Sponsored

Ford Streaming trial expiring - What is Ford Streaming?

ws6transam

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT, C7 Corvette, 1984 Pontiac TransAM
Occupation
Seismotectonics Research Engineer
If you're using Android auto, you can press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel to activate Google assistant via the car. One normal tap activated the built in sync voice control, while a longer hold activates your phones android auto or apple carplay voice control.
Ooh, I just have to try this. Probably this afternoon, when I have to drive into campus. Thanks for the tip!
Sponsored

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB Mid Front Bench, 2013 E350 4x4
My Ford STreaming is now officially expired. So far, the only side-effect seems to be my loss of Alexa services to ask where the nearest restaurants are located. I haven't been able to get the hang of this voice command thing anyway. The only thing I've been able to do hands-free so far is turn on and off the rear window defroster. Oh, and I asked Alexa for tomorrow's lotto numbers and she gave me Amazon headquarters telephone number as a snarky response. I can't see any value to Ford Streaming that was worth the $15 a month. In terms of streaming music, as advertised by Ford, I managed to get it to stream twice: Once, I asked to play some music by Roy Rogers, and it played one song. Then I asked to hear some music by the band Boston, and again, it played one song. I couldn't figure out how to get it to play a playlist by a band, or album. This was rather...not useful, if I had to ask for more music every three minutes.

I couldnt even figure out navigation without touching my nav-screen, or voice-dialing telephone calls with Alexa; So instead of hollering Alexa, I say Okay Google, and my telephone picks up. Of course, I have to look down and physically unlock my telephone by pushing buttons before that works , so it's still not hands-free. Does anyone know of any tutorials online about how to successfully maximize the hands-free voice operations in today's cars?

fordstreaming.jpg
I know this is an old post, but I had your same complaint about asking Alexa to play a song, and it's just one song (then annoyingly flips back to FM radio), and also not "getting" the point of Ford streaming.

In case you go back to considering streaming, I've found you can set up playlists on amazon music, and (if you don't have playlists), you could also ask Alexa to play whole albums (which I'd never done before, but it obviates the whole switching back to static thing).

So, fwiw, when I got the truck, I went from never paying anything for music, to paying for Ford Streaming ($10) and paying (because of the truck) for amazon music. ($10). I've been somewhat happy. Now that I have an echo dot setup in the garage, I'm getting used to only playing music by asking for it, and whipping out my phone seems like a pain. Just my experience.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17hondaCRV, 22lightningXLT312Aicedbluesilver
Occupation
retarded
Without paying for Ford Streaming, Alexa works for asking to navigate using Ford Nav, but not getting Amazon music. I do not have unlimited cell, so I use AT&T $200/yr hotspot to my Android. Paying $5.99+fees+tax to SiriusXM=$8.49/mo for those channels, but I should just use Pandora on Android and be happy.
Sponsored