• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Updating Wave 2 Invitations?

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Well, *some* dealers aren't telling us anything because they don't know, and they don't know anything because they honestly don't care at all. My dealership has taken great care of me in the past, but on the Bronco and Lightning front, they clearly have no incentive to help me in any way at this stage. I'm an early reservation holder on the Bronco, but because I ordered a Wildtrak with a hard top, they treat me like radioactive waste, haha
Well, *some* dealers aren't telling us anything because they don't know, and they don't know anything because they honestly don't care at all. My dealership has taken great care of me in the past, but on the Bronco and Lightning front, they clearly have no incentive to help me in any way at this stage. I'm an early reservation holder on the Bronco, but because I ordered a Wildtrak with a hard top, they treat me like radioactive waste, haha
So much entitlement.
Sponsored

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
So much entitlement.
If by "entitlement" you mean that I expect when I am planning to order an $80,000 vehicle that they would be interested in helping me to stay informed and they would try to find out at least as much information as this forum has? Then ok, I'm entitled. Call me little princess for all I care.

Forgiving Ford dealerships' crap customer service by saying "customers act so entitled" is an interesting play. Not my thing, but you do you.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
So much entitlement.
Yep, I agree that @jb56 's dealer sounds very entitled. Sounds like they take the business for granted under an antiquated sales model.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
So much entitlement.
"Expecting an employee to put in the bare minimum effort of logging in to a website to provide information for a potential customer is the definition of 'entitlement'" is not the dunk you think it is.

But you do you, boo-boo.

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
If it doesn't say order now why would you call Ford? Lol This is why dealer aren't telling us anything

I get the pop up that says order now that people got when they could order last wave.

Talked to my dealer and they said they have zero insights and couldn't tell me if I got an invite or not and to call ford.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I get the pop up that says order now that people got when they could order last wave.

Talked to my dealer and they said they have zero insights and couldn't tell me if I got an invite or not and to call ford.
If they read the lightning playbook that they were provided they would know that they in fact can see if you have an invite or not.

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
If they read the lightning playbook that they were provided they would know that they in fact can see if you have an invite or not.
I printed out the playbook and placed it in front of a salesman and the sales manager. They were both unable/unwilling to help me. And this was in a completely empty show room with a nearly empty lot--it's not like they had better things to do at the time.

They looked at me like I had handed them a printout from a random conspiracy theory reddit thread, not an official Ford document.

Sponsored

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
My dealer just called to tell me that I’m in wave 2. I’m #7 on his list. I reserved on 5/19, seventeen minutes into Ford’s presentation. They did not prioritize anyone. Good luck to all.

This is EXACTLY what my dealer said to me last week but I was #8. I reserved 5/19 20 minutes into the presentation. My dealer is NOT prioritizing so they say either. MSRP cost.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
My dealer just called to tell me that I’m in wave 2. I’m #7 on his list. I reserved on 5/19, seventeen minutes into Ford’s presentation. They did not prioritize anyone. Good luck to all.
I asked my dealer via email, however they have been less than chatty lately.

When I try that link though, I get what everyone else is getting at the moment saying I can order.

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
So much entitlement.
Call me entitled too then if I want the bare minimum done from a dealer, when I'm about to buy a $80k truck, lol.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I asked my dealer via email, however they have been less than chatty lately.

When I try that link though, I get what everyone else is getting at the moment saying I can order.
I've got the same sense w/ my Dealer, the replies have gotten longer :) I was/#3 on their list, hopefully nothing has changed.

I've gotten a bit more lenient as well as we're in 2 week cycles now and no amount of emailing is going to move a needle. I really want to email them and ask if I'm on the list for wave #2, but I'll know tomorrow, I can wait.
Sponsored