Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 STX//2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Sales Manager at Torrington Ford
Hey Everyone,
There has been a few questions about being able to lock yourself into rebates at time of order. Here is the message that pops up when I put my vin number into the system. It states that the vehicle is protected by the incentives from time of order, which my order date was 2/17. If you are hearing otherwise, your dealer might be uniformed. You also have the chance to see what rebates are available at time of sale. Thank you!

Bobby

Ford F-150 Ford Truck Month promotion coming next month says Ford! IMG_2784
Sponsored

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
Hey Everyone,
There has been a few questions about being able to lock yourself into rebates at time of order. Here is the message that pops up when I put my vin number into the system. It states that the vehicle is protected by the incentives from time of order, which my order date was 2/17. If you are hearing otherwise, your dealer might be uniformed. You also have the chance to see what rebates are available at time of sale. Thank you!

Bobby

IMG_2784.jpg
Uniforms are great and all, but what does it have to do with rebates... :)

camattin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost 4x4
Hi Bobby, thanks for doing this!

I almost went out this past weekend to make the purchase but am willing to wait to see what 3/2 shall bring. :)

I don't have one on order, but found an in-state dealer with one (supposedly) on the lot that's pretty much spec'd out as I like it.

VIN: 1FTFW1ED0MFA75746 (Platinum 701A), 27265, Z plan purchase

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Hey Everyone,

Bobby

IMG_2784.jpg
Thanks for the info. If I did not lock anything again, is there anyway retroactive to go back and take advantage of certain offers?

rathbunr5

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Yeah, according to them, there's 2k in x-plan "certificates" that expire March 31st. They said the certificate is address based, and that they come and go, and that they're not from the Dealership but from Ford. That's what they keep saying.
It sounds like your dealership doesn’t have a clue what they are doing. I realize that from dealer to dealer and state to state there are differences in how business is conducted, but your dealer sounds terrible misinformed. If I had to guess, the dealer is referencing the $2,000 PCO that expires at the end of March. It applies to everyone who receives a PCO and is not dependent on your being an X-Plan customer.

That being said, your dealer should be working to secure the best deal possible. That means locking in rebates at the time of order, offering to update the rebates (if more advantageous) at delivery.

Last edited:

rathbunr5

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hi Bobby, thanks for doing this!

I almost went out this past weekend to make the purchase but am willing to wait to see what 3/2 shall bring. :)

I don't have one on order, but found an in-state dealer with one (supposedly) on the lot that's pretty much spec'd out as I like it.

VIN: 1FTFW1ED0MFA75746 (Platinum 701A), 27265, Z plan purchase
I just ran that vin and it says sale pending....either they think you are buying it or someone else is....lol

Matthew2118

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fiesta, 2021 Ford F-150 XL Powerboost
It sounds like your dealership doesn’t have a clue what they are doing. I realize that from dealer to dealer and state to state there are differences in how business is conducted, but your dealer sounds terrible misinformed. If I had to guess, the dealer is referencing the $2,000 PCO that expires at the end of March. If you are using X-Plan, you don’t get to use that, so it is a mute point.

That being said, your dealer should be working to secure the best deal possible. That means locking in rebates at the time of order, offering to update the rebates (if more advantageous) at delivery. If you have a PCO, and perhaps this is the dealers angle, their best price + the PCO may be lower than the X-Plan. That could be why they are mentioning it, but doubtful.
You can use a PCO with x-plan. It should say at the bottom of each individual PCO what it can't be used with. They don't stack with the other employee/friend plans like A,D and Z I believe.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
@rathbunr5 Hey Bobby. Wondering if mine says anything? Sent you a PM with the VIN. Thank you so much for taking your time looking this stuff up!!

Sponsored

rathbunr5

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
@rathbunr5 Hey Bobby. Wondering if mine says anything? Sent you a PM with the VIN. Thank you so much for taking your time looking this stuff up!!
Hey Nick, I just got home from work, I am starting to look some stuff up now. I will be in touch shortly!

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
You can use a PCO with x-plan. It should say at the bottom of each individual PCO what it can't be used with. They don't stack with the other employee/friend plans like A,D and Z I believe.
You are correct, I will amend my post from earlier. I read a PCO I got in the mail recently and thought X was on the list...it was not.

Drkmacleod

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Manufacturing
On March 2nd, which will be the first day of March programs I will report back to everyone. If you want to know what the programs are send me your zip code and which trim level you are getting and I can tell you what is available.
Zip: 29697 Trim: Lariat Thanks!

jmphelan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 RAM 1500, 2020 GT500, 2020 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Chief Product Officer
On March 2nd, which will be the first day of March programs I will report back to everyone. If you want to know what the programs are send me your zip code and which trim level you are getting and I can tell you what is available.
I'm picking up a Platinum in 44039, it's from a dealer in Michigan if that matters.

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
@rathbunr5 Zip code 33761 and trim level is Platinum 1FTFW1E86MFB04282. Thank you!
Sponsored

Last edited: