Ford vs linex spray in

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I’ve also read that Line-X offers different colors on their premium models so you can match the body of the truck.
Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I’ve also read that Line-X offers different colors on their premium models so you can match the body of the truck.
Yep, but I don't think I will do white. Lol

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
I only went Factory because knowing Ford with Pro Power on board they'll void your warranty if any issues should arise with your generator due to your "Aftermarket Bedliner" lol!!!

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I only went Factory because knowing Ford with Pro Power on board they'll void your warranty if any issues should arise with your generator due to your "Aftermarket Bedliner" lol!!!
Where did you hear this? My dealer supports (and has a partnership) with a bedliner company. I know they can do shady stuff, but spraying the bed isn't going to void the warranty.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Where did you hear this? My dealer supports (and has a partnership) with a bedliner company. I know they can do shady stuff, but spraying the bed isn't going to void the warranty.
This guy thinks kind of like I do.
If Ford did not install it---it must be the cause of totally unrelated failure.

Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
It might sound silly and I agree it is but, doing the Ford spray in bed liner from the factory would give Ford no reason to blame an aftermarket spray in bed liner company for problems with Pro Power.

Also, just because your dealer has a “partnership“ with a bed liner company, that doesn’t mean anything to Ford.

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
Yea shocked more guys didn't think about that when ordering.... "hmm bed liner place moves or touches any part of that system in truck bed just gives the warranty dept chance to deny you" not saying they will but you never know anymore...
How many dealerships install leveling kits and promise to keep warranty the something fails in suspension before 3/36k and ford won't cover it

rucus0101

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Navigator, Mustang
I had the Ford dealer do the spray in liner on my 2018. A week later my wife comes to me and says “hey didn’t the truck have lights in the bed when we looked at it?” Look in the back of the truck and no light for sure. The dealer sprayed over the lights and you couldn’t even tell they were ever there.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I had the Ford dealer do the spray in liner on my 2018. A week later my wife comes to me and says “hey didn’t the truck have lights in the bed when we looked at it?” Look in the back of the truck and no light for sure. The dealer sprayed over the lights and you couldn’t even tell they were ever there.
Lol.......Thats one Ford dealer I’d never return to because it’s obvious the lights are there not to mention that they had to see them during the prep work before spraying.

Are you sure that they didn’t tape off the lights and the switch before spraying and they forgot to remove the tape afterwards?

Very interesting.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Lol.......Thats one Ford dealer I’d never return to because it’s obvious the lights are there not to mention that they had to see them during the prep work before spraying.

Are you sure that they didn’t tape off the lights and the switch before spraying and they forgot to remove the tape afterwards?

Very interesting.
Yeah, that would be an easy fix. Drive it to the dealer and say, "fix it". Lol

Sponsored

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
When went to pick up my 2013 the dealer forgot to have the liner sprayed in! Got it for free!

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
For those looking to lease the Ford Factory bed liner can be included in the lease and there is a residual on the bed liner... Most after market add-on cannot be included in the lease but you can sell / transfer them at the end of the lease.

Typically the F150 has had a residual of about 70 percent of the MSRP and you can negotiate say 10 percent off. With this in mind a 500 dollar factory spray in will only cost you about 100 dollar through the course of the lease.

ilkhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Escape Limted
Not a big fan of either spray in. But I lived having the bed rug insert in my last truck. Easy to clean, soft and still protective.
Sponsored