Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
So I’ve been trying to find the post someone made about finding the “sweet spot” for which ESP would suit you best and haven’t had much luck. Anyone know?
Sponsored

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
Thank you! That is the one, I think it still holds tru after the price change too.

6 year 75000 is also an enticing option based on that chart.
Although I don't typically keep vehicles this long, and in the past have canceled and received the refund for ESP plans, I think I am sold on the 7 year 125k $50 deductible option. With key and lighting it's still fairly attractive - Zeigler is the cheapest at $2,385.

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
Thank you! That is the one, I think it still holds tru after the price change too.

6 year 75000 is also an enticing option based on that chart.
Post 108.....page 8....of that thread has a great breakdown.

I'll copy and past what I added too from that thread

Great excel spreadsheet by one of our members. The price has changed since then, but the methodology still applies.

I still think the $50 dollar deductible is "technically" the sweet spot, in spite of the initial diagnostic fee. However, in a world of $8 dollar coffees, I understand why a few hundred more to go to 0 deductible , makes sense for some.

Just remember, there is no deductible for the first 3/36. Likewise, if it's powertrain related, there is no deductible for the first 5/60. It takes about six visits of paying the $50 deductible to break even. On a seven year plan, that's almost every six months of bringing it in before you start to realize a savings on a 0 deductible (1.75 per year).

Again, different options for different people, but I will be purchasing a ESP for sure considering:
1. The computer tech and electronics in the PB
2. The fact that my truck will be built during the most "suspect" and challenging times in auto manufacturing history.

Sponsored

KDPGame02

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Software Development & Design
For these two reasons. ^^

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
It is my understanding that if they offer a discount to 1 person, that discount has to be offered to everyone. So they could offer less than MSRP, but since most places want to start at MSRP, none will negotiate. As soon as they offer a person a discount, they have to offer everyone after it the same discount (on warranties).

I would have to find all the info again, but what this dealer is doing would be acceptable in Florida as they are just offering reduced rates for all. In order to sell in FL though they have to register as an insurance broker (I think) in the state. It's not worth it to most out of state companies time to do that just for Florida just for warranties like this.
Just curious if you have been able to secure an ESP or PMP being in Florida. The quotes provided by Granger compared to the quotes I've been finding by Ziegler for Florida for an 8/100,000 mile ESP coverage with $0 deductible, and Premium Maintenance Plan combined, are well over 7K!!

Looks like I won't be getting any type of coverage on my truck until rates don't come down 50%.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Just curious if you have been able to secure an ESP or PMP being in Florida. The quotes provided by Granger compared to the quotes I've been finding by Ziegler for Florida for an 8/100,000 mile ESP coverage with $0 deductible, and Premium Maintenance Plan combined, are well over 7K!!

Looks like I won't be getting any type of coverage on my truck until rates don't come down 50%.
I have not. I will wait probably until I'm closer to 3 years or 15k (when the prices go up). I'll just go to my dealer at that point as they are good peeps and If I have to pay full price, might as well pay them.

SomebodyInGNV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 4WD 301A 3.5L w/ HDPP
Occupation
retired

Lombard sells discounted Ford warranties in Florida. $0/8yr/100,000 mile "Premium Care" (whatever that is, it's the most expensive) is $3,970 for a 2022 F150 4WD w/ 500 miles.

https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com

I have no relationship with them. I'm just a potential customer.

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I have not. I will wait probably until I'm closer to 3 years or 15k (when the prices go up). I'll just go to my dealer at that point as they are good peeps and If I have to pay full price, might as well pay them.
I think the combination of setbacks with all types of insurance (home, car, etc) make living in Florida quite a headache. If I can find a comparable quote where I can get both the Premium Maintenance Plan and ESP for 8/100K miles with exterior and interior lighting, first day extended rental, and $0 deductible under 4K, then I'll consider.

I may just consider selling the truck anyhow in about 5 years depending on how EV truck availability has has balanced out by then.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
So I’ve been trying to find the post someone made about finding the “sweet spot” for which ESP would suit you best and haven’t had much luck. Anyone know?
I think this all starts with your personal driving habits.

How long do you plan on keeping it?
How many miles do you drive a year?

Don't over or under insure. Does that make sense?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Although I don't typically keep vehicles this long, and in the past have canceled and received the refund for ESP plans, I think I am sold on the 7 year 125k $50 deductible option. With key and lighting it's still fairly attractive - Zeigler is the cheapest at $2,385.
We should be better priced than them, Did you give us a shot at pricing it?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
We are seeing a lot of F-Series trucks finally get delivered, once your truck gets delivered to your dealership please reach out and we'll be happy to beat your local dealerships pricing on an extended contract!

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
We should be better priced than them, Did you give us a shot at pricing it?
Yessir. I was quoted from Granger for $2,385 for 7 year, 125k, $50 deductible, with key and lighting. Zeigler quoted same price for same coverage with their payinfull discount. Either route I go through I will pay in full.

ARegularJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2 Order: 22 Lariat 500A/3.5 EB/FX4/Max Tow/+
Alcon,

When purchasing ESP and/or Mopar MVP with the new F150, what are the implication to those coverages that 'customization' would affect? Air box, OW Separator, Tuned Exhaust, Different Shocks, Wheels and Tires etc. E.G. Mopar coverage includes repairing/replacing wheels that have been curb-scuffed or pothole mashed.

BTW, truck will spend most of its time in Arizona after it's been properly protected with ceramic window and body coatings, heavier tinting, etc. Mopar seems to cover a lot of cosmetic things so, for example, my ceramic coated windshield needs to be replaced... will it be replaced and ceramic coated again?

Is the MOPAR coverage even beneficial with Insurance coverage that includes glass coverage?

Thoughts?
Sponsored