ford and mil

t-bone82

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 2.7EB XLT Sport
Just have to vent. Placed my MY 22 order on 7th of October. Two weeks ago was told that Ford wouldn’t accept order because my drivers license has been expired. We’ll it has been expired for years because I’m a Texas resident and have lived out of state on active duty orders. This is perfectly legal and accepted as I have rented cars and used my license when being pulled over once here in Virginia. So after explaining all this to my dealer and them reaching back multiple times to Ford, even with my valid passport, Ford refuses to book my order until I have a valid drivers license. I can not believe how ridiculous this is! So now I’m scrambling to get a Virginia license so I can fork over 70k for a vehicle that is supposedly from a proud to be American company!! The hypocrisy is mind blowing!!
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
It’s even worse that they offer more for college students than Vets/AD…. But oh well, nothing can be done about it. Get yourself a mail in rebate which is more than the $500 anyway

Anthraces

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR PB n order
Occupation
Military
Just have to vent. Placed my MY 22 order on 7th of October. Two weeks ago was told that Ford wouldn’t accept order because my drivers license has been expired. We’ll it has been expired for years because I’m a Texas resident and have lived out of state on active duty orders. This is perfectly legal and accepted as I have rented cars and used my license when being pulled over once here in Virginia. So after explaining all this to my dealer and them reaching back multiple times to Ford, even with my valid passport, Ford refuses to book my order until I have a valid drivers license. I can not believe how ridiculous this is! So now I’m scrambling to get a Virginia license so I can fork over 70k for a vehicle that is supposedly from a proud to be American company!! The hypocrisy is mind blowing!!
go to Chapman Ford in PA and they will take care of you. @dealerinsider

ask for Tom or Steven I am AD stationed in VA as well and just went up this last weekend to pick up my truck.

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel

Sponsored

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL on order 67 Dodge Coronet 440
Occupation
Retired
Ask your dealer if they will do X-plan pricing. If they do (quite a few around her won’t) look at joining Veterans Advantage, their partnership with Ford gives X- plan pricing to its members. Thanks to a fellow squid on here I was able to renew my membership and get the pricing on my truck. (Took some work for my dealer to do it “honor their x-price or I walk)

OP
OP

t-bone82

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 2.7EB XLT Sport
Ask your dealer if they will do X-plan pricing. If they do (quite a few around her won’t) look at joining Veterans Advantage, their partnership with Ford gives X- plan pricing to its members. Thanks to a fellow squid on here I was able to renew my membership and get the pricing on my truck. (Took some work for my dealer to do it “honor their x-price or I walk)
Thanks, I already had the X-plan (ford stock holder) and the dealer honored it for orders only