Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
From what I understand, BlueCruise does not integrate with the Navigation system. It'll drive for you in the highways, but it's still your responsibility to get off on the right exit, for example.
I think you’re right and now that I think about it, it’s not using the full navigation system but it’s using some part of it because it works via mapped out road markings and signag on the roads or interstates and it’s reading them as the vehicle is moving.
Sponsored

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
The $600 is for the software for 3 years, then tbd after that.

You still need this: Ford Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 Prep Package

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
The $600 is for the software for 3 years, then tbd after that.

You still need this: Ford Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 Prep Package
Wow.……Thats insane.

In the next 3-5 years, I predict that this system will be standard on many if not all Ford vehicles and there won’t be any extra charges.

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
Assist 2.0. That’s why I’m confused why I even got the email insinuating it would be a $600 upgrade.
I think you might be confusing the two. The software ($600 upgrade) is separate from the Assist 2.0 ($1000). You MUST have the assist 2.0 hardware option in your build for you to be able to install/use the software that will be released this fall (i.e. BlueCruise)

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
This tech is interesting and I enjoyed watching the video but I was wondering if anyone has thought about this.

I’m not sure if I’m wrong or not but in order for a consumer to use this, one has to use the manufacturers maps / navigation system not to mention having to pay the subscription for the Ford connected service.

If this is the case, Apple Maps, Google maps, and Waze would be useless.

I find it hard to believe that the above mentioned navigation services have not mapped the same roads for this system to work the same way if not better.

If Ford or any brand allows Apple CarPlay and Android Auto via a simple setting on the center stack screen, and if the vehicle is equipped with the hardware for self driving, one should be able to use Apple Maps or Google maps.

Perhaps in the future Ford and other brands who offer self driving will let owners pick and choose which navigation service they want to use with the self driving feature but this will also require some type of standard for the roads to be mapped so the system in the car can adapt and update automatically.

Sorry for the rant.
It was a good rant, but I have no doubt that the #1 reason Ford wants us to use their software vs a 3rd party is, in part, so they can collect the driver and vehicle data. Using a 3rd party platform might be a bit trickier (legally) and even expose FoMoCo to unwanted lawsuits if a 3rd party platform fails. My 'irresponsible speculation'.

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I think you might be confusing the two. The software ($600 upgrade) is separate from the Assist 2.0 ($1000). You MUST have the assist 2.0 hardware option in your build for you to be able to install/use the software that will be released this fall (i.e. BlueCruise)
It looks like Ford made a mistake and sent e-mails to people that have "assist 2.0" and "active 2.0"(aka blue cruise). They should have only sent the e-mail to "active 2.0"

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
Ahh - thanks for the correction. Assist and Active 2.0 are definitely different. I don't think Ford could have MADE it more confusing!
Sponsored