First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Since I have not seen any reviewer show what controls are available within the app (they don't own the vehicles), I still have so many questions. These will likely only be answerable by new powerboost owners, and now that we have a few, I thought I'd start!

* Does it offer a live visual meter of power consumed on each circuit, similar to what is in the sync4 dash?
* Does it give notifications or alarms if you exceed certain amounts of current, or notification when it has to start the engine?
* Does it let you set a low watermark (or panic mark) for when to kick on starting the engine or is that fixed?
* Can you turn on/off each circuit individually?
* I saw in one video an option for "ECO" mode that will charge the battery faster/slower while driving. Are those settings in the app too or just the dash?

So curious to play with this tech but will have to live vicariously through the early owners for now...
Sponsored

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Since I have not seen any reviewer show what controls are available within the app (they don't own the vehicles), I still have so many questions. These will likely only be answerable by new powerboost owners, and now that we have a few, I thought I'd start!

* Does it offer a live visual meter of power consumed on each circuit, similar to what is in the sync4 dash?
* Does it give notifications or alarms if you exceed certain amounts of current, or notification when it has to start the engine?
* Does it let you set a low watermark (or panic mark) for when to kick on starting the engine or is that fixed?
* I saw in one video an option for "ECO" mode that will charge the battery faster/slower while driving. Are those settings in the app too or just the dash?

So curious to play with this tech but will have to live vicariously through the early owners for now...
I’ve been meaning to ask the board about this. Mine is a powerboost with the 7.2 kw and I thought we would be able to monitor this but I don’t see anything in the FordPass app. There is no mention of it whatsoever. Maybe they have to release an updated FordPass app?

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve been meaning to ask the board about this. Mine is a powerboost with the 7.2 kw and I thought we would be able to monitor this but I don’t see anything in the FordPass app. There is no mention of it whatsoever. Maybe they have to release an updated FordPass app?
Really?? I kind of got my questions answered by the guy posting all the videos of his XLT powerboost he bought.

About 7 minutes in, he goes through the capabilities of the app:

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
Really?? I kind of got my questions answered by the guy posting all the videos of his XLT powerboost he bought.

About 7 minutes in, he goes through the capabilities of the app:
Good video. Thanks for posting. I haven’t had time yet to try my inverter/generator nor have I read up on it. I’ll try to in the next few days, though.

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Good video. Thanks for posting. I haven’t had time yet to try my inverter/generator nor have I read up on it. I’ll try to in the next few days, though.
Share any cool findings! I'm stuck in the waiting game for at least another month but I am super excited to learn more and play with it when I finally get it.

Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
It doesn’t look like you can actually turn the generator mode on/off without manually getting in and starting the vehicle and firing up the screens etc. that is a bit disappointing.

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
You have to have the vehicle actually on, not just started from the app. After you have that done (and the screen off to save a few watts) you can turn the generator on and off from either the back of the truck, or the dash. The app will show you what mod you are in, the A and B phases, and how much wattage is used on each phase. You can't really control it though.

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist

Your can see the draw on each circuit real time. It cycles the engine on/off when it needs the charge. I think the only way to turn off a circuit would be to hit the breaker reset. But I'm not sure about that , never tried that myself, it might pop back to the on position. Not sure why it would need to be disabled. Yes, you can set Eco idle to rev it higher to charge faster, but it's louder as well, maybe not good in quiet area camp grounds. Good luck, it's a sweet system, very useful.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Yes, you can set Eco idle to rev it higher to charge faster, but it's louder as well, maybe not good in quiet area camp grounds.
Wouldn't it be cool to be parked at a Harvest Host somewhere and everyone has a PB gently humming their lullabies in unison as we all fall comfortably to sleep :)
Sponsored