Sponsored
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Supercrew Platinum
Full Ford press release:https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ect-of-parts-shortages-on-q3-performance.html

And WSJ's report on it:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/ford-w...inished-vehicles-11663620521?mod=hp_lead_pos3

Ford Motor Co. said Monday that shortages of certain parts will result in a higher-than-planned number of unfinished vehicles in its inventory.
“Vehicles on wheels” have been built but are still in need of some parts, the company said. Ford said it expected to have about 40,000 to 45,000 such vehicles in inventory at end of the third quarter. Those vehicles “disproportionately include high-demand, high-margin models of popular trucks and SUVs,” Ford said.
Completing these vehicles will shift some revenue and earnings before interest and taxes to the fourth quarter, Ford said. It added that “based on recent negotiations, inflation-related supplier costs during the third quarter will run about $1 billion higher than originally expected.”
Ford said it was affirming its expectation for full-year 2022 adjusted earnings before interest and tax of between $11.5 billion to $12.5 billion. The company also said it was expecting third-quarter adjusted EBIT of between $1.4 billion and $1.7 billion. In the second quarter, the company reported adjusted EBIT of $3.7 billion.
Ford is slated to release third-quarter 2022 financial results on Oct. 26.
Sponsored

Nasto

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Full Ford press release:https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ect-of-parts-shortages-on-q3-performance.html

And WSJ's report on it:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/ford-w...inished-vehicles-11663620521?mod=hp_lead_pos3

Ford Motor Co. said Monday that shortages of certain parts will result in a higher-than-planned number of unfinished vehicles in its inventory.
“Vehicles on wheels” have been built but are still in need of some parts, the company said. Ford said it expected to have about 40,000 to 45,000 such vehicles in inventory at end of the third quarter. Those vehicles “disproportionately include high-demand, high-margin models of popular trucks and SUVs,” Ford said.
Completing these vehicles will shift some revenue and earnings before interest and taxes to the fourth quarter, Ford said. It added that “based on recent negotiations, inflation-related supplier costs during the third quarter will run about $1 billion higher than originally expected.”
Ford said it was affirming its expectation for full-year 2022 adjusted earnings before interest and tax of between $11.5 billion to $12.5 billion. The company also said it was expecting third-quarter adjusted EBIT of between $1.4 billion and $1.7 billion. In the second quarter, the company reported adjusted EBIT of $3.7 billion.
Ford is slated to release third-quarter 2022 financial results on Oct. 26.
Those of us who went through the "Class of My22" and survived will thank our lucky stars when we start browsing the various My23 build week threads. Sincere good luck to all! 🙏

Last edited:

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I guess this affects all models to some degree. Theres about 1000 (and growing) escapes and Corsairs sitting at the fairgrounds about 2 miles from my house. And I often see SD's filling vacant lots as well

OP
OP
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I guess this affects all models to some degree. Theres about 1000 (and growing) escapes and Corsairs sitting at the fairgrounds about 2 miles from my house. And I often see SD's filling vacant lots as well
The scary part is that it will definitely get worse before it gets better. They seem to keep kicking the can on ETAs when they know full well that each updated timetable is unattainable. Simply put, the way they've handled this "unprecedented" event is abysmal and will have long-term repercussions over the coming years. Nearly everyone I've spoken with about this debacle plans to go with a different logo on their next vehicle and a similar sentiment is widespread throughout this entire forum. It's never a good idea to bite the hand that feeds you.

bigjohnp

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
retired
The only problem with that is that all the other companies are in the same boat. These problems will take a long time to resolve themselves.

Sponsored

bwm1116s

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22Lariat 22Braptor 13 ZL1 69Z28 Camaro 97SVT Cobra
Occupation
Food Distribution
Those of us who went through the "Class of My22" and survived will thank our luck stars when we start browsing the various My23 build week threads. Sincere good luck to all! 🙏
I ordered a MY21 F150 on 08/21/21 and just last week I took delivery of my rolled over MY22 F150. 384 days

OP
OP
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The only problem with that is that all the other companies are in the same boat. These problems will take a long time to resolve themselves.
Agreed, for sure. It’s reasonable to believe that once this group of purchasers is ready for their next truck, enough time will have passed since the poor experience and a portion of us will give the brand another chance to get it right. The question that Wall Street is trying to decipher is exactly what percentage is that portion. Considering Ford’s ticker plummeted 11% yesterday on the recent financial implications of the ongoing supply chain constraints, it appears this piece will start to become factored in with future quarters. As always, time will tell - cheers, fellow Ford enthusiast.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
For whatever reason, no matter how deep we get into this parts shortage, I am still amazed at the number of brand new cars populating vacant lots around the U.S. The labor and logistic needed to finish all of those vehicles outside the factory line has to be astronomical.

Sponsored

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
I’m sure that didn’t help but the drop was more focused on the $1B of added input costs from inflation. The street hated that news.

Agreed, for sure. It’s reasonable to believe that once this group of purchasers is ready for their next truck, enough time will have passed since the poor experience and a portion of us will give the brand another chance to get it right. The question that Wall Street is trying to decipher is exactly what percentage is that portion. Considering Ford’s ticker plummeted 11% yesterday on the recent financial implications of the ongoing supply chain constraints, it appears this piece will start to become factored in with future quarters. As always, time will tell - cheers, fellow Ford enthusiast.

OP
OP
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m sure that didn’t help but the drop was more focused on the $1B of added input costs from inflation. The street hated that news.
Agreed. That said, an efficient market would have already considered the ongoing supply chain constraints and is now likely gauging impact to future quarters. Institutional investors & market movers have had this knowledge for days, if not weeks, and shifted their positions accordingly. Altogether, nobody knows and we’re just living in a simulation.

JeffInCOS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lincoln Nautius BL
Occupation
Retired USAF and IT
Am I right the 3rd quarter ends at the end of September? This means my truck will be ready by Friday of next week!! OMG, I am so happy right now. Wait, they have to ship 40-45,000 finished trucks. That will take what, based on Ford's past shipping numbers, 8-10 months? Oh well, I was hopeful for a minute.

PPK

First Name
PPK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 502A, 1947 CJ2A, WK2 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
It is a true economic crack-up.. Its not just trucks and autos.. its everything in a datacenter, and a house.. My '22 has 2100 miles on it and I am hoping it is solid till this passes.. geez..

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
There is also a group of purchasers who recieved trucks and Ford won't or took over a year to address issues and the fixes didn't fix it for some.

Go look at the Transmission Shudder thread that has 66,000 views!!

I'm guess a large portion of these people will think twice before buying a Ford again..
Sponsored