake up on my trip I will see about scheduling with the dealer later.

I just want to thank this forum for all the help. There are great people willing to offer constructive ideas no matter what the topic.

OP
OP
bfastr

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
ok boys n girls, ladies and gents.

so yesterday I decided screw the BMS thing and I connected my Battery Tender directly to the battery posts, damn the torpedoes . full steam ahead.

when I started this last night I measure the batt voltage thru the batt tender pigtail. the truck just parked n locked. it was about 12.8 volts.

at 0800 before doing anything to truck I measured and it was 14.3 volts, this after a night trickle charging directly to batt posts.

now I have read plenty online and everything seems to say an AGM battery floats around 12.9 volts.
ok fine. screw it. will this confuse the car BMS. dont care. did it make the difference? dont care.
but how would charging the battery around the BMS behave any different than if I had dropped in a brand new fully charged battery without doing anything else. dont know.

anyway, started the truck and all the sudden I am connected to wifi, modem is working, got about a dozen messages on the screen. connected my Ford Pass and the world is good.

at this point I dont care if Ford is tracking me or watching an old man drive back and forth to the Home Depot. my shit is WORKING !!!!

is it battery related? cant say for sure. I guess leaving it sit for a few days not charging may answer that.

oh, and prior to connecting directly to the battery I had the charger hooked up "correctly" to the frame , hence going thru the BMS for a week. did the BMS system say to itself, "damn this battery is jacked, look at all the charge its taking. we better screw this guy and make the truck do weird shit like not retract mirrors or reset the whole sync system randomly.

does any of this mean anything? I dont know. its just what happened.

and with that I think I will ask Alexa to stream some Coldplay 🤣

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
ok boys n girls, ladies and gents.

so yesterday I decided screw the BMS thing and I connected my Battery Tender directly to the battery posts, damn the torpedoes . full steam ahead.

when I started this last night I measure the batt voltage thru the batt tender pigtail. the truck just parked n locked. it was about 12.8 volts.

at 0800 before doing anything to truck I measured and it was 14.3 volts, this after a night trickle charging directly to batt posts.

now I have read plenty online and everything seems to say an AGM battery floats around 12.9 volts.
ok fine. screw it. will this confuse the car BMS. dont care. did it make the difference? dont care.
but how would charging the battery around the BMS behave any different than if I had dropped in a brand new fully charged battery without doing anything else. dont know.

anyway, started the truck and all the sudden I am connected to wifi, modem is working, got about a dozen messages on the screen. connected my Ford Pass and the world is good.

at this point I dont care if Ford is tracking me or watching an old man drive back and forth to the Home Depot. my shit is WORKING !!!!

is it battery related? cant say for sure. I guess leaving it sit for a few days not charging may answer that.

oh, and prior to connecting directly to the battery I had the charger hooked up "correctly" to the frame , hence going thru the BMS for a week. did the BMS system say to itself, "damn this battery is jacked, look at all the charge its taking. we better screw this guy and make the truck do weird shit like not retract mirrors or reset the whole sync system randomly.

does any of this mean anything? I dont know. its just what happened.

and with that I think I will ask Alexa to stream some Coldplay 🤣
It's worth a try. This weekend I was going to reset the TCU with FORScan. Guess I will put the battery on a charger too.

Point of Interest: 12.8 is the fully charged Open Circuit Voltage of an AGM battery. To equalize an AGM battery the voltage should be between 15.5-16.3V for an 8 hour period. Equalizing removes all the sulfation on the plates.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
FordPass updated a few minutes ago.
The most obvious change is the 75th Anniversary emblem, but maybe something has been addressed?

Disappointed that no release notes were provided, of course

Ford F-150 FordPass problems, connectivity issues Screenshot_20230203_234319_FordPass
Sponsored