First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
I added a self service for doing my oil change, but everytime I try to upload a receipt it fails. I’ve tried every possible file format on my phone. I’ve even tried to do it on my computer from owner.ford.com but there’s no option to upload from there. Has anyone else had similar issues?
Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I have not tried adding my own service; however, my last warranty service at the dealer did populate in the FordPass app.

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Ford app in general is pretty horrible IMHO. I have quite a bit of experience with mobile app development and this one is almost complete $hit. Notifications/messages don’t get cleared after being read, violates a number of UI/UZ principles, doesn’t obey default iOS navigation behaviors, etc.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Ford app in general is pretty horrible IMHO. I have quite a bit of experience with mobile app development and this one is almost complete $hit. Notifications/messages don’t get cleared after being read, violates a number of UI/UZ principles, doesn’t obey default iOS navigation behaviors, etc.
The app is definitely wonky. It *mostly* works well for me, but is not without issues.

I’ll give the developers some credit as they sent me an acknowledgment email when I left a review on the App Store regarding the lack of functionality on my Apple Watch. The last update to FP fixed my watch issue.

Mike_D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
@TruckGuy2020

Sorry to dig up this old thread, looks like you're still an active member, I did a search and this is the only thread I found on this topic.....

I am having this same issue when using the FordPass app on my somewhat older Apple iPhone XR (12th generation). This is what I'm doing:

Open FordPass app
Select Service tab
Select Service History
Select a previously added Oil Change record
Edit Record
Select Add Receipt --> Add Receipt
Choose Photo (out of my iPhone Photos library)
Black out personal info
Select Save

It sits there spinning and then comes back with a message "Your receipt didn't upload, please try again later".

I have my iPhone camera set to take "most compatible" JPEG format photos. When I initially created this Oil Change record (my first time trying to add a record in FordPass), the app gave me the option to "Take Photo" within the app so I did that method, but I got the "Your receipt didn't upload, please try again later" message, but it did save the record text. Then I went back and tried to edit the record to add a receipt as described above with photos taken with my camera outside of the FordPass app, but still failed.

@TruckGuy2020
Were you ever able to resolve your issue with not being able to upload receipts? If so, how?

Maybe I would have better luck uploading during a weekday Mon-Fri? Or are people having better luck uploading receipts on owner.ford.com?

Any suggestions from anyone else also appreciated, very frustrated, thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
TruckGuy2020

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
@TruckGuy2020

Sorry to dig up this old thread, looks like you're still an active member, I did a search and this is the only thread I found on this topic.....

I am having this same issue when using the FordPass app on my somewhat older Apple iPhone XR (12th generation). This is what I'm doing:

Open FordPass app
Select Service tab
Select Service History
Select a previously added Oil Change record
Edit Record
Select Add Receipt --> Add Receipt
Choose Photo (out of my iPhone Photos library)
Black out personal info
Select Save

It sits there spinning and then comes back with a message "Your receipt didn't upload, please try again later".

I have my iPhone camera set to take "most compatible" JPEG format photos. When I initially created this Oil Change record (my first time trying to add a record in FordPass), the app gave me the option to "Take Photo" within the app so I did that method, but I got the "Your receipt didn't upload, please try again later" message, but it did save the record text. Then I went back and tried to edit the record to add a receipt as described above with photos taken with my camera outside of the FordPass app, but still failed.

@TruckGuy2020
Were you ever able to resolve your issue with not being able to upload receipts? If so, how?

Maybe I would have better luck uploading during a weekday Mon-Fri? Or are people having better luck uploading receipts on owner.ford.com?

Any suggestions from anyone else also appreciated, very frustrated, thanks!
it sorta fixed itself when I tried again after multiple days and attempts. The receipt upload part is definitely slow and I still sit there waiting a bit, but eventually it went though. I’ve found d the app to be very glitchy, and you need to keep both your phone and the app 100% up to date or it seems to stop working.

Mike_D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Thanks, I appreciate the reply, I'll give it another try tomorrow!
Sponsored