• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
Same email here, wave 2 XLT SR (+ both tow options, 9.6, amd tailgate step) with no production date yet.

Will there be a production date ever? I'll keep mashing F5 til i know.
Add me to the list. Never should have purchased outside of Tesla.
Wave 2 XLT SR.

Tow Tech
Max Tow
Tailgate Step
5/30/22 Scheduled Production
+9.6 kWh

Ditto for me. No change in Production week, thus far.

Not worried, still have faith on the Lightning production schedule timeline. IMHO Feel like it was just a CYA blanket production email.
Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
This email was not specific to lightning orders. ICE F150 delayed too. I wouldn’t worry about this too much.
I wish they were more specific about these sorts of things. Some people would be willing to change certain options if they knew there was a delay because of something specific... Sprayed bed, leather vs cloth, or even something like the color are simple things people would change if they knew it was a bottleneck.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
My email came at 11:36 p.m. Glad I did not get out of bed to read it.

If the SR could be a hold up, I would be more than happy to switch to a PRO ER if that would help out Ford

JustaProGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I have a 5/30 production date also on a PRO. I think this is just a cya from Ford, the chip company thats down is hoping to be back up by Wednesday, so this just gives Ford the option to delay things if they have to and they want to be upfront. It seems it went to every Ford customer with an order whether or not they had a production date. I'm guessing our production dates will stay the same until Ford needs to move them, if they're moved at all.

daveross1212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tahoe Z71, 22 X5 45e, '22 F150L Lariat ER
I don't understand how a public company can be so bad at customer relationship management. Sending an email with "your order is delayed" - and including a link to your order with zero changes / notifications etc on it is just ripe to cause turmoil. Lariat ER, scheduled for production week of 5/16.

Sponsored

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
I have not gotten the email. I am sure I will get it soon.

Lariat ER with Max Tow and Spray Berliner

State: New Jersey

5/19 Reservation
2/3 Order Wave 3
5/9 Build Date

Watt2Go

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX30, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired IT
Same email here, Lariat ER and still shows a May 16th production date online...

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
Received the email. No changes yet in production date (5/9). LARIAT ER with only Max tow and Smoked Quartz as options.

Better to see that everyone is getting the email than just a few. No concerns for me, I am in for the ride and expected bumps along the way.

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
Received the same email. But I have no build date or vin yet. Ordered 1/20

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Same here. Pro, tow truck, tailgate step. Wave 1, production originally 5/30.

Order page date unchanged.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
It seems to be all of the SR packs. And now we likely lose not only the 22’ price but also the $7500 tax credit.

RIP @Ford Motor Company
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sent out (blanket spam) email: "An Important Update About Your Order" [Ford Official Comment] 1647694298124

If Lightning + Mach E's are delayed, there's no EVs to increase the count...
It doesn't change a thing.

If anything, a pause in production would allow an extension of the credit.

Several sites are projecting a June timeline for hitting 200,00 units which would put a full phase out in Q3, '23. If this delay causes Ford to hit the 200,000 in July, full phase out wouldn't happen until Q4 '23; which gives Ford a whole extra quarter of production, sales, and delivery.

If you haven't ordered yet, you should very happy about this delay from a tax credit perspective.

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Director of communications position is now open

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sent out (blanket spam) email: "An Important Update About Your Order" [Ford Official Comment] 200

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I don't understand how a public company can be so bad at customer relationship management. Sending an email with "your order is delayed" - and including a link to your order with zero changes / notifications etc on it is just ripe to cause turmoil. Lariat ER, scheduled for production week of 5/16.
Because Ford is a dinasour company that is trying to turn into a EV focused tech company. Using their existing dinasour employees

Not going to work well.

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
1647694298124.png

If Lightning + Mach E's are delayed, there's no EVs to increase the count...
It doesn't change a thing.

If anything, a pause in production would allow an extension of the credit.

Several sites are projecting a June timeline for hitting 200,00 units which would put a full phase out in Q3, '23. If this delay causes Ford to hit the 200,000 in July, full phase out wouldn't happen until Q4 '23; which gives Ford a whole extra quarter of production, sales, and delivery.

If you haven't ordered yet, you should very happy about this delay from a tax credit perspective.
Yes. If Ford halts all EV production it could be good news for the federal tax credit side of things… this I agree. Though full 7500 credit is the goal. Not 50%. Not 25%. The timing is tight.

But also bad news for the company and the stock. The market come Monday morning would just love to hear that. Meanwhile Tesla continues pumping out thousands of cars per days and it about to open giga Texas to more than double production on their even more profitable vehicles. Hmm. .
Sponsored

Last edited: